GIANT Rice Crispie Treats?

GoBlue96

Earning My Ears
Pre-pandemic, my family would always stop at Main Street Confectionary in Magic Kingdom to buy one of the giant rice crispie treats without frosting. They were made fresh and oh so delicious! I've been back to Disney World a few times since the reopening and asked about them, but none of the workers knew when/if they were coming back. Now that the re-imagined Confectionary is open, does anyone know if the giant rice crispie treats are back?
I'm headed down next week for a quick trip with my daughter and would LOVE to get one!
Thanks,
Stacey

I don't recall seeing any when we were there briefly last fall.

There were a few Mickey head treats but very few of the holiday-themed ones I love and used to buy several of to haul home.

I was somewhat disappointed by the Mars branding makeover of The Confectionery. Much of the delicious handmade candies are no more, but there are walls full of M&Ms, Skittles and other such junk. Might as well call it The Mars Store.

We did a quick walkthrough and left without buying a thing.:(

We looked last October and December on recent trips and could not find them. The Giant Mickey rice crispy treat has been a tradition for us for years, but new Confectionery does not seem to have the same items. Loved the chocolate dipped ears. The smaller individual wrapped ones are definitely not the same.

Do they even still make the krispie treats onsite anymore ? Last I heard, they were selling Selma's brand ones now, both prepackaged and in the cases (which are also just Selmas that get taken out of the packaging before being put in the cases).

Goofy’s is doing custom ones again, just recently, and has the pre-made, non-packaged ones. Some are seasonal. Goofy’s doesn’t use M&Ms anymore; only Main Street Confectionery has them. Confectionery also has pre-made, non-packaged ones. They might have seasonal ones. I think Big Top has stuff again too. Some of the hotel bakeries/general stores/markets/QS also have the pre-made, non-packaged ones.

I don't like Main Street Confectionary at all any more, but it's probably for the best.

Years ago I invested on one of those silicone Mickey molds. I'm pretty sure it wasn't labelled as a Rice Krispy Treat mold and may be intended for cakes, but I use it for Rice Krispy Treats. It's super easy. At first I sprayed it well with cooking spray before putting the mixture in, but I've found that's not really necessary; it doesn't stick if you allow it to cool before removing the treat. Every year for Christmas I make a whole stack of these for gifts; they're great for situations where you didn't expect a gift but someone springs one on you and you feel like you should reciprocate. I decorate them with green and/or red sugar or other holiday sprinkles, wrap them in plastic and put a Christmas bow on one of the ears and they are super cute. You'd never guess they probably cost less than a dollar apiece to make. I can't buy them at the parks any more!

Thanks for the thread, I was just wondering the same thing!
I'm going to WDW soon, if someone doesn't come in and confirm where to get them (recently), I'll be sure to update

Are people talking about the size used for the custom treats at Goofy's or the big cake size ones at Goofy's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter