Geyser Gazers Part 2: Fireworks Cruise, Petting zoo, and the Yodeling Cowgirl

ronbrack

Earning My Ears
We had invited some of our Florida friends to join our fireworks cruise and arrived at the dock a few minutes later than I had hoped. With no captain around we feared that we had literally "missed the boat". After 15 minutes or so "Captain Jack" arrived, and explained that we werent scheduled to depart for another 20 minutes. Nevertheless he was happy to leave early since we were all there. It was a clear, cool, and full mooned night. We were thankful that Captain Jack brought along a bag full of blankets to keep us cozy. The boat was a 25 foot Suntracker pontoon boat that had plenty of room for the 10 of us. We cruised around Bay lake and the 7 Seas Lagoon, listening to Captain Jack describe thier history as well as that of the resorts on their banks. The fireworks were beautiful, especially in this setting. We brought along some snacks and drinks but mostly we marveled at the beauty before us, contented that after months of planning and hours of traveling....we had finally arrived in this magical place.

The following day I attended a conference at the Dolphin while DD age one petted every living mammal at Ft. Wilderness. My wife thinks that this was her favorite moment and that she would have made a good Noah if she only had a decent ark. Meanwhile, Grandma and Pop Pop took DD age 4 to MGM on a mission...find that yodelin' cowgirl Jessie. They enjoyed MGM but Grandma says that DD was in cowgirl heaven when they finally met. Jessie apparently realized what a groupie she had on her hands and spent lots of quality time with her. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaa!

We all met back at the Villa for fajitas,
margaritas, and some wonderfull responses to that often asked question "how was your day?"

Captain Jack is a trip...he knows a lot and is a lot of fun while on the cruise....

The Contemporary Tower, 1990
The Yacht Club, 1996
The Contemporary Concierge, 1999
Boardwalk Villas, 1999
Hilton Head Villas, 1999
MOWC, 2000
Old Key West, 2000
Hilton Head Villas, 2000

Well, it sounds like your day was wonderful. :) I'm glad your dd got to meet Jessie. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Jessie was one of the few characters that we missed on our last trip - lucky dd. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter