• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Giant Eagle pick 5 for $19.99 - yay or nay?

teller80

DIS Veteran
Giant Eagle has this promotion in the meat department where you can pick five items (in a special area) and pay $19.99. Has anybody figured out if it's a good deal or not? I glanced at the items and it seemed like you could come out slightly ahead, but maybe I'm missing a good deal?

Someone posted on a Giant Eagle board I read that their husband is a butcher and it was not a very good deal. You could do just as well or better piecing it together on your own. Another poster said that they felt the meat was inferior and didn't care for the appearance or aroma of the meats she picked.

Giant Eagle has this promotion in the meat department where you can pick five items (in a special area) and pay $19.99. Has anybody figured out if it's a good deal or not? I glanced at the items and it seemed like you could come out slightly ahead, but maybe I'm missing a good deal?

Not Giant Eagle, but Acme markets in my area sometimes have a 4 for $19.99 deal on selected meat items. It's an OK deal, but nothing too special. Yes, you could come out slightly ahead. But I find that almost every one of the select items is priced lower individually at scattered times, but not all at the same time. If you need all 4 (or 5) at once, it makes sense. If you can wait for individual items to go on sale, that might be the better choice.

SaveALot has similar. The packaged meats tend to smaller cuts so I need 2 roasts or 2 packages of chicken breasts. The only time we have come out ahead is on the prepared meats (nuggets, sausage patties and mini pizzas). Now that we don't really purchase those items except for special occasion...not worth my pennies.

I don't know what's going on but for some reason lately the "discount" grocery stores prices are the same or higher than the Kroger and Publix. We also have an issue with green lunch meat. :crazy2:

Nope, your not missing out.

No offense to Giant Eagle butchers, but if your in Lake country near lake erie there are so many great, butchers with better cuts of meat that aren't chains.

I'm passing up giant eagle deal, but go Disney gift cards gas perk deal :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter