Getting rid of the travel agent.

pennymike

Must obey the Mouse!
We currently have a cruise booked through a travel agent. Not impressed with the service. Can I have DCL put the cruise in my control and take the agent off the reservation?

We currently have a cruise booked through a travel agent. Not impressed with the service. Can I have DCL put the cruise in my control and take the agent off the reservation?
Maybe.

The TA has to release the reservation. DCL can't just turn the reservation over to you. Some TAs will charge a fee for doing this.

If you can prove to DCL that the TA is actually mishandling your reservation, they can probably help you.

But just "not impressed with service", I doubt it.

I believe you need to ask the TA to release the reservation to DCL. If you aren't comfortable doing that, you can cancel the reservation and just rebook it through DCL, but the cost of the cruise has probably gone up since you booked it.

Can you hold out until check-in? I haven't talked to my TA since our final payment...in June! Any requests since then have been through DCL.

You have a couple of options:
1. Contact the TA and discuss your concerns with them and give them a chance to correct the situation to your liking.
2. If this conversation does not yield satisfaction, contact the agency owner and request a change of agent.
3. If the outcome is still not to your satisfaction, request that the agency signs your reservation back to DCL. Although this typically has to happen in 30 days from booking and requires a signed request from the agency on their company letterhead approving the transfer of the reservation back to DCL it might happen as you can present due diligence that you attempted to resolve issues.
4. Cancel and re book at current rates and if you had used a placeholder or booked on board for the discount and OBC then you will lose those benefits upon cancellation.

Good luck!

Can you hold out until check-in? I haven't talked to my TA since our final payment...in June! Any requests since then have been through DCL.

Did you get your excursions, dining, meet and greets, beverage tastings etc taken care of and your online check in process completed? There is really not much to do after that needs to be taken care of. After all that, you get to wait and countdown the days. :)

Of course, your booklet and luggage tags should be arriving soon. Be on the lookout for those as they should be arriving any day now. And depending on agency policy, your agent might have directed them to be sent to you at your home instead of the agency where she would forward them to you.

Have a great cruise!

Exactly.

Did you get your excursions, dining, meet and greets, beverage tastings etc taken care of and your online check in process completed?

And those things are all done by the first anyway.

I use a TA for cruises for the perks I get. And I only rarely need to speak them them, let alone have them do anything for me.

Did you get your excursions, dining, meet and greets, beverage tastings etc taken care of and your online check in process completed? There is really not much to do after that needs to be taken care of. After all that, you get to wait and countdown the days. :)

Of course, your booklet and luggage tags should be arriving soon. Be on the lookout for those as they should be arriving any day now. And depending on agency policy, your agent might have directed them to be sent to you at your home instead of the agency where she would forward them to you.

Have a great cruise!

Yep! I took care of it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter