Gift Card for no Housekeeping at Sports

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
I was able to participate in this during my stay right now. It is $10 per day of housekeeping that you skip. The gift card was emailed to me almost immediately after singing up at the front desk.

Do you think it was worth it? I heard they clean the room every third night with the offer but I've also heard they don't clean the room at all.

Just came back from a stay at POFQ , and took them up on their no housekeeping offer as well. It was $10. per night minus one night of your stay . 7 night stay would get a $60. gift card. We just had a 3 night stay , so we got a $20. gift card emailed instantly to our email address.
Worked for us , as we always hang the privacy tag on our door for our whole stay anyway . We dont care for people in our room when we are out. We just ask for extra towels,coffe, etc when we need it.

Last edited:
Do you think it was worth it? I heard they clean the room every third night with the offer but I've also heard they don't clean the room at all.

It is worth it to us. There are just 2 of us and we have no children. I don't care if my bed is made. We don't generate a lot of trash and we keep the room pretty tidy. I also use a bath towel more than once at home, so I have no problem re-using mine here.

I was able to participate in this during my stay right now. It is $10 per day of housekeeping that you skip. The gift card was emailed to me almost immediately after singing up at the front desk.
How does the email gift card work? I’ve always used physical gift cards.

We did it last week at Movies. Got a $50 egift card for a 6 night stay. After 3rd day we called for more towels, etc. and they brought it to the room. If you decline housekeeping the do not come to your room. I had heard after 3 days they do clean the room but that may have changed now.

The third night, they take your dirty towels and take the trash. That's all. They don't change your sheets until the 6 night. Did it in September at Pop.

The third night, they take your dirty towels and take the trash. That's all. They don't change your sheets until the 6 night. Did it in September at Pop.[/QUOTE

With the exception of asking for more towels, etc. housekeeping did not come to our room at all. We just returned from a 6 night stay at ASMo. We were told at check in that since we declined housekeeping no one would enter our room. Things have probably changed since you went in September as the price per night has gone down.

we were there for 5 nights, I'm almost positive that nobody came into our room to empty trash, we had to call for towels at Sports...

That seems like they are making money on people. When I stay DVC it cost me $30 a night if I want the room clean. So if you stay in a resort hotel they will give you $10 to not clean your room.

Now I guess there are two thoughts here, if I am one who hangs the do not disturb sign, I guess I'd take the $10.
But that is not me, no I don't want my room clean every day, but it is nice, but if I only get back $10 this vacation because I'm staying POR and POFQ, but next vacation I have to pay you $30, than that is not fair and I want what I am paying for, so go ahead and clean my room. Now at $25 a day, I would definitely see how it profits me and would be more than happy to take the deal.

Just my opinion but people need to start saying no until Disney brings there price back up to what is fair and reasonable.

I would participate in this! We stay off-site at Bonnet Creek every year (my dad has a time-share) and they only offer housekeeping at an additional charge. :earseek:

I'm not entirely sure. This is what I got. We didn't even get it for the first day because we did online check in so didn't go to the front desk until the next morning to sign up.

So did you go down the next day to ask if they were giving out the gift cards? Is this something you have to proactive about? I never do housekeeping, so getting the gift card would be a plus. My last trip, when I went to registration, and said I did Online Check-In, I felt like they couldn't get me out of there quick enough. I had a question, I didn't ask, could have pushed to ask, but the person manning the line didn't want people in line.

Is this being offered at all resorts? We will staying at POR for 5 nights and then YC for 3 nights in January. We would love to have the option to opt of housekeeping for a gift card.

So did you go down the next day to ask if they were giving out the gift cards? Is this something you have to proactive about? I never do housekeeping, so getting the gift card would be a plus. My last trip, when I went to registration, and said I did Online Check-In, I felt like they couldn't get me out of there quick enough. I had a question, I didn't ask, could have pushed to ask, but the person manning the line didn't want people in line.

Yes I went and asked the front desk about it. I did online check in so I'm not sure if they ask about it at regular check in.

I got the offer when I was at Sports last week. Stayed 5 nights and got a $40 gift card. They added my email address but the voucher still hadn't come through 2 days later so I went to check at Concierge to see if they had my email correct. Apparently it has been an ongoing problem of the voucher emails not being sent so they issued me a physical gift card straight away. I was told it was fresh towels on day 4 with a room clean on day 5 but as I was checking out anyway I don't know if that would be true.
If I'm only staying a few nights I'm not too bothered about having housekeeping but if I was there for a week or more I'm not sure I would have gone for the offer.

Anyone know all the resorts this is being offered it? It is still in the testing phase I believe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter