• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideon's Bakehouse (used to be cynical, not anymore...lol!)

They're not really cookies. I don't know what they are, but they're definitely a more-is-more thing. I find them gummy and overdone, definitely a FOMO experience.

Paying $6 to wait hours to buy one of these things in a room that's painted black isn't my idea of a good time. :laughing:

If you're adventuring around other parts of Orlando their second location is way less chaotic and the line is short. It's also in a super cute co-op space with other little shops and restaurants. Highly recommend their other location over the madness of Disney Springs, if you're doing other things around Orlando.

We went to their other location and it was an easy in and easy out. Preordered the night before and picked our cookies up in the morning.

And give me allllllllll the chips.

I don't mind the line as I typically have other shopping to do anyway. I love the atmosphere of the creepy little shop. I also love that the cookies stay soft and fresh for a week after purchase, so it makes it feel more worth the cost when I wat in bits and pieces over the course of a week!

This is interesting! I am very much in the camp of thinking the cookies look too ridiculous to possibly be good. lol Who wants to bite through a layer of 100 chocolate chips to get to the good part of a cookie??? But my husband is set on trying Gideon’s during our next trip. Maybe I’ll give it a try. The cakes do look amazing, I’ll give them that.
I was the same tbh. I kept thinking no cookie would be worth it. I mean, the cookie was good and quite tasty but it was the cake for me. Super moist and just delish. I will try to go again next time--well worth it. 🌟 🎂

So, I'm always on the lookout for "the" cookie and Gideons is always a stop everytime I'm at Disney. I should say that my favorite Gideons cookies are usually the specials.

Peanut Butter Cold Brew Cookie
Frankenstein & Bride of Frankenstein
PB Chocolate Swirl
Chocolate Churro Cookie
Coffee Toffee
Coffee Cake cookies.

I should also say that I'm very basic with my flavors but I've tried the Banana Bread, Cookie Vom Krampus (Mint) and the Kris Kringle (Coconut) and they were all still very good. Normally I wouldn't even try them.

Recently we tried their cakes and the peanut butter cup cake was awesome.

I will never know what is good bc the sullen woman with the iPad told me the wait time was 3 hours and 40 minutes last week. No thank you. I don't like thick cookies anyway. LOL

We are also in the cakes are better than cookies camp. We've loved all the ones we've tried (all chocolate based). Here's our ranking:
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter cup - best slice of cake we've ever had
2. Chocolate Everything
3. Cookies & Cream
4. Von Krampus

Can't wait to try the Pipistrello some time.

During our last trip down (February 2023 for Princess weekend), I decided to finally try Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs. Like some folks, I was really cynical about waiting in a long line for some large cookies. 🤣 🍪 Would it be worth it?

Well, I was SUPER excited to be really wrong about it and glad I went. But I will say, yes, I purchased cookies and they were quite tasty but it was the cake that really cemented my opinion that this is a must do place for me! I did make the mistake of arriving right at 10am (if I would have known, I would have showed up earlier) so I did wait in line for 40 mins or so? It was a nice day so not a big deal. I enjoyed the experience of being inside and I had no idea what to order (so I bought a little bit of everything).

What I really loved and found amazing was a cake slice of the Pipistrello!! OMG amazing! It was a dark chocolate cake with cinnamon buttercream (I think it's the coffee cake cookie but in cake?). It was truly heaven and the slice was huge...I ate it over 3 days. Can't wait to go back and see what else is good. I don't know if I will buy cookies again but I will try another slice of cake. 🎂💜

If you go there, what cake do you love? What do I need to try next time?
Any of the cakes with peanut butter!

Ok so I had to go look up Pipstrello

It means bat. 🤣

Thought I’d find a recipe lol!

ETA - bonus points - found out the 2 syllable word batman is 8 syllables in Italian, “L'Uomo di Pipistrello”.
ETA2 - Dun nah nun nuh nun nuh nun nuh Dun nah nun nuh nun nuh nun nuh… l’uomo di pipistrello!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
During our last trip down (February 2023 for Princess weekend), I decided to finally try Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs. Like some folks, I was really cynical about waiting in a long line for some large cookies. 🤣 🍪 Would it be worth it?

Well, I was SUPER excited to be really wrong about it and glad I went. But I will say, yes, I purchased cookies and they were quite tasty but it was the cake that really cemented my opinion that this is a must do place for me! I did make the mistake of arriving right at 10am (if I would have known, I would have showed up earlier) so I did wait in line for 40 mins or so? It was a nice day so not a big deal. I enjoyed the experience of being inside and I had no idea what to order (so I bought a little bit of everything).

What I really loved and found amazing was a cake slice of the Pipistrello!! OMG amazing! It was a dark chocolate cake with cinnamon buttercream (I think it's the coffee cake cookie but in cake?). It was truly heaven and the slice was huge...I ate it over 3 days. Can't wait to go back and see what else is good. I don't know if I will buy cookies again but I will try another slice of cake. 🎂💜

If you go there, what cake do you love? What do I need to try next time?
Finally got to try Pipistrello cake yesterday. You are not wrong my friend, absolutely delicious! We also got the peanut butter cup. Those two cakes are perfection! (We still have at least half of each for our roadtrip home tomorrow.)

I will never know what is good bc the sullen woman with the iPad told me the wait time was 3 hours and 40 minutes last week. No thank you. I don't like thick cookies anyway. LOL
When the wait time is that long, they’re on virtual queue. We just got into the habit of joining whenever we arrive at DS, doing other things we were already going to do, then head to Gideon’s later. Just a tiny bit of planning.

Finally got to try Pipistrello cake yesterday. You are not wrong my friend, absolutely delicious! We also got the peanut butter cup. Those two cakes are perfection! (We still have at least half of each for our roadtrip home tomorrow.)
Omg! No way!!!! I am literally flying home today after being there all week. I went on Tuesday but there was no pipistrello and I was SO bummed lol!! But I did try the Andes Mint Chocolate and it was amazing!!! 💖💖💜💜🌟🌟

Omg! No way!!!! I am literally flying home today after being there all week. I went on Tuesday but there was no pipistrello and I was SO bummed lol!! But I did try the Andes Mint Chocolate and it was amazing!!! 💖💖💜💜🌟🌟
Oooh…will have to try the Andes one sometime. We were only in Orlando two days so I checked the cake schedule and saw they had pipistrello and pb cup on Friday so we had to go first thing! We do have our priorities! Have a safe trip home.

Oooh…will have to try the Andes one sometime. We were only in Orlando two days so I checked the cake schedule and saw they had pipistrello and pb cup on Friday so we had to go first thing! We do have our priorities! Have a safe trip home.
Ohhh how do you check the cake schedule? Is it on the website? Thank you! 💜

Does anyone know if you're able to purchase a slice of cake to know if you like it or do you have to purchase the whole cake?

Ohhh how do you check the cake schedule? Is it on the website? Thank you! 💜
I signed up for emails from them and they email it at the start of each month. You can also find it on their Instagram. They list it at the start of each month, indicating each day of the week what the options will be. It changes every month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter