GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

Your trip report was wonderful to read...it made me want to go to Disney right now!!! You definately have the best trip report I've read on here! :thumbsup2

everyone thanks so much for your so sweet comments! It means a lot that everyone liked my TR! I promise I am working on my wedding weekend TR, but a friend had a crisis today and then well, the superbowl comes on soon! stay tuned!:happytv:

I loved your trip report Heather! I am new to the board and I just had to read all of your posts. I loved your pics too. Thank you so much for sharing!

WEDDING WEEKEND-THURSDAY (preview)

Bobby and I had come in town on Wednesday afternoon, and my 4runner was loaded down. We had wedding stuff and honeymoon stuff, and I must have checked the house 50 times to make sure we had everything. Oh yeah, and we couldn’t forget the dog and all her stuff! Wed. we went to Southern Oaks (reception place)to drop off my toasting flutes, bridal portrait, etc. etc. and go over last minute details. We went back home and went out to eat with my parents as a “calm before the storm” dinner. We watched a movie and went to bed. Thursday was then the madness started. We decided to print our own very pretty very intricate programs…well this took most of the day, just to print, we had not even begun to assemble them yet.
My sweeet mom called all the vendors for me to double check times, etc. my bridesmaids were coming in town today and so we were also cleaning, getting extra blankets, etc. I had 8 bridesmaids, and 4 were coming to stay with me (my sis and cousin lived close by, bobbys sister couldn’t come in till Friday night, and one of my girls lives nearby as well. Two of the girls were bringing their boyfriends along as well, so ther were going to be 10 people sleeping in my hosue with only 3 beds. (my sister took hers when she got married)after they were to get here we were going to my sisters for my lingerie party. this was going to be madness….

***Thursday is really long so I thought I would give a preview to entice you to keep reading as I prepare the next installment. I’m evil I know***:rolleyes1

Bobby?? Is that Sickly? Wow.. ive always wondered what his real name was but never had asked.

Sounds like you all got the ball rolling. How was the lingerie party?

Cant wait for more..

oooh I am so excited to read about your wedding weekend :goodvibes It already sounds like it's going to be so much fun popcorn::

***I have decided to do the wedding weekend in short installments b/c I honestly don’t have huge chunks of time to sit and do a whole day at a time. Esp. for a wedding b/c SO much went on! This way I can do a little at a time and hopefully have some up every day!***:goodvibes

My friend Elizabeth who was singing in the wedding arrived at 2, b/c we had to drive across town for her to practice with the pianist, who was the pianist at my sister’s wedding and did great. Also, she was to meet with the male solist we had hired and have never met. One of bobby’s good guy friends was supposed to sing, but ended up not being able to, so we took the pianist word for it, crossed our fingers and hired a high schooler we had never met.
Soon after Elizabeth arrived, we left. We wanted to be back before the other girls /boys got to my parents house. The weather was starting to get bad. Very cloudy and windy. It started raining on our way. Great. Just great. :sad2: We found the room we were to meet in and the pianist was very nice. They went ahead and practiced elizabeths solo “how beautiful” which she is singing as the mothers and grandmothers came in. if you have never heard that song….you really should, its absolutely beautiful! My mom and I started to tear up as she sang. :sad1:
Soon after, the boy arrived his name was adam. He was very polite, and told us one of the songs he practiced a lot and the other he still needed work on. Uh oh. The wedding was Saturday, and its Thursday afternoon. I was a little worried. Elizabeth is very vocally trained and very good, and this was their first time singing together, so I was very very nervous now! They sang the first song (household of faith) alright, it needed a little work but it was not bad. You could tell adam was “new” to singing and had not quite tamed his voice yet. The last song is my favorite. About a year ago I heard it on the radio and they never said who sung it and I flipped out and went on a 3 month long search for it and finally found out who sang it. It is called “when God made you” by newsong. If you haven’t heard this…oh my gosh….I cry every time. At least go find the lyrics and listen to them. They began to saing and well…it was ….bad. Elizabeth was doing good but trying to sing with him and he was all off on the words and the notes and I was about to die! What were we going to do! I started to sweat. This was my favorite song, and I wanted It to be perfect….this kid has known about this for 2 months at least! Bah!! :mad:
After it was over, they went over a couple parts again, and it was a LITTLE better. Adam assured us t would be better, he had a vocal lesson that night and he would practice hard. Ya. He better. We were paying him for this. So we left and headed back home, me a little annoyed and feeling bad for Elizabeth for having to deal with this! I got a text from bridesmaid Rachel and her bf coming from Memphis saying they would be there in 30 min. so we hurried home to wait.
It rained the whole way home. Yuck I had instructed bobby to finish printing the rest of the programs, b/c we were going to assemble them tonight with everyone helping. Rachel and her BF bryan soon arrived and we got them settled in and decided to start on the programs. We sat at the dining room table and I made one to show everyone how its done. We worked for about 30 mintues before the others began to arrive….

Coming up next: the arrival of everyone else, and the lingerie party:woohoo:

How funny!! I just watched Diane and Andrew's wedding video last night and that Newsong song was their first dance and I loved it so much we are thinking about using it for ours too! It's a GREAT SONG!!!

Oh yes I totally agree...that is the PERFECT weddig song!!!! :) At what point did you have them sing it?

:goodvibes thanks everyone! elizabeth sang "how beautiful" at the entrance of mothers and grandmothers, they sang "household of faith" by steve green when my dad was hugging me/we were getting up onto the stage and getting situationed etc. and they sang "when God Made You" when we lit the unity candle, signed the marriage liscense on stage, and we did a presentation to the mothers. we went down off the stage and presented my mom and his mom with a rose, so that took up a lot of thime from the song, by time we got back up on stage they were at the bridge.

I must admit I had never heard of that song until I watched Diane and Andrew's movie that Stan did. But it truely is a very beautiful song-- if only I had heard it before our wedding. I cried the entire time the song was on in while watching Diane's video... such a persfect song:cloud9: .

Oh no, I hope the piano player got better :sad2: I could only imagine your frustration and nerves at that point!

thanks for staying with me guys! oh, and it wasnt the pianist, she was awesome, it was the high school male vocalist i hired. i will try to squeeze in the next installement during study breaks tomorrow!:surfweb:

ok, i PROMISE I am working on my installment, but I am about to eat and then watch GREY'S ANATOMY! so after that we shall see!

wow! Grey's anatomy was so good! my heart is pumping so fast! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN! ok anyway...here is teh rest of thursday...

As we were working on programs, bridesmaid katey and her bf arrived, and bridesmaids lindy and Lauren. Their bf’s were meeting up with us the next day due to work issues and such. Then bridesmaid Christy and my friend Rachael (a diff one) arrive from her house a few minutes away. We finished the programs and ate dinner that my mom so graciously cooked for us. It was fun to sit around the dining room table and just hand out. About that time bridesmaid cousin wendy arrived. (***side note time*** cousin wendy is 40, but acts 20. she is the life of the party, a millionaire, and everyone loves her. She has about 500 pairs of shoes and the most beautiful house you ever saw. She is very generous and hilarious! She was supposed to host my party at the mansion but while she was hosting Christmas, she went to get some gravy out of the microwave and it spilled all down her left hand and arm. She had to go to the ER and had bad 2nd degree burns all on her arm and hand. So to sa all that, she was in pain and her arm immobile and she didn’t have the time/energy to host, so we had it at my sisters)
ANYWAY, we all piled into 3 cars and headed for my sisters house (also named Christy) I know all very confusing. It was pouring rain and very hard to see. We finally get there are she had everything decorated so cute! And wendy had gotten us all boas that matched the bridesmaids dress color. We decided to bring them to the wedding and bust them out while dancing for fun.
100_2213.jpg

everyone. we tried to do the camera timer...didnt work to well!

100_2216.jpg

cute little food table

100_2226.jpg

my sister, me, wendy

We ate some snacks and talked and just had a good time. Then we played a couple of fun games. One game was “do you know your groom” she had asked bobby a bunch of questions ahead of time and everyone had to guess/write the answers down to see who knew him best…well, bobby doesn’t even know himself! He answered some of the questions WRONG f that is even POSSIBLE! For instance: how often do you get a haircut. He gets one every month. He told my sister every TWO months! BAH! Everyone made fun of me for getting answers wrong. Oh well. It was a ton of fun to hang out and have fun before the wedding. I got a ton of great lingerie! My girls are awesome! I was very excited about it. We didn’t have a lot of planned activities but just hung out. Sorry girls no stripper, nothing to raunchy. Not my style!
So we go to leave and the weather is BAD. There are tornado alerts, and it is monsooning. She we manage to get all the gifts into the car and leave but not before we all look like we had taken showers! We were SOAKED! We went back to my house, where we had left all the boys with my dad and wendy’s husband. They probably corrupted the poor boys. My dad is one of those crazy funny sarcastic people everyone likes. Hes awesome. We said goodbye to those not sleeping over, took showers, and just hung out some more. Then I decided to turn in, I needed my beauty sleep! Tomorrow was a big and busy day!

Heather, it looks like you all had so much fun :goodvibes I love the boas! I know what you mean, strippers and things like that are totally not my style either. I have told my girls and every woman in my family for that matter, that I do not want anything like that. My best friend told me yesterday that they need to know a weekend I am totally free in May or June, and of course she wouldn't tell me what was going on, all she said was "you're going to kill us". So, I am super-nervous!

Loving your wedding weekend :)

Love the baos!! You all look like you had so much fun-- the balloons crack me up (ill have to remember that for future decorating). Hope you slept well and the rain didnt keep you awake!! Cant wait to hear about the big day!

How fun! I loved the boas too :)

Maggie, I don't get what was funny about the balloons :confused3
I'm in my usual Friday afternoon teacher stupor so it's probably just me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter