Gideon's Bakehouse

We did go one morning, but be prepared to wait in line. They don't start the virtual queue until they feel the line is "long enough" so we stood in line for about 90 mins on Thursday to get the coffee cake cookie and we got there about 15 mins after they opened. The one team member we were talking to said the coffee cake usually doesn't sell out until c. 1p.m. Idk if you're flying but we flew back with some last night and TSA made us unpack the entire carry on and go through everything because of the cookies. So I would keep them in a separate bag if you need to fly with them. We just took a Lyft over to Springs it was worth the $10, I hate dealing with bus to/from springs. The buses to the parks are fine but for some reason Springs is always a nightmare for me.

Other than the hassle of having to TSA screen the cookies separately, there’s no other issues with taking them to go and onto a plane? Thinking of picking up some from East End for a friend’s birthday on the afternoon we leave to head home. Will they still be good the next day? If so, any tips on storing them overnight before consumption? Don’t want to ruin the experience/cookies. ;-) TIA!!

I really recommend eating them or freezing them that day- they really are best consumed (tried the first time) the day you bought them. THat being said, they really are the best cookies you will ever try, and we travel with multiple tupperwares so we can keep our extras as fresh as possible- then we freeze them when we get home, and take them out one at a time to enjoy :) I think they would still be good the next day for your friend! :) I find the non-chocolate cookies stay fresher longer.

Other than the hassle of having to TSA screen the cookies separately, there’s no other issues with taking them to go and onto a plane? Thinking of picking up some from East End for a friend’s birthday on the afternoon we leave to head home. Will they still be good the next day? If so, any tips on storing them overnight before consumption? Don’t want to ruin the experience/cookies. ;-) TIA!!
They keep pretty well. They recommend freezing them but if it's just one night they'll be fine in the box.

And no problems getting them on the plane other than TSA needing to unpack the entire carry on. :)

I just kept the cookies in the box and bag that I received from Gideons and carried that bag through TSA separately. No issues at all. Lots of jealous looks from fellow passengers though :) I put them in the freezer as soon as we arrived back home the next day so hopefully they'll still be good when we detox from our WDW trip last week and pull one out.

We would love to try them out next time we go. They look so delicious

We were there last week. I didn't see any information about the VQ, but the line to get in the store was longer than any line to an other store in DS. Looked to be at least an hour.

We'll have a car when we visit...I'm assuming it will be a easier for us to preorder and pick up at the East End store? It's pretty close to the airport, so that might be a good arrival or departure day treat :)

We'll have a car when we visit...I'm assuming it will be a easier for us to preorder and pick up at the East End store? It's pretty close to the airport, so that might be a good arrival or departure day treat :)

It's actually past the airport, about 20-25 minutes. That's not terribly close or convenient. Be sure to check if there is a time that your order has to be picked up. I thought there was something about not reserving availability if picked up too late. That could have changed though; I haven't checked it out in a while.

Hi has anyone been lately and how long was the virtual queue wait?
So I was there on Oct 16th at 10:45am, it was a 4.5 hour VQ wait on the weekends on signup and the staff mentioned this was normal for weekends. After 3.5 hours they called my VQ spot, so be ready for a wait on Sat/Sun. After getting in line it was a 10 minute wait to buy whatever you wanted.

They recommend Tues-Thur for less than an hour VQ wait all day.

So I was there on Oct 16th at 10:45am, it was a 4.5 hour VQ wait on the weekends on signup and the staff mentioned this was normal for weekends. After 3.5 hours they called my VQ spot, so be ready for a wait on Sat/Sun. After getting in line it was a 10 minute wait to buy whatever you wanted.

They recommend Tues-Thur for less than an hour VQ wait all day.
Thanks!

Last Wednesday we only had a about 45-minute physical line wait. Probably worth it for that, but IMO the cookies aren't good enough to wait hours for.

It's actually past the airport, about 20-25 minutes. That's not terribly close or convenient. Be sure to check if there is a time that your order has to be picked up. I thought there was something about not reserving availability if picked up too late. That could have changed though; I haven't checked it out in a while.
Good to know. I still don't think it will be much of a problem for us, since we keep our arrival/departure days clear. We arrive at 11 and our only plans are a 6pm DS dinner. Might make sense I guess to pop into DS a bit early, join the VQ, and pick up after dinner.

Thanks for the heads up!

I know everybody will think I'm nuts but I did not find them to be good at all. I wanted to try a variety so I got the mini bag as well as a couple of slices of cake (chocolate and red velvet). The cookies tasted like globs of dried cookie dough. The cake slices were okay but nothing spectacular. I really don't understand the fuss.

I know everybody will think I'm nuts but I did not find them to be good at all. I wanted to try a variety so I got the mini bag as well as a couple of slices of cake (chocolate and red velvet). The cookies tasted like globs of dried cookie dough. The cake slices were okay but nothing spectacular. I really don't understand the fuss.
Always good to get varied opinions! They look VERY sweet so DH and I might just get one to split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter