GF concierge opinions please

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
have booked a lagoon view but am considering concierge. I would welcome opinions of pros and cons of Sugar Loaf vs Main Building concierge. Thanks!

We are going to GF-Concierge Sugar Loaf in late January. I can't give an opinion based on experience just research. We choose Sugar Loaf because we are traveling with 1 year old DS, and 4 year old DD. We need the quiet down time we hope to get in Sugar Loaf, and the main building is reported have more noise (from bands, activity etc). Also they crash around 7:00, so the late night spread at RPC would be wasted on us.

We have been in contact with the concierge staff and they have been wonderful, especially Jeremy. He assured us that the Sugar Loaf concierge snacks were prepared by GF chefs, and were excellent. From research, RPC spread is larger and more varied than SL

All of this aside, if by some magic pixie dust miracle we were offered an upgrade to RPC, we wouldn't turn it down.

Hope you have a great trip.

Keep the lagoon view room is my opinion. Here are my views of GF Concierge.

Main Building (Royal Palm Club): Great if you have money to burn. If you are on a budget, stick with the lagoon view.

Nice if you have anyone with walking difficulties since the monorail stops at the main building.

Buffet is good. Great desserts, but worth the extra money???

There are cast members to help you, but here's a tip. MOST of the cast members at the front desk can help you with everything the concierge can help you with. Difference? You get to sit down while you talk to the CMs in concierge. Go to the front desk in the evening when it's not so busy and the CMs will have plenty of time to answer your questions and will probably be happy for the company.

Sugar Loaf: Same size room as your lagoon view room. Not as much food as RPC. Sugar Loaf is never worth it in my opinion, but many people do like it. No offense to anyone out there. The plus is that the building is only accessible by concierge guests.

That's the best info I can give. Let me know if you need anything else. I know the GF inside and out!

I have stayed at the GF Royal Palm Club twice and have loved it both times. The most recent, this past August, was just great. Our room was probably 50 steps, literally from the concierge lounge. Food was brought out 5 different times of the day starting at 6:00 AM. I never had any problem with it being too "noisy". While a band does play nightly, I never considered this to be noise and I couldn't hear it from inside my room (4422). The view from my oversized balcony was of the wedding chapel and the poly. Actually I could see all the way over to Epcot, but just on the horizon. We also could watch the nightly fireworks from inside the lounge or down on the beach, and I could view the Water pageant from our balcony. The food was always plentiful and and impressive, and everyone was friendly and helpful.
All of that being said, it was very expensive, but in my opinion, worth the splurge.

Eeyorekjs7, I am booked into a deluxe concierge room at the GF RPC. Can you give me any insite as to what makes the room a "deluxe" and if it is worth the extra $$$. I have seen photos of the room and it seems bigger, is the bathroom any different?? Thanks, Tony

I stayed on lodge concierge a few years ago, and wouldn't do it again. The CM's were rude, and there were so many problems that I get a headache thinking about it.

I'll stay at the GF again, but not in concierge.

I've had wonderful concierge experiences at the Poly, AKL and BWI.

Anne

The concierge deluxe rooms, at least in the main lodge, are quite a bit bigger; something like 300 square feet bigger. But, it only costs something like $80.00 to stay there as opposed to a regular congierge room. And thats over a seven day stay. I plan to stay there in July 03 but I cant get a deluxe yet. None have become available yet.

Tonyspad-

I don't remember the bathrooms being any different, but the rooms I believe are bigger and can be strangely shaped which adds on some space. It's hard to say whether you would feel they are worth the extra money. If I remember correctly most (maybe all) are close to the lobby. If the music is a problem, then you may want to reconsider. I don't remember if the turret rooms are included in this category. How many in your party? If a king is okay I highly recommend the turret rooms. Especially those that face both the MK and Epcot. Enjoy your stay!

There are 4 in our party, I would prefer being close to the lobby. The music is not a problem, I just hope that when the discounts come out for May that this room class is included .Disney is not shy about how much they charge in the main building, ouch!

Originally posted by Mickymark
The concierge deluxe rooms, at least in the main lodge, are quite a bit bigger; something like 300 square feet bigger. But, it only costs something like $80.00 to stay there as opposed to a regular congierge room. And thats over a seven day stay. I plan to stay there in July 03 but I cant get a deluxe yet. None have become available yet.

The problem with getting a deluxe concierge room is that there are only 8 of them, and they book quickly. They're only $15 a night more than the regular concierge MB rooms, but have about twice as much space .. they're definitely worth the money! In some of them, the sink/vanity area is a bit larger than standard rooms .. some have soaking tubs, and a little more space in the shower/toilet room.

We've stayed in D.C. rooms many times, and we've never had a problem with 'noise' from the lobby. Mickeymark, I see you had *my* favorite room - 4422! Love that location! :)

I'll have a new 'review' of the Grand right after we return from our Christmas trip from the 19th - 24th (just a short one) Right now, we're booked in Sugar Loaf, lodge tower room .. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get into RPC!
:p

Hi Judi!

I just got back from the GF--wish I was going back on 12/19! LOL :)

How did you book a Lodge Tower in Sugar Loaf? Is it possible to do this ahead of time or have you just requested it through concierge? Thanks! :)

Originally posted by Misti
Hi Judi!

I just got back from the GF--wish I was going back on 12/19! LOL :)

How did you book a Lodge Tower in Sugar Loaf? Is it possible to do this ahead of time or have you just requested it through concierge? Thanks! :)

Hi Misti!

Well ... I requested it, so I guess I should've phrased it differently! LOL Although I have to say ::knockonwood:: that I've pretty much always had my requests fulfilled there, so I'm hoping I will this time too :)

Awatt,

We have stayed in both Sugar Loaf and RPC. There was no difference in room sizes, the CM's were just as helpful and the food offerings were pretty much the same. That being said, the main differences I think are in the lobby set up (much more spread out and a lot more seating in the main building) and the views. The concierge lounge overlooks the lobby and has beautiful large windows that give a panoramic view of the grounds. In the lodge, the lounge is situated on the first floor with limited seating, no late night offerings and no view. You'll get a marina view at the lodge, but it's very difficult to see any part of the castle and because of how the building is situated on the property, there are only a few rooms that would have unobstructed fireworks viewing. Our room in the main building had a perfect view of the castle. I preferred staying inside the main building, the ambience was just grand. The evening cordials and pastries were looked forward to every night as was listening to the band play on the floor below us. Because we've made so many trips to Disney, we now tend to spend much more time at the resort. That has made staying in concierge worth it for us. I think that's also important to consider before spending the additional monies.

Have fun in your planning.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter