• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geyser Point?

I'm not sure if policies have changed yet again or I am getting wrong information, but I just got off the phone with two different people at Wilderness Lodge, and they both told me that according to policy, you can sit in the Lounge area, and order from either menu and use Quick Service credits. She said the difference between the two menus that you see on the Disney website ("Lounge" and "Lunch and Dinner") is that the Lounge menu is served longer, until midnight. The other menu stops at 10 pm. I asked her in different ways, mentioning the walk-up counter, and she said she double checked the policy and that you can sit at the tables there and use quick service credits, including ordering your drink from the lounge menu and everything. I have never eaten here before, but we will be down there in about 25 days, and it is our plan for our resort day to eat lunch here. So then, I can test it out and see what the deal is!

I'm not sure if policies have changed yet again or I am getting wrong information, but I just got off the phone with two different people at Wilderness Lodge, and they both told me that according to policy, you can sit in the Lounge area, and order from either menu and use Quick Service credits. She said the difference between the two menus that you see on the Disney website ("Lounge" and "Lunch and Dinner") is that the Lounge menu is served longer, until midnight. The other menu stops at 10 pm. I asked her in different ways, mentioning the walk-up counter, and she said she double checked the policy and that you can sit at the tables there and use quick service credits, including ordering your drink from the lounge menu and everything. I have never eaten here before, but we will be down there in about 25 days, and it is our plan for our resort day to eat lunch here. So then, I can test it out and see what the deal is!
keep us updated! I had no idea that you could not sit down and order food and drinks and use your QS credits. We were planning on doing this for one of our meals for our upcoming trip, but if we cannot use our credits and have a place to sit down then no reason to go.

Thanks for the update and please let us know what happens!

We plan on using a QS lunch credit there in December when we stay at WL, and I know DH will be grumpy if we order food and have to trek far to a table in another area of the resort to eat it at. Seems strange they’d offer a QS take out window without a place for QS customers to sit down!

Numerous WL stays and visits to Geyser Point here. Tables at GP have required check-in with the front podium almost since the place opened. They're in high demand and not many of them. I've never been seated immediately and always had a wait of at least 5-20 minutes even during slow times (including my last visit in January). Whenever we've ordered from the QS window, we've always taken it back to the room or used the tables for Roarin Forks. No idea if you could order QS and then request a table - but given the typical wait, it probably wouldn't be worth it. As I recall, when we've been seated under the pavilion we've been told that we could order off the QS menu and not just the Lounge menu, and were asked if we were using the dining plan. Agree with other comments that the service is usually good but slow.

One additional note - even if WL policy says that QS patrons can use the tables under the pavilion, the GP staff polices the area and I've seen them tell people who wander in and try to sit down that they must check in first. The staff services those tables and makes money off the tips - so I suspect that they're not too keen on having tables where that's not happening.

Thanks so much, super helpful and clear! Matches up with what the cast members were telling me today and some other blogger reviews I've read. So that makes me feel good! We look forward to checking it out at the end of the month. Hopefully getting there early, we can get a table easily, fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter