Geyser Gazers part 5: Last Day, Final Thoughts, and Thanks.

ronbrack

Earning My Ears
On our final day I again woke up early and this time jogged to Fort Wilderness under a full moon before relaxing in the hot tub. After that I roamed around and took some video's of the Lodge, the Villa's and their beautiful grounds for old time sake. We had breakfast at Whispering Canyon, just had to find out for myself. My expectations were not high after reading many posts on this board but I had hoped to be pleasantly surprised. I was not, but still enjoyed the environment since it was essentially part of the WL lobby. We checked out by 11am but hung out in the lobby and by the pool until heading for the airport by 2.

If our one year old started our trip crying and flying, she ended it screaming and flying. It took us over an hour to calm her down. I spoke with a woman behind us who re-assured me that "we've all been there at one time or another" and that it was her philosophy that any right minded adult would scream and cry about flying if they were allowed to. I laughed for the first time since leaving the world. When we arrived we were notified that the temperature had gone from 83 in Orlando to 7 in Indianapolis....talk about cold reality. Once the kids hit their car seats they were dead asleep. They awoke the next morning in their own beds with 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground.......a different kind of magic, but magic nontheless.

Final Thoughouts:
-Make time to relax and reflect on how lucky you are to be in such a wonderful place with those that you love.
-Realize that when you are traveling a hundred things a day can go wrong, appreciate that most of them don't.
-Do something different (like run through a "jungle" or hot tub under the morning moonlight) to put your own personal touch to your Disney experience.
-Allow more lattitude for those around you (especially children) than you are used to. Extraordinary experiences (even good ones) can be stressful because they are still a change from normality. While we were trying to manage our 4 year old who had lost it after a hard day one woman made it a point to stop, turn around and announce "what a naughty little girl". While every bone in my body wanted to confront this rude woman, I didnt. I smiled knowing what a wonderful family I have and how normal it is for four year olds not to act like adults. After all this grown woman was certainly not able to act like one either. I enjoy the contrast of her response to that of the caring woman on our return flight.

-Pete, this board has been a great source of help and entertainment. I have been complimented many times over for what we were able to do together as a family in Disney World, I share them with you.
-Grandma and Pop Pop, how lucky we are to share our children with you because when we see you with our girls we know you feel just as fortunate. You enabled our good times to become great ones.
-My Bride, who agreed to marry me when I asked this of her underneath the Christmas tree on Main Street some 8 years ago. The fireworks are still there!
-My Children, you make being a dad even more fun and adventuresome than Walt could ever dream of.
-My God, for those I have mentioned and for seeing us safely home from this extraordinary adventure.

As my 4 year old (wise beyond his years) nephew Alex once said to me "were lucky ducks, aren't we uncle ron?"

Thank you for your reports. They made my evening.
The very best thing about toddler melt downs is that they do not remember them. They only remember having a wonderful time with their family, and their family only remembers the good times also.

teachbrooks

Thanks for the great trip report, Ron. You have such a wonderful attitude about life. :)

It was such a pleasure to be able to share your trip with you. Thanks for taking the time to include us by writing your trip reports. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Enjoyed your reports. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lisa

sticker.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter