Gideons

They had always planned on closing before reopening as a grand opening. They rushed to soft open for the holiday rush, and then had planned to do their grand opening January.

Regardless of WHy they are closed, I look forward to their reopening. Their cookies are marvelous!

Gideon's owner knows how popular his product is and how highly anticipated the opening was.

Genuine question... Popular...where? I'd never heard of it until people started gushing about it on here. (Frankly the pictures don't make me want to rush out and buy them - the look like piles of...yeah. Not appetizing IMHO.)

Genuine question... Popular...where? I'd never heard of it until people started gushing about it on here. (Frankly the pictures don't make me want to rush out and buy them - the look like piles of...yeah. Not appetizing IMHO.)
In Orlando, and when they carried just the cookie at Disney Springs in the Polite Pig (they constantly sold out, and their other store has pre-orders, and sells out of specifc offerings). I can't wait to try them! They only have the other store, and are pretty much a "small business" that was a local phenomenon.

In Orlando, and when they carried just the cookie at Disney Springs in the Polite Pig (they constantly sold out, and their other store has pre-orders, and sells out of specifc offerings). I can't wait to try them! They only have the other store, and are pretty much a "small business" that was a local phenomenon.

Ah. Gotcha.

That is definitely a real possibility...but once again, how were they surprised by it when every single one of us was expecting it? Disney is always caught off guard by these openings or roll-outs. Their computer crashes, the ride breaks down, they ran out of product. How on Earth are these people always caught like a deer in the headlights??? Gideon's owner knows how popular his product is and how highly anticipated the opening was. If they were unprepared and not expecting 3 hour waits for months after opening then he is an idiot.

I just read this update post on Instagram.

UPDATE! It would seem I picked a bad night to disconnect and watch the Bee Gees documentary! 😅 Thank you, everyone, for the concern. We are still in a soft opening mode. We've learned a great deal over our holiday test run and are so grateful to everyone for making it such an overwhelming success! Our opening was beyond our expectations, so we are putting on the brakes to deal with behind-the-scenes logistics ahead of the grand opening. Keep an eye out here for news. ⁣

My apologies to everyone that didn't get a response to your emails and DM's last night. It's become too much today for me to reply to them all.

Last edited:
It's more likely Covid. And if so it was very responsible of them to close temporarily. I wish more businesses would do so when it happens.
Well, I’ll take their word for it......though trying to guess why something happens doesn’t add to my life’s enjoyment, so I may just forget about it....

Cookies look delicious though!

Last edited:
Can anyone say how well the cookies keep/travel? Planning to get some to bring home to my Dad, and will be flying.....so just trying to see.

Ours survived a 14 hour drive in their original wrapping and box. When we got home we took them out of the box and put the paper-wrapped cookies in a tupperware. They were good for 4 days. We finished them on day 5 and by then they were still tasty but the chips had started to get discolored and the last cookie had dried out a little. I've heard they freeze well if you want them to last longer than that.

(I think i just answered your post about the chicken salad - i guess we have the same taste in food. 🤣 )

I bought 6 cookies on Christmas Day, I got there at the sweet spot of 15 mins before opening, so the line was very short.
I ate 1 and tried a couple of the others (so delicious) I put them in a ziplock bag as well. I went back on Sunday and got 6 more. The line was wrapped around infront of Morimoto, everyone was pretty well distanced. (I got there at 1015ish) They started the virtual queue around 1030-1045. It took me about 40 mins in line.
I still have some, and have put them in my freezer.
I do recommend the chocolate chip one microwaved for 15 seconds, then it's very melty.

I have been eating them about 1/8th at a time, they are very rich.
My favorite ones are the coffee cake cookie, the chocolate chip one, the Krampus one (sadly discontinued), and the peanut butter one.
The cookies and cream one was good, but I think it was better fresh. And the toffee-pistachio one was just ok.
I'm going in 2 weeks, and I think I'm going to make an order and pick up at the Orlando location.

I did tell the person at Ragland Road who was working on the mobile bar that they should open it at 10, so if someone wants a drink while waiting in line, they could make some $$.

I bought 6 cookies on Christmas Day, I got there at the sweet spot of 15 mins before opening, so the line was very short.
I ate 1 and tried a couple of the others (so delicious) I put them in a ziplock bag as well. I went back on Sunday and got 6 more. The line was wrapped around infront of Morimoto, everyone was pretty well distanced. (I got there at 1015ish) They started the virtual queue around 1030-1045. It took me about 40 mins in line.
I still have some, and have put them in my freezer.
I do recommend the chocolate chip one microwaved for 15 seconds, then it's very melty.

I have been eating them about 1/8th at a time, they are very rich.
My favorite ones are the coffee cake cookie, the chocolate chip one, the Krampus one (sadly discontinued), and the peanut butter one.
The cookies and cream one was good, but I think it was better fresh. And the toffee-pistachio one was just ok.
I'm going in 2 weeks, and I think I'm going to make an order and pick up at the Orlando location.

I did tell the person at Ragland Road who was working on the mobile bar that they should open it at 10, so if someone wants a drink while waiting in line, they could make some $$.
Soooo jealous! I got there too late for the coffee cake one 💔. Since they don’t have it downtown any more I’ll have to wait till DS reopens. I got the chocolate chip and the peanut butter one. I know a sin to walk out with only 2 right? LOL! I had never had the cookies before so i wasn’t sure how I’d like them. I definitely liked the PB one more than the chocolate. I want to try the cookies and cream and coffee cake ones.

I wasn't sure if I would like them either, but decided to go with 6. The chocolate chip one is really good heated up.

Yes, heated up a little is so good. We got the PB, Krampus, Pistachio, and Chocolate Chip. Our favorites were the Chocolate Chip and PB.

Speaking of heated...another wonderful treat just a few doors down is The Ganachery’s in-house made-to-order s’mores ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter