• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting refund back on overpayment of package/reservation?

jrsharp21

DIS Veteran
Earlier in the summer I booked a hotel only reservation for me and my family and I also booked a ticket/resort package for my parents. About a month ago we changed dates of our stay on those packages and ended up having a credit balance for both reservations. The CM that helped me told me it would take about two weeks for the credit to be processed to my credit card. Yesterday I received some statements from Disney and they are showing the credits still on the statement. Anyone run into this before? I am guessing I need to call back into the reservations number and ask for the credit to be charged back?

I didn't think much of it until I saw this post, but I also had the same happen last month after a military rate was applied to our room res. After 14 business days and the refund was never put back on my card (used a DGC), we called. The always very nice and helpful CM saw the refund was there but unsure why it was not issued back to my card as it should have been. They pushed it through again, with saying it could be another 14 bus. days, but it showed up within an hour. Seems it could have been yet another glitch with the fabulous Disney IT?

I didn't think much of it until I saw this post, but I also had the same happen last month after a military rate was applied to our room res. After 14 business days and the refund was never put back on my card (used a DGC), we called. The always very nice and helpful CM saw the refund was there but unsure why it was not issued back to my card as it should have been. They pushed it through again, with saying it could be another 14 bus. days, but it showed up within an hour. Seems it could have been yet another glitch with the fabulous Disney IT?
Which number did you call?

My DH just called the military reservation line because we were also adding on another day. It didn't seem to be any problem for them to fix but they were quite confused as to why it even happened. I would probably try the # @eksmama01 gave or the one on your statement.

I have a credit of 200 something dollars due to a discount. When I repriced the room, the new invoice says the credit will remain on my hotel account. I figure it will cover our meals/etc.

My DH just called the military reservation line because we were also adding on another day. It didn't seem to be any problem for them to fix but they were quite confused as to why it even happened. I would probably try the # @eksmama01 gave or the one on your statement.
I did not know there was a special military reservation line and what is that number. Does that make it easier to get that discount?

@GrandMum The reservation # can be found in the special offers/discounts tab, then the military rates at select resorts. Their # is (407) 939-7830. Only select resorts and rooms are available. Got a decent rate at AoA on the Cars family suite last Oct., then our stay a few months later at POR w/ the 5th sleeper was cheaper than SOG would have been for 2 queens. And Disney has them beat again for our stay in June at POFQ. Nothing against SoG, we've stayed there too 😁.

Sorry @jrsharp21 for being OT. Hope your refund comes through soon!

If it was a relatively small amount, the credit will go on your hotel account to be used for incidentals. If you don't end up using that $$ during your trip, it will then be refunded to your original method of payment. If you would prefer to get the refund now instead of having it sit on your hotel account, you can call.

@GrandMum The reservation # can be found in the special offers/discounts tab, then the military rates at select resorts. Their # is (407) 939-7830. Only select resorts and rooms are available. Got a decent rate at AoA on the Cars family suite last Oct., then our stay a few months later at POR w/ the 5th sleeper was cheaper than SOG would have been for 2 queens. And Disney has them beat again for our stay in June at POFQ. Nothing against SoG, we've stayed there too 😁.

Sorry @jrsharp21 for being OT. Hope your refund comes through soon!
Thanks for that info. I have gotten the military discount thru the main reservation number. This year I got AKL which was lovely. POFQ is my favorite resort but haven't been able to get discount there in years. Will try there for next year.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere you can look in MDE and see what your balance is for a reservation or the payments made for it? I am just seeing the "paid in full" status.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter