Getting in Shape Thread!

KimBean

DIS Veteran
I have 45 days to go and so I started an emergency workout schedule. I should have started this awhile back but did not...

I was doing pretty good with my exercise but then my FIL passed unexpectedly (he was living with us) in May and this whole summer was about a lot of things none of them getting my butt on the treadmill.

So... I started today. My plan is get on the treadmill for 3 miles everyday until I leave. I know we do a lot more than 3 miles at Disney but I figure if I can do 3 miles straight pretty easy then I can do more with breaks, rides, shows, etc.

Anyone else out there need to do this? Thought I would start a thread and see if anyone wants to do daily check ins/encouragements!! :cheer2:

So to get it started (come on people don't make me sit in here talking to myself.)

45 days to go. 3.1 miles walked today.

Total of 3.1 miles.

I am in! But you are younger than me, I am fifty. Hubby is fifty, kids are son 23, daughter 29 and son in law 30.

Hubby and I usually start earlier than this to get ready, but with the wedding of the kids last summer, we're running late!

Good luck! And if you want to find me on facebook I am Cindy Moore Brown.

We can do this! And now you don't have to talk to yourself because I am here, LOL.

I can't do three miles on the treadmill, but I like to do 30 - 50 minutes at a time (with a hectic lifestyle!)

Welcome!! I have some health issues and can't go very fast on the treadmill. 3-3.5 mph so I just do the miles no matter how long it takes me. lol.

Looks like your trip is just a little after mine. I figure starting now is better than not.

Had a very full day yesterday but got on the treadmill! Just was too busy to report in.

So day 2, another 3.1 miles for a total of 6.2 miles with 44 days more to go! Paid off my package yesterday WOOHOO!!

Will be getting on later today after dinner.

Come on anyone can still join in! Just let us know your daily goal and how many days you have left!

So I did my walk for today. 3.1 miles for a total of 9.3 miles. My countdown clock says I have 43 days, 9 hours, 46 mins, 13sec no 12, no 11. AHHHH!!!!

:lmao:

Ok, pretty much talking to myself here but oh well...

Didn't walk today. Really wanted to but my hamstrings are in complete knots. So I had a rest day. Will get back at it tomorrow.

9.3 miles total with 42 days, 5 hours, 37 minutes, and 49 seconds to go.

How's it going, KimBean? I'm about 60 days out from my family's next trip, and like your "get in WDW shape" plan. It's too late tonight, but I'll start tomorrow - 3 mi. per day, as many days as possible! Hope you're still in!

Can I join? Going in June 2015. Need to get my walking legs in shape!!!

~~colleen

Heading to the World in January and I'm trying to keep myself from packing on ANY holiday weight!

Yoy!
:banana:

To the GYM I go!

I'm in :) I have 51 days to get into shape, or at least increase my fitness levels (and totally give up the cigarettes which is a work in progress, still, sighs). I don't have any workout equipment but Ido have some wii fitness games and lots of space for walking.

I just recently started going to Planet Fitness. They have a wonderful 20 minute express workout that was featured on The Biggest Loser. It combines weights with cardio exercises. You just go from station to station and there is a stop light that tells you when to start and stop. I thought that it would be intimidating to start going to a gym, but everyone there is pretty good. Like they say, it is a judgement free zone. There are no muscle heads screaming and grunting as they lift a house - in, fact, you can get kicked out for doing that kind of stuff! ::yes::

The whole circuit they have set up only takes 30 minutes and if you're honest about working hard, you will be exhausted at the end.

All I have to do is keep getting my lazy but out the door and go to the gym.

count me in...115 days to go. Hubby and I have already lost about 15-20 lbs each, but we REALLY need to up the fitness to get ready for this trip.

I started BARRE Class this past Summer and go 3 days a week. Its an hour long, you basically do 15 min on arms (3 lb weights), 15 min leg/thigh, 15 min Butt and 15 min abs. I love love it, its very small movements but you tone those muscles and you can definitely feel the difference!!!! Its not cardio so if you want cardio you would have to add that. Also Yoga is awesome, which I need to add a few of those as well.

I'm heading to WDW in September. I've put about a stone on since October. Got to loose it all before i go. 100% achievable and I have my first personal training session at 7am tomorrow. Bring - it - on!

Totally gonna do this. Though i get a good workout at work I still need to get in better shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter