Ghiridelli or Beaches and Cream?

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to either, so I wanted educated Dis opinions...:goodvibes

Which is the more "must do" for dessert?:confused3

Also, are there any really special (for a celebration) desserts at either that you would reccomend?

Thank you!:hug:

I have been to both and I prefer Ghirardelli for ice cream. Especially if you are a chocolate-lover--Ghirardelli makes their own fudge and it is sooooo good!

Both have a giant 4+ person sundae--B&C is called the Kitchen Sink, Ghir's is called the Earthquake. Ghirarelli has a Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae that is similar to B&C's No Way Jose. If you love dark chocolate, Ghirarelli has a few special dark sundaes--there is a Midnight Seduction and something with Espresso ice cream as well.

I have been to both and I prefer Ghirardelli for ice cream. Especially if you are a chocolate-lover--Ghirardelli makes their own fudge and it is sooooo good!

Both have a giant 4+ person sundae--B&C is called the Kitchen Sink, Ghir's is called the Earthquake. Ghirarelli has a Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae that is similar to B&C's No Way Jose. If you love dark chocolate, Ghirarelli has a few special dark sundaes--there is a Midnight Seduction and something with Espresso ice cream as well.

ITA! Of those two, I would pick Ghirardelli as well. That hot fudge sauce is excellent.

Having been to neither, it seems to me that Ghiradelli (sp?) is the obvious choice. That's what "they do." Their entire business is founded on chocolate and desserts.

hhmm...we were going to B&C for a few kitchen sinks.....18 of us, but hearing those discriptions of Ghiradellis sounds very tempting....:goodvibes

hhmm...we were going to B&C for a few kitchen sinks.....18 of us, but hearing those discriptions of Ghiradellis sounds very tempting....:goodvibes

Get Earthquakes from Ghirardelli--it's 8 scoops, toppings, etc., just like the Kitchen Sink but without all the cake and cookies.

They are each unique and we love them both!

Ghiradelli is a chocolatier so if you are a chocoholic you have to go there and enjoy some of that smooth yumminess. It is also a convenient stop if you are at Downtown Disney.

Beaches and Cream has more "atmosphere" (in my opinion). Reminds of an old fashioned ice cream parlor and we love to split a lunch and then dig into ice cream!

I prefer Ghiradelli....less of a wait too.B&C is nice if it doesn't have an hour wait( traditional mealtimes and after Illuminations it is PACKED) and you are already in the vicinity.Not worth trekking all over to get there though.

Are you going for JUST ice cream/dessert?

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

MY preference is Beaches and Cream. But we usually have a meal and ice cream.

That is like asking Haagen Daz or Breyers! You can't go wrong with either but if it were me, I would go for the San Francisco Treat - ghiradelli!! Also, Beaches and Cream doesn't take reservations so you may have a wait, the other you walk up and order but may have a hard time finding a table.
I guess it come down to location and what else you are going to do while you are there. I second or are we up to fourth the motion to go both!

We're planning to do both AND hit Goofy's candy shop during our trip!!!!
Is that wrong? :rotfl:

I think I'd better diet now - because I think we're going to have to hit Ghiradelli one day. We're staying at POR so it's a nice boat ride to DTD.

You guys are all great, and I think economy of time is going to play a factor!

...But I have taken my daughter out of school to take her to the Chocolate Show in New York, :rotfl: so Ghiridelli is sounding like "the move" if I can find time to get to Downtown Disney!

At very worst I'll be relegated to Main Street USA for some basic stuff....(Not to shabby at that!)

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter