Getting wet on FEA

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
I never got wet on Malestrom (maybe a tiny splash sometimes) so I was surprised to read here that some people have gotten soaked on FEA. If you were one of them, where did you sit on the boat? Or do you think it had more to do with uneven weight distribution on your boat? We have avoided this ride but are finally trying it this week and I'm just trying to avoid getting wet if possible, which I realize it might not be.

I've ridden frozen 3 or 4 times and I've never had a drop of water hit me nor have I seen anyone in the boat get noticeably wet. I've ridden in the front, back, and I believe 2nd row.

Agree left side front (or possibly second row if no one directly in front of you). I've ridden it a ton of times and only got really wet once, but it was really wet. More a splash-over from the side of the boat than a spray like on Splash but it was a cool day and I was in pants and that side was soaked from about knee to hip.

Agree left side front (or possibly second row if no one directly in front of you). I've ridden it a ton of times and only got really wet once, but it was really wet. More a splash-over from the side of the boat than a spray like on Splash but it was a cool day and I was in pants and that side was soaked from about knee to hip.
Me too...and DH the time I made him sit there :D

I never got wet on Malestrom (maybe a tiny splash sometimes) so I was surprised to read here that some people have gotten soaked on FEA. If you were one of them, where did you sit on the boat? Or do you think it had more to do with uneven weight distribution on your boat? We have avoided this ride but are finally trying it this week and I'm just trying to avoid getting wet if possible, which I realize it might not be.
You've avoided the ride because you might get splashed a little? Weird. It's not Kali River Rapids.

When we rode my husband was on the right -- he got pretty wet and I only got a little splash (being on the left). I am not sure you can actually predict how wet you will get. Like others have mentioned it might depend on the weight of the boat/passengers and the positioning as it goes down the hill. It isn't anything that should ruin your day, but it is a very cold day then it might take a little longer to dry off. I guess best best would be to just put a poncho on

I also think it depends on how people define "soaked". I've been on FEA probably 10 times, in all different positions in the boat. Gotten a few drops of water on me, sure. Nothing remotely close to "soaked", nor have I ever seen anyone else get very wet. You get a light spritz at the worst, IMO.

I also agree that it might have something to do with the weight distribution. That being said - last year rode it twice - both in the last row, once on the left once on the right - got soaked from the water coming over the side once we were at the bottom of the drop. Both times my shorts were completely wet - dripping! Glad my phone was not in my shorts pocket! But it will not stop us from riding again this year as DD likes the ride - I'll try to sit in a different row...lol

I got wet in the front seat twice. Like others mentioned, it was from water coming over the side. I was irritated because I didn’t realize I needed to protect my camera.

I'm not sure there is a guaranteed dry spot. One trip I was in the middle of the back row and was just as wet as the outside. Sometimes it's just a spray and sometimes you walk out with a wet behind. It does I think depend on weight so if you have lots of adults .... AND no boat goes without being packed to the gills so that doesn't help.

Maelstrom also had May Get Wet warning signs but maybe because it really wasn't popular and the boats were never full it ... just rarely happened.

Frozen-ever-after-ride-tips.jpg

maelstrom_warnings2007ah.jpg

Maelstrom-warning-sign-Norway-Epcot.jpg

PHOTO CREDITS ON PHOTOS

Wifey and I rode this once, right up front, we both got a little splash. I also don't don't remember ever getting wet on Maelstrom. Bring it back!

Bill From PA

We rode it bunch of times on our trip in March. We found that the front we left the most wet. However, it wasn't from necessarily getting splashed, but from sitting on the seats. The way the seat is designed, the water just sort of pools in the back of the seat. So we left with soaking wet pants just from having to sit on the seat. Doesn't keep us from riding, my kids love it and we wear clothes that will dry quickly at Disney.

Thank you for this thread! We're newbies going in November (with 2 little girls who love Frozen) and I had no idea you got wet on this ride. I thought it was like riding It's a Small World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter