Getting in to Mexico pavilion for San Angel ADR?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I’ve read reports and seen pictures of some crazy long lines to get into the Mexico pavilion. I love the atmosphere at San Angel - if I make an ADR there, will I be able to get into the pavilion, or do I have to stand in the line to get into the pavilion? If I can get in with my ADR, would I be able to get in a few minutes early so I could grab a margarita at La Cava before our ADR?

sorry for this, but I'm confused--why are there long lines to get into the pavilion? Surely not for the ride in there? Just a little confused--I'm sure it's some COVID reality. Is it just that they only allow a certain # in and people want to walk around?

sorry for this, but I'm confused--why are there long lines to get into the pavilion? Surely not for the ride in there? Just a little confused--I'm sure it's some COVID reality. Is it just that they only allow a certain # in and people want to walk around?
It’s a combination of the small space plus several popular (or moderately-popular) things to do - the Gran Fiesta Boat Tour, the tequila bar, the marketplace, etc. - so they limit total capacity in the pavilion. I saw that there was a 150-minute wait to get into the pavilion recently!

I’ve read reports and seen pictures of some crazy long lines to get into the Mexico pavilion. I love the atmosphere at San Angel - if I make an ADR there, will I be able to get into the pavilion, or do I have to stand in the line to get into the pavilion? If I can get in with my ADR, would I be able to get in a few minutes early so I could grab a margarita at La Cava before our ADR?

I don't think they'd let you grab a drink from La Cava if you were let in for an ADR. There's usually a long line for that.

It’s a combination of the small space plus several popular (or moderately-popular) things to do - the Gran Fiesta Boat Tour, the tequila bar, the marketplace, etc. - so they limit total capacity in the pavilion. I saw that there was a 150-minute wait to get into the pavilion recently!

We had ADR at 5pm in early September......the pavillion was packed. line to get in went all the way back to china. Since we had an ADR we bypassed the line, and inside, the people were all shoulder to shoulder. if you are a COVID worry type person...you may want to skip it.

When looking at the front of the building, go to the umbrella on the right where a CM is standing in the midst of the line. Show your adr on your app (it doesn't let you check in online or at least not for us) 15 minutes or so before and they will send you upstairs. Those CMs at the top may or may not check your phone again and then will send you to the restaurant check-in after temp check.

The nice thing was we rode the boat after lunch with no wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter