Getting Water Bottles thru Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Can I fill my water bottle with ice water at my resort and go thru security, or does the bottle have to be empty?

We've taken multiple water bottles (the ones right from the store bought packs) in the parks inside a small soft cooler to keep them cold with no issues. We also bring our full resort mugs with us through as well (and refill with water later).

This is a theme park that has some security theatre to make you "feel" safe, not the TSA. (thank goodness!).

Frankly, the fact that Disney allows outside water and food into the parks (unlike concerts, ball parks or most other outdoor amusement parks) is an amazing plus in my book and is one of the reasons it is so magical compared to other places --- because you don't feel you are being arbitrarily "forced" to buy their overpriced food and water just for greed purposes. (Though, frankly, the food at WDW is not overpriced compared to those other venues in my opinion).

The day they ever change that policy would be the beginning of the end of Disney in my book.

I a full water bottle in every time and park hope just about every day with no question asked

We freeze them overnight in the hotel and then take them in. This gives you ice cold water usually until lunch time.

We do this as well, and I’m surprised more people don’t do the same. In July we froze about a dozen bottles while home in Jersey along with a Pack it cooler. They were still mostly frozen by time we checked in to POP, and kept my DH’s beer cold as well! I just wish the refrigerators still had the freezer compartment because after a couple days the ice was gone.

Taking in a small cooler inside a drawstring bag is the main reason I can never go bagless. The freedom of not having to carry anything or wait in bag check is very enticing. I just hate the thought of paying for water, and the tap water gives us stomachaches!

That is the changed policy.

For many years, like just about every other theme park, Disney did not allow outside food or beverages inside the gate and then one day, that rule no longer applied.

Really? I can’t remember that, and we packed a lunch for years when I was a kid, throughout several series of APs. (80s and 90s).

To the OP, as long as it isn’t glass, you’re good. I took too long drinking a single serve Starbucks frap and got to the gate with it. Ha. Oops. He let me drink as much as I could before he took it. I wasn’t even thinking about it being a glass container. Plastic bottles are no problem.

I do a camelpak filled with ice and water and 2 or 3 frozen bottles that melt throughout the day

That is the changed policy.

For many years, like just about every other theme park, Disney did not allow outside food or beverages inside the gate and then one day, that rule no longer applied.
I have been going since the 80s and have brought food and drinks in with me. Wondering if you are think of something else

Hola hola, old lady here!!! I went as a young bride with my parents and husband March of '72...
Back then, unless you had a MD note (maybe diabetic, etc) you could bring in NO FOOD OR DRINK.
Also, I was not allowed to wear a "tube top", they had a strict dress code. Of course my parents wore "resort wear"! My dad had a pale blue "leisure suit" with white belt and shoes, and my mother, ever the fashionista, wore a matching blue and with white piping A-Line dress. I seem to remember "hot pants" (I owned several) also were not allowed. We, of course, being young hippies back then were much more casually dressed. No ripped jeans, etc, no skin, nothing risque!

Last edited:
I have fuzzy memories of visiting Magic Kingdom as a child in the mid 70s and my parents not being impressed with having to buy water for their children. Don't know what was wrong with the water fountains, but if forced they would rather buy pop (soda) than water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter