GF and how they took care of us

JayBaileys

Earning My Ears
I posted a review in trip reports. But just wanted to say we had a long first day (Sat.) and pulled out the sofa bed and the sheets had crumbs all throughout. Not happy for sure, but they did come and change them. They also serviced the room Sun, Mon, and Tues and we are DVC members. Never expected that, but it was a nice touch. They also credited us some $ off our room bill. This is our second time at GF and we loved our first stay so much we bought 100 points resale a few months ago. This just cements for me we made a great decision. Wanted to give GF a shoutout too, they exceeded our expectations for sure.

That's great. We had something similar happen at the Poly and they did nothing. Glad VGF is our home resort. I thought Disney was trying to do something about all of the complaints regarding the mouse keeping issues but apparently not. Last stay we had, we'd see a lot of workers present but always on their phones and hardly ever working.

I had an issue at polly over labor day. Checked into a studio that reeked of cigarettes. Went out to the balcony and low and behold a water bottle filled with butts. I immediately called front desk. They fixed the issue and that was it. I contacted member services when we arrived home and they sent me a gift card for $150

Well they do get bashed a bunch so I thought we should point out where they really did go above and beyond. It may never happen again, but having my cousin's family with us and them never been to Disney it was a good trip. Their girls are 4 and 6 and I think we showed them a great time.

That's the same issue we had at OKW, crumbs and a lot of them, in the sofa bed. They also remedied the issue for us and since then, I strip the sofa beds each and every time we use them. Not folding it back up with dirty linens for the next person to deal with.

I didn't get comped anything, didn't ask, nor did they volunteer but since they took care of the issue, I was happy!

As others have said, it's good to see a review where even though there was an issue, you gave credit to those who fixed the issue. As we all know things are going to happen, both at Disney and in life, though it's how the problem is handled that matters. GF is a fantastic resort!

Not folding it back up with dirty linens for the next person to deal with.

For the last couple years I’ve asked the housekeepers, and they have all
said that policy is to open and change a closed up sofa bed then close it.

So it’s weird that the OP’s situation happened, imo. But makes sense that they compensated, since it’s against their policy.

So it’s weird that the OP’s situation happened, imo. But makes sense that they compensated, since it’s against their policy.

We've run into it twice and that's with rarely using the pull outs. Oh wait - I forgot about the Murphy bed I had at VGF. The BO was horribly obvious even before looking at the sheets. :crazy2:

So personal experience says that while they might have that policy it's rarely followed as I'd say it's more than 50% of our usage that we find the sheets have not been changed. It makes me hate to even consider having to use the pull outs.

We've run into it twice and that's with rarely using the pull outs. Oh wait - I forgot about the Murphy bed I had at VGF. The BO was horribly obvious even before looking at the sheets. :crazy2:

So personal experience says that while they might have that policy it's rarely followed as I'd say it's more than 50% of our usage that we find the sheets have not been changed. It makes me hate to even consider having to use the pull outs.

I agree that many things are policy but there is a human element and it’s not going to be 100%. Striping the sheets helps to make sure that policy is followed.

It happened to us once. A smorgasbord of assorted crumbs and candies in the sofa bed already loaded with the sheets. So, I always look once I get into the Villa, and strip it before I depart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter