Getting the best use of club level

Just chiming in as another person who did not really think the snacks in the afternoon qualify as dinner; the only thing my kids wanted to eat were the crackers and cookies, and the lounge got so crowded and noisy there was nowhere for our family to sit all together and have a nice family meal. Can I suggest you go ahead and make dinner ADRs for day 2 and later in your trip, and then cancel them if you find the snacks don't work as a dinner meal for your family? We did like the convenience of the club breakfast a lot though.
Just to clarify, Afternoon service does not equate a meal at pretty much any CL, where they do only have trail mix ingredients, chips, maybe a small sandwich, popcorn and cookies. That type of stuff
Evening is a different service. Very different, with hot plated offerings, soups, salads, meats, veggies, starches, proteins, etc. Again, full fledged Tapas type service. Can be made a meal just like dining at a Tapas restaurant is a meal. But, only if you like what is served. Obviously, if you don't, it won't. But not liking what is served is quite different than it not being served at all.

Just to clarify, Afternoon service does not equate a meal at pretty much any CL, where they do only have trail mix ingredients, chips, maybe a small sandwich, popcorn and cookies. That type of stuff
Evening is a different service. Very different, with hot plated offerings, soups, salads, meats, veggies, starches, proteins, etc. Again, full fledged Tapas type service. Can be made a meal just like dining at a Tapas restaurant is a meal. But, only if you like what is served. Obviously, if you don't, it won't. But not liking what is served is quite different than it not being served at all.

We are talking about the same thing. I just think of 5pm as the afternoon rather than the evening. They are bite sized hors d’oeurves, not tapas (tapas are composed small plates, 2-3 of which are a full meal). My point was just that my kids did not want to try the hot things, and so just ate crackers from the cheese and cracker tray. Less picky eaters may fare better, and I also did not think of it as a full dinner since it is more like what you would have at a cocktail reception. Again, others with lighter appetites may fare better. If you google you can get a good sense of the offerings.

Thank you so much everyone!

fyi...I did receive a call from DSS and they are offering the purchase of additional Fastpasses

I have plenty of time to figure out which parks/FPP to get and I will be sure to report back on CL at Destino Tower!

Awesome, glad it's falling into place! We're all so curious about the new CL at Destino Tower! Anxious to know about the nightly offerings, especially. Like many here on this board, we tend to eat our "big" meal during the afternoon at the parks, while taking full advantage of the breakfast and also the 5-7 app time in the lounge. Have fun planning!

Yes, I was thinking we would have a good lunch and use the 5 pm service as a maybe heavy snack or light dinner to hold us over for either a late dinner or late night snacks (depending on hunger level) after parks close. We are 2 adults and one teen so late dining is not a issue.

I wasn't necessarily trying to get "value" from CL...just hoping to make the best use of the "perks" that come with it without sacrificing park touring.. I think that and breakfast and adult beverages will eventually net out.

So excited and cant wait to come back and share!

I love a CL stay and feel you can get your money’s worth but for us, it’s not just the food and beverages we are paying for. We use it for space and convenience. Meals? Not even close. Breakfast works for most of my family, but my husband staged a mutiny the last time he was with us. Do not all of us could make even a meal out of breakfast.
Dinner made from appetizers would not come close.

I am not sure if your family will be satisfied relying on the lounge for your main meals, but if not the staff will assist in finding ts to fill in.

This is a great point. Value is not just about adding up what meals, snacks and drinks would cost. There's the convenience aspect and just having a place to hang out beside the room. Also, we have used the gym facilities to shower and change before catching our flight (that might be free to all resort guests, I just know we did it last time).

I do think there are other perks they could provide, but the Club Level fast pass access is at least a step in the right direction.

That's amazing!! Can you share any info about that? The lowest I see for CL Yacht Club is $627 per night (value dates only), for Sun through Thursdays, not the whole week. Then it's $672 for Fri and Sat.

Then a moderate is about $206/night in the value season, $245 for Thurs to Sat, etc.

That's about $400 difference per night. How did you manage a whole week for an $800 difference?

Please help!!! What am I doing wrong?
What time period are you looking for? The CL rooms are often discounted quite heavily. When I first booked my deluxe CL room it was 1k (yes, $1000!) per night :crazy2: but I had faith it would be discounted significantly, and it was. I then picked up an AP which garnered an even bigger discount (more than paid for the cost of the AP itself). Mousesavers has a list of historical room discounts, so you can anticipate when those discounts are likely to show up in the future.

Having said that, they might not discount much after SW:GE opens. As my mom would say "that's a whole different ball of wax".

Last edited:
Yeah there are some nights the deluxe rooms are pulling a 40% discount with an AP. You gotta luck in to them with out a doubt but when I find them I jump on them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter