Getting park tickets two days before check in

lexmelinda

<font color=blue>Has a Seussical googling DD<br><f
My daughter will be going to Orlando for free dining in December. She will be flying in a couple of days before her package begins to visit my other daughter (an AP holder) who lives in Orlando. My daughters would like to go to the parks together on the weekend before my daughter checks into her Disney resort to start her free dining package. She is checking in on the day first day free dining is available in December.

A few years ago before the advent of magic bands, we went to our resort a couple of days early, before our package started, and they let us have our tickets. When we got to the end of our park tickets on our package, we just went to guest services and added a couple more days.

So my question is: Is Disney still allowing people to pick up tickets before your package begins?

They ship your magicbands to you around 25ish days before your trip. She will have her ticket right then and there!

Do the magic bands have to be activated at her resort or at guest services? Or can she just head straight to the parks and go right in?

Last edited:
As far as room key, dining plan and charging privileges these are activated at ckeck-in. If the tickets are not immediately active you can go to a Guest Relations Office and they will activate them for you.

Cheshire Figment, we are staying at Fort Wilderness. We have two parties, one who have AP, so it does not relate to them. When we originally planned our vacation, our original reservations were from 12/30 - 01/09., with 8 day tickets. Several months later,me were able to add a day at the beginning of our stay, for different reservation for the one day 12/29 - 12/30. (Package deal). When learning this is the last year for the Osborn lights, we decided to go the day of arrival, (lighter crowds!?!), And even splurged for the Osborn desert party. Well, if going to HS, why not take advantage of FP for that day as well. That time frame for securing those will be coming up in the next ten days. After a lengthy phone call with Disney, the only thing they could offer us is one more day on the 8 day package already purchased, but would not be able to make it active until the day we arrive after talking to Guest Relations. That works, but I highly doubt that securing a fast pass for Toy Story the same day of arrive is a possibility. Any suggestions on this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter