Getting personal here. What Generation are you?

Boomer here (1954) the baby sibling of five. Son (1982) and daughter (1984). Not sure if that makes them Gen X??? Four grandkids 6, 5, 5 and 3.

What's the stereotype? Gen X'ers hates the Baby Boomers for creating all the world's problems and hates the Millennials because they are too lazy to do anything about it? Something like that? GUILTY Gen X'er here.
Ha, yes, we're that. We're also the first true "latch key" generation. Many of us may have started with Mom at home, but at some point she headed out into the workforce....and somewhere along the line all of the parents decided that their pre-teen/teen kids were fine at home for several hours a day without supervision....lol. DH and I both experienced this in our homes.

So we're known as the "independent" generation. Gen X-ers had to figure it out on our own. And so that's why we're so likely to roll our eyes at the other generations....the boomers were out there consuming everything.....their kids (the millennials) were always whining about something. Gen X is over in the corner rolling our collective eyes at them ;).

All generalizations folks....don't get mad at me :).

Ha, yes, we're that. We're also the first true "latch key" generation. Many of us may have started with Mom at home, but at some point she headed out into the workforce....and somewhere along the line all of the parents decided that their pre-teen/teen kids were fine at home for several hours a day without supervision....lol. DH and I both experienced this in our homes.

So we're known as the "independent" generation. Gen X-ers had to figure it out on our own. And so that's why we're so likely to roll our eyes at the other generations....the boomers were out there consuming everything.....their kids (the millennials) were always whining about something. Gen X is over in the corner rolling our collective eyes at them ;).

All generalizations folks....don't get mad at me :).
Just wondering out loud here.....you speak of latch key kids. I wonder what it was like during WW II, when so many women went to work with men overseas. What did the kids do? Anyone know?

Just wondering out loud here.....you speak of latch key kids. I wonder what it was like during WW II, when so many women went to work with men overseas. What did the kids do? Anyone know?

Good question!! I remember reading an article about this several years back. Uncle Sam actually watched "Rosie the Riveter's" children. War-related government grants were used to establish "emergency nursery schools" in areas of the country where we had defense industrial plants. So, tax dollars were used to allow new working Moms to go to work and not worry about their children. Nice concept eh?

Exactly!! <3

We’re the Reality Bites generation… the snarky slackers.

And maybe because we’re also the forgotten generation or because there’s, relatively speaking, not a lot of us, nobody ever hates on the Gen-X-ers or blames us for stuff like they do Boomers or Millennials.

Or, even if they did, we’d all just roll our eyes & be like “Whatever.”

We are absolutely the forgotten generation, see example below! :rotfl:

GenX.jpg

Last edited:
Younger Gen X. I classify myself as a Xennial
my kids are Gen Z and Gen alpha. I refer to them as the Minecraft generation because it seems like everyone in their age groups has played that game for many years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter