Giant Sequoias?

tzuhouse

DIS Veteran
We will be driving from LAX to Mariposa. I know that part of why we didn't put Giant Sequoia Nat'l Monument and Kings Canyon onto this trip was because we would need tire chains on the rental vehicle, which isn't allowed.

But, I'm wondering if maybe there might be a small group of Sequoias somewhere that wouldn't be too far off 99 and maybe not be in an area where the chains would be necessary? Just a few, so we could get out and see them? Or do they only grow in the areas that get snow in the winter? I know that Yosemite doesn't have a bus at this time of year that will go down to the grove they have. You can snowshoe to it, but I don't think my boys would make it. Looked like quite a distance.

Thanks in advance!
Mary

Yosemite has a grove of Sequoias 2 miles from the park entrance. However, if it looks like it's going to snow you will need those snow tires.

The only time we'll be there is on the YARTS bus and I don't think they would stop for us to get out since they are on a schedule. I was just hoping for someplace far enough from the snow that we could stop.

Thanks.
Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter