Geyser Gazers part 1: Flying and crying, Oops, and the WLV

ronbrack

Earning My Ears
Our Cast Members:
My Wife and I, my parents, and our Daughters ages one and four.

Despite a crying one year old and striking Delta workforce, our Delta Express 727 managed to get us safely to Orlando unscathed. I felt like we were really hitting our stride until I spotted a well dressed man holding a sign with my name up in the air while enroute to our rental car. I was not naive enough to think that Roy Disney heard that we were coming and sent a limo 'round and I have a unique enough name to know that this was no coincidence. I introduced myself and this Gentleman smiled confidently having found his passengers. My gastro-intestinal tract perfomed cirque du solei moves when I realized that in the midst of my psycho Disney planning I had rented a car AND a Tiffany transport (which I apparently forgot to cancel). This man must have seen every red blood cell drain from my face as I contemplated my stupidity. He turned to me and said 4 words that set the tone for our whole trip...."Dont worry about it". After he was able to stop me from hugging him I offered to pay him for his time and tip him but he refused. My 4 words for transport are now Tiffany Tiffany Tiffany Tiffany!

We ended up renting a minivan from Dollar since it was about the same cost as a full size plus renting car seats (2 are built into the van).
We loaded up on groceries from Albertsons on the way to the Wilderness Lodge.

We arrived at the lodge around noon, what an awesome sight. We explored the magnificent lobby and themed pool until we could check in to our villa around 3:00. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the 5th floor that was wonderful. We saw a deer right below us even before we unloaded our bags (they take the wilderness theming seriously around here!). We had takeout dinner from Roaring Forks before heading to the boat dock for the MK fireworks cruise.

That was certainly nice of the TTC driver. I'm glad it turned out well and was a nice start to your vacation. :)

Seeing that deer must have been so exciting for your daughters. What good timing.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Sounds like your trip is off to a good start. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter