Geyser Point question

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So want to try Geyser Point. We are leaving Disney on a Friday afternoon and currently have a reservation at Terralina at Disney Spring but really want to try Geyser. However Geyser doesn’t take reservations as I understand. So my choice is cancel reservation and try getting into Geyser and possibly end up waiting long time or not getting a seat. Any suggestions welcome

GP is all outdoor and the actual tables with seating require you buy food, or at least they did our last trip. You can sit at the bar or sit in the area outside GP after you order if just drinking. Go outside traditional mealtimes and you may snag a table if eating. We love this joint.

We go to Geyser Point just about every trip. I’ve only had to wait for a table once, and it was only ten minutes or so. We love it there - highly recommend!

GP is all outdoor and the actual tables with seating require you buy food, or at least they did our last trip. You can sit at the bar or sit in the area outside GP after you order if just drinking. Go outside traditional mealtimes and you may snag a table if eating. We love this joint.
Thanks would be probably about 1:30 and definitely to eat

We go to Geyser Point just about every trip. I’ve only had to wait for a table once, and it was only ten minutes or so. We love it there - highly recommend!
I have heard such great things and think it’s probably better than going to Disney Springs for lunch we will have been to the springs twice already by that point

On the app you can see the wait time at any point and join the walk up list online if needed. My last visit there was a 55 minute wait but I was seated in 40. While you wait you can enjoy the grounds.

Since GP doesn't take ADR's, is there a problem getting to the resort (driving)?

Geyser Point can get really busy in the evenings, but during the day you should be able to get a table with little to no wait. At least that has been our experience. You'll love it. The food is really good and the view of the lake is just lovely.

I do want to mention something, though. If you are driving to WL, there is no guarantee the guard will let you in. It seems to be hit or miss at all of the resorts lately as to getting in without a hotel reservation or an ADR. However, If you're using Disney transportation you shouldn't have a problem. The boat ride from MK is lovely and quick, so that's always an option.

Edited: @OKW Lover and I must have posted at the same time!

Yep, daytime should be a breeze while people are at parks. Two nights last week though, there was a 1.5 to 2 hour wait in the evening around 6:30. We ended up mobile ordering GP food and eating by the pool/stream area.

As someone that goes to Geyser point often (and will continue to do so as time permits), i would not cancel a reservation to go at this time. Wait time is too unpredictable and food is not great (not sure why). Having said that, the ambiance/view is great when it's breezy and noseeums are not on the hunt.

We enjoy Geyser Point a lot for the ambience. The food is okay, not great, but we enjoy noshing a bit and enjoying an adult beverage with the lovely view. We have found it to be busier in the evenings, perhaps not surprisingly, and we’ve sat at the bar on several occasions (quite pleasant) when tables were full.

Never been there at night, but have done drinks there in the afternoon and never had trouble getting a table.

Drinks are good, and the view is great. The food -not so much. Only been once since Covid staffing issues, and the service seemed to decline a bit. Worth the time in transport to go? I would recommend going at least once, primarily for the view. That said, it can be a pain to try to be seated, though there is usually space at the bar.

We went here twice in May and it was pretty empty (both times 3ish). No problem getting a table and there were several bar seats available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter