GG for October 2008

Boy it hurt canceling my Halloween ressies. Oh well there will be other times.

Tungpo1 was looking forward to meeting you.

I think its time to put some meet and greet times and dates together. It seems like there are many of us going around the same time.
Are we still on for the 26? I know I have to take my girls to DDT for BBB but we should be back by 2. They will need to ready themselves for the party ya know. Are we still on for Halloween meet and greet? How about the others leaving just before, do you want to set any dates, meet at the Outpost at the movie?

Time for planning.....
:banana: :banana: :yay: :yay:

I'll arrive on the 18th and will be there until early on the 28th. I think it would be great to meet as many of you as I can. I know I don't post much (kind of a quiet person), but I've been lurking every day for a couple of years now and think you guys are a riot. The 26th would be great for a gathering by my schedule (or any day before the 28th). My reservation is split with 7 nights preferred and then 3 nights premium - thats the only way I could get all the nights I wanted - Saturday the 25th was a real pain to get! Look for my PUP, GC (Disney rental) and DIS Sign and feel free to stop by - I'll be looking for any of you I can spot too.

Gonzo

I think its time to put some meet and greet times and dates together. It seems like there are many of us going around the same time.
Are we still on for the 26? I know I have to take my girls to DDT for BBB but we should be back by 2. They will need to ready themselves for the party ya know. Are we still on for Halloween meet and greet? How about the others leaving just before, do you want to set any dates, meet at the Outpost at the movie?

Time for planning.....
:banana: :banana: :yay: :yay:[/QUOTE]

I am so excited! I have been busy and it just dawined on me that IT'S OCTOBER! The 26th is still good for us! Like 3:00?pirate: Sonya's idea for the GPS sounds great!

I think that is great. I know there are several theat mentioned that they are going to MNSSHP that night too. What time can we get into the Park? I have heard of the GPS game thing but how does it work? I have a Garmin and I don't know how I lived without it. Can we do a cut and paste add your name so we have an idea of who wants to meet on OCT 26 between 2 and 3. But really if that is too late, I can catch up at the tail end after DTD. Where should we meet? I guess it would depend on how this GPS thing works.
Loretta:hippie:

I think that is great. I know there are several theat mentioned that they are going to MNSSHP that night too. What time can we get into the Park? I have heard of the GPS game thing but how does it work? I have a Garmin and I don't know how I lived without it. Can we do a cut and paste add your name so we have an idea of who wants to meet on OCT 26 between 2 and 3. But really if that is too late, I can catch up at the tail end after DTD. Where should we meet? I guess it would depend on how this GPS thing works.
Loretta:hippie:

Do a google search for geocaching . I would do this around the house if I had a portable GPS. It sounds like a lot of fun. I would like to say that you can find alot of things around Disney property ( although I haven't looked it up yet).

Do a google search for geocaching . I would do this around the house if I had a portable GPS. It sounds like a lot of fun. I would like to say that you can find alot of things around Disney property ( although I haven't looked it up yet).
I've often wondered if there was cache hidden at FW...and if so how often it's picked up by Disney CM's. Maybe somewhere off the old swamp trail? I'll have to take a look on the website...

We have an early morning ressie at Ohana and then we are debating going to MNSSHP that evening....but we are open all day anytime 10-4. We'll be back at the fort during those times. Seabee (along with family and friends) plan to visit too, so it'll be a fun afternoon!

I arrive on the 26th and leave on Nov 1st. Anyone planning anything on those dates besides Halloween night (are we still getting together that night at the Fort?)

Soni,

We are on for Halloween night after trick or treating! I think you and your boys will really enjoy the Fort! :thumbsup2

We are also getting together for a meet and greet on the 26th sometime in the early afternoon. We want to do a quick gps treasure hunt for the kiddos. Maybe OkGrumpy or someone else will let us hide a "treasure chest" on their site for the kiddos to find! Time for the 26th is TBD.

We'll be around the fort most of that day on the 26th from late morning to early evening. Looking forward to meeting you and your boys.

Welcome TwingleMum!
Stop by and say hello! We'll have our Green Mickey head sign on our Mickey lamp post.

Thanks Sonya~ We are going to MNSSHP 10/30 and I plan to be at the Fort Halloween Night. It would be great to meet some fellow Dis'ers. This is a surprize trip My boys have no idea :woohoo:

Thanks Sonya~ We are going to MNSSHP 10/30 and I plan to be at the Fort Halloween Night. It would be great to meet some fellow Dis'ers. This is a surprize trip My boys have no idea :woohoo:

Hey I'm doing the same thing! We are going to MNSSHP on the 30th and then the Fort Halloween night. How old are your boys?

So who all is going to be at the Fort Halloween night? Are we meeting at Sonya's? I'm so excited!

Soni, we're still on for Halloween night! :thumbsup2 The crowd is growing...should be a great GG!

Not sure what loop we'll be in because of all of the construction. I'll pm you my cell number so you can find us!

Soni, we're still on for Halloween night! :thumbsup2 The crowd is growing...should be a great GG!

Not sure what loop we'll be in because of all of the construction. I'll pm you my cell number so you can find us!

:woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

I'll bring the drunken hotdogs, for the adults only. How about some smores for the kids too. I still have so much to do to get ready. I can make a run to the store. I love the idea of geting together on the 31, but that means we only have 1 day left of our trip. Still loking forward to it and meeting up with y'all.
Loretta

For all of you comeing down in the next couple of weeks, the parks seem a lot more crowded thatn normal..Not "packed" by any means but, more people than the last couple of years at this time. As an example, yesterday we went to Hollywood studios at around 11:30 am to et Toy Story Fast Passes,,,,They were already sold out. Then we went right over to EPCOT to do the same thing for Soarin'..Our return time was 7:30-8:30 PM. I only point this out because, If you want fast passes for these rides you will need to get there really early. After 11:00pm Extra Magik at the Studios, Toy Story was still an 80 Min Wait. The ret of the rides aren't so bad but, we didn't go to the Mountains etc. Still way better than Summer Crowds...I posted this on this thread because some might not check the others..

Not sure if this works everytime...but here is a trick for Toy Storia Mania.

We went one morning to HS for extra magic hour. We walked in the gate about 8:10 and went straight to TSM. We waited in line for about 35-40 minutes (not that great, huh?). Well when we exited the ride it was a few minutes before 9am and the gates where about to open to everyone. There was no one in line for TSM! We rode it again and only waited about 7-8 minutes tops. :thumbsup2 (of course when we exited for the second time...the line was outside and around the building! :eek: )

I'll bring the drunken hotdogs, for the adults only. How about some smores for the kids too. I still have so much to do to get ready. I can make a run to the store. I love the idea of geting together on the 31, but that means we only have 1 day left of our trip. Still loking forward to it and meeting up with y'all.
Loretta

Can I bring the Smores to save you a trip??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter