getting wet on Pirates

I rode it a couple of months ago and after having ridden it countless times over the years this was the only time I got downright wet,before that maybe you would get a couple of drops of water would hit you but this time I was wet,maybe not soaked but plenty wet.Whatever was done with the boats changed something.

Last time I rode it we were front row and I kid you not from the chest down I was soaked, like I just stepped off Splash. I had a camera and bag in my lap too so wasn't happy. I think it depends on the weight load in the boats but next time I go (December) I'm going to be asked to be sat away from the front row.

Last Friday, my daughter went on POTC 3 times. The first two times we just happened to be in the front row. The first time, we got very wet! I won't say soaked, but we got wetter than I've ever gotten on the ride before. I didn't mind because it cooled us off for a bit. The second time, we barely got splashed! I wasn't disappointed, I was just shocked because of how wet we got the first time! It was weird.

Rode it the last week of July. After the drop, a wave partially "crashed" over the front of the boat and strategically placed a few ounces of water right on the bottom part of my leg between my kneecap and may ankle. That water then ran into my shoe. It might have only been an ounce or two.............but my feet went from warm and dry to cool and a little squishy. Luckily for us it was near the end of our day. It definitely caught me by surprise.

I'm wondering if the level of drenched-ness has to do with the weight in the front rows... we went on a ride in another theme park where it was directly proportionate!

Our boat had average sized adults and young adults in the front row...........the back row was purposefully kept empty by the CM.

I don't think it's a head to toe drenching, but a good amount of water that can soak you more in the seat/leg/foot area.

I have ridden the new boats quite a few times, in the front row on our last trip and never got soaked. It was the usual sprinkles of water, if any. Never got anywhere near wet or soaked.

Rode Pirates tonight, sat in the front row on the left side.....the boat was full of adults......I got soaked from the waist down during the drop - including my socks and running shoes (yuck!)

We sat near the back last week, and on the drop, I was splashed quite a lot on my left side. It left a stain on my nice dress I'd worn for Be Our Guest, and was damp for maybe half an hour after. I think I was unlucky though.

We rode it on Monday, our 3 oldest were in the front seat, and yes they got soaked. But they loved it.

We were there on August 14th. Rode in the middle rows. The people up front did get pretty soaked on their bottom half. We got wet from the cannon ball impact going off right next to us :worried:

Wow, I feel so bad for those that got soaked! Yuck. Aside from those that don't mind/care, I guess, but I think that's the minority. That water is gross!

As I've said before, though I hate to impose or bother the cast members, the minute I get to the front of the line I'm saying, "NOT the front row!" before he barks out his number to me of where to stand. I'd rather wait if I have to, but I am not entering the front row on this ride anymore.

It's such a shame because this is up there with my very favorite rides in the park that now there is something you have to worry about before you go on it.

We got drenched on POTC at DL. There was a ton of water in the boat when we got in and we ended up sitting in a huge puddle and got assaulted again by the water in the boat when we went down the drop. My underwear were so drenched that I considered wringing them out. :rotfl2:

After this incident we follow two rules, look carefully before getting into the boat for water on the seat or floor and 2, try to get the middle rows.

I've not gotten wet from the drop, but the cannon fire has soaked me more than once recently, where it never used to.

Soaked on Pirates? Really? Does this have to do with the new boats? (They did get new boats recently, right? It's been about a year and a half since I've last been on the ride...)

In the past, the most water I've gotten has either been some droplets from the drop and/or cannons. It was definitely something to react over on the ride, but by the time the ride was over I was mostly dry.

We were front row last night and got pretty wet from waist down. Not Kali wet, but we rode at 7 and were still uncomfortable watching Wishes at 9.

We rode about 10 times in December. We experienced everything from no water, to sitting on a very wet seat, to getting a little wet to getting WET!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter