Getting Nervous

Calee

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled to go to WDW in June. I have 3 teens, so our vacation timing is fairly limited due to school, sports schedules, etc. Our first day is the last day that Test Track is open (this ride is important to my kids, so if we wanted to do it we would have to make our Epcot day the day Test Track closes-we do not have park hoppers). And I'm also now hearing rumors that Tiana's ride might open that week. Add to this the DAS changes and not being sure what will happen there, I'M SO NERVOUS! How much do you think these things will affect our trip? HELP!

A lot of the items you mentioned aren't anything you have any control over while at Disney. Try to look at all the positives of being at a Disney park and try not to think about the negatives. Plus remember, being at a Disney park is a start of an amazing day and don't let any outside factors ruin that for you and your family. :)

To answer your question, I don't think it will effect it at all. Look like you have a good handle of Test Track closing, by making Epcot your first park day. Tiana's rumored opening is just that, just a rumor. I wouldn't worry about it until an official announcement, which might also come with a much rumored changes to Genie+. DAS changes might be good overall for ride capacity, as there are now limits on immediate family and friends coming on the attractions.

Honestly, only thing that might be a concern might be those long rumored Genie+ changes but that might be a good thing whenever it does happen. Good luck and I hope you and your family have an amazing trip!

I think you will be totally fine.

My suggestions:
1. With 3 teen sons, use the single rider line for Test Track. This will greatly reduce your wait time.
2. Tiana's will likely be VQ so will reduce the number of people heading to the park to enjoy that attraction. It's going to be popular for a long time to come so whether you go the first week or the 30th week, it will affect the crowd level but, minimally.

I don’t think Tiana’s opening will be that big a deal in terms of crowds in the parks.
A one day shot at Test Track can always be dicey if the weather is not cooperative.
Das changes? Too soon to tell how/if that will affect you.

Don’t be nervous. But be realistic and roll with the changes.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. :)

I don’t think Tiana’s opening will be that big a deal in terms of crowds in the parks.
A one day shot at Test Track can always be dicey if the weather is not cooperative.
Das changes? Too soon to tell how/if that will affect you.

Don’t be nervous. But be realistic and roll with the changes.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. :)
Good point about test track. With our ages we can stay all day which helps with that. My bigger concern was would Epcot be extra crowded that day because its the last day Test track is open.

One of my kids has qualified for DAS in the past and based on the verbiage I believe he still will, but its hard having so many unknowns because our trip is shortly after the changes. If we aren't going to qualify for that, being extra strategic in other ways about crowds will be even more important which is why the closure/opening of rides has become more of a factor I'm thinking through!

Good point about test track. With our ages we can stay all day which helps with that. My bigger concern was would Epcot be extra crowded that day because its the last day Test track is open.
Edited…..cause I gave out incorrect info.

Last edited:
The last day for TT looks to be on a Monday, so I figure the locals that want to ride it one more time would probably ride it on the weekend before or possibly later in the evening on Monday. I would say do Test Track early in the day if possible.
I *think* the first day its closed is a Monday so the last day to ride would be Sunday

Is it mainly yourself or your kids you are nervous for? Are you afraid they will be really disappointed if they can’t do a ride they love? I had that exact same anxiety a few months ago in a trip to Disneyland, and the worst happened—the ride was down, we had no time left, we had to leave without doing it. I explained the situation my son (then age 10) concluding with “I’m so, so sorry buddy.” He looked at me for a second, shrugged, and said, “Too bad you can’t do anything about it!” And that was it. Now mind you, this is a special needs kiddo who really REALLY does not do well with changes in plans, but I twisted myself up in knots expecting the worst, and he totally surprised me. Sometimes as parents we try so hard to make everything perfect for our kiddos…….but they are more resilient than we think a lot of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter