Geyser Point - is this a sit down restaurant?

Is Geyser Point a Sit Down or Quick Service Restaurant?

• Sit Down Restaurant

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Quick Service Restaurant

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

shawnriv

Mouseketeer
I have been to Geyser Point a few times and love the food, drinks and vibe. My wife and I were having a discussion whether or not Geyser is a counter service or a sit down restaurant. One of us believes if the restaurants doesn’t offer online reservations, that makes it a quick service. What does everyone think?

If you sit down and order from a server that comes to your table and the server brings food/drinks, then I consider it a sit down restaurant. If you order at a counter, tablet, etc..., then pick up your food or the food is delivered based on a buzzer or number displayed at your table, then quick service.

Reservation booking does not determine if a restaurant is a table service outside Disney so it should not at Disney.

Quick Service. That is how Disney classifies it on their website. I think their defining criteria the that it does not take ADRs.

Technically it's a bar and grill but a sit down will do. I don't recall them using the reservation system. You walk up and give them your name and when a table is available you go in. The food is amazing! We dine there on our last trip and really enjoyed it! The area is absolutely beautiful! Our plans are to visit there again on our next trip!

Applebee's a sit down restaurant and they don't take reservations. Whether reservations are accepted doesn't define if it's a table service or quick service.

It has all the elements of a table service: you're seated by a host once your table is ready, given a menu (eh, QR code), your drinks are brought by a waiter, your food order is taken by a waiter, your food is brought by a waiter/runner, and you don't clean up your own dishes.

Applebee's a sit down restaurant and they don't take reservations. Whether reservations are accepted doesn't define if it's a table service or quick service.

It has all the elements of a table service: you're seated by a host once your table is ready, given a menu (eh, QR code), your drinks are brought by a waiter, your food order is taken by a waiter, your food is brought by a waiter/runner, and you don't clean up your own dishes.
But Disney, the owner & operator, does define it as Quick Service.

Can you use your resort mugs and eat at Geyser Point or is it more of a restaurant where you would be seated and then order soft drinks from a waiter?

Can you use your resort mugs and eat at Geyser Point or is it more of a restaurant where you would be seated and then order soft drinks from a waiter?
There is a place to refill resort mugs to the right of the entrance (where the host/hostess stand is) of Geyser Point. That is where the quick service order pick up window is located. You can also order food at the window. GP is a casual bar/restaurant where you are seated by a host/hostess and are at a table. You can also sit at the bar if you don’t want to wait for a table. You could refill your mugs, but you need to order something if you are going into GP and sitting at a table.

We are planning on eating a later dinner at GP in July, and aiming to watch the water pageant during out meal. would our best best be to put our names on the list and sit down inside the restaurant, or use the quick service window and sit at some of the seating near the water? I am assuming those seats aren't part of the restaurant seating, or are they?

We are planning on eating a later dinner at GP in July, and aiming to watch the water pageant during out meal. would our best best be to put our names on the list and sit down inside the restaurant, or use the quick service window and sit at some of the seating near the water? I am assuming those seats aren't part of the restaurant seating, or are they?
There are tables and chairs on the walkway by the lake that are not part of GP. You could definitely get quick service and sit there, if any tables are available. There is also a rock wall you can sit on. There are seats in the restaurant that do overlook the lake, you could eat there and request one of those tables. If that is your plan, get there a little early because people don't tend to leave those tables until the water pageant is over.

Disney definitely defines it as Quick Service.
It is defined as QS, however, the QS pickup window is not in Geyser Point, it is next to it. If you enter GP, you order your food/drink from a server and it is brought to your table. Or you sit at the bar. I *guess* you could order QS and pick it up at the window and then ask to be seated in GP and not order anything..... I wouldn't.

It is defined as QS, however, the QS pickup window is not in Geyser Point, it is next to it. If you enter GP, you order your food/drink from a server and it is brought to your table. Or you sit at the bar. I *guess* you could order QS and pick it up at the window and then ask to be seated in GP and not order anything..... I wouldn't.
Yes, I have eaten there. We sat down and were served by a castmember, etc. We didn't realize it was QS and tried to use our DVC discount and were told no because of QS designation. That's all. This was before Covid, so maybe it's changed since then.

There are tables and chairs on the walkway by the lake that are not part of GP. You could definitely get quick service and sit there, if any tables are available. There is also a rock wall you can sit on. There are seats in the restaurant that do overlook the lake, you could eat there and request one of those tables. If that is your plan, get there a little early because people don't tend to leave those tables until the water pageant is over.
Thank you!

WDW classifies it as a lounge. They say quick service on the opening page, but the menu is a lounge menu. No reservations. No DVC/AP discount. If you want a table in the lounge area, they will seat you, you don't just go in and claim one.

There's a takeout window, you'd have to find somewhere else to sit if you're going to order from it though.

Last edited:
WDW classifies it as a lounge. They say quick service on the opening page, but the menu is a lounge menu. No reservations. No DVC/AP discount. If you want a table in the lounge area, they will seat you, you don't just go in and claim one.

There's a takeout window, you'd have to find somewhere else to sit if you're going to order from it though.
Actually, on the Disney website, it is classified as QS, not a Lounge. You can sort under dining type and it comes up under QS, not Lounge. Though it is definitely more of a lounge than a QSR. Go figure! And if no tables are available, they will take your name and notify you when one is ready. Bar seating is usually not a problem.

Look at the menu, it says Lounge Menu. The way it operates, it is definitely a lounge. the takeout window probably pushes it over into QS, but you aren't supposed to order from the takeout window and then sit in the lounge. I think some of the readers were thinking maybe a QS, they might be allowed to go into Geyser Point and sit in there without ordering anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter