Getting in shape for Disney!

Anybody else using an upcoming trip as motivation to get in shape? I was hoping if there's anyone else out there, maybe we could help each other stay motivated.

My youngest is now 2 and I have been struggling to get back to where I want to be, both in terms of weight and strength. After my first kiddo, and before my second, I was in the best shape of my life. I had intended for our spring 2022 trip to be my goal line for meeting my fitness goals, but that came and went, and then the summer was ridiculously busy for us and I actually put on MORE weight. Now we are booked for next year and I'm really motivated to get it together, so I can feel confident in my own skin by the time that trip rolls around!

Any takers?

Yes! I am going to WDW/Universal in 8 days and since Aug 7, I've walked over 10k steps a day a minimum of 5 days a week. I'm just walking, no other exercise. I'm also doing Intermittent Fasting and have lost 8 pounds so far.

I went to DLR in December 2021 and did no preparation to get in shape and I paid for it. My stamina sucked, my feet were killing me (more than usual), and I came back sick from pushing my body. This time I was like that is NOT happening again. I also have back problems now that are more persistent than the last time I had went to a theme park (which was pre-covid), and I was heavier for my Dec 2021 trip compared to my trips before. I am 30 now and feeling it lol. Most of my Disney trips pre 2021 I was in my early-mid 20's and I took a lot of my youthful stamina for granted 😅 . Not that I'm not still young, I just noticed a difference between my 2018 trip to my 2021 trip so I am determined to not feel that way for my 2022 trip.

Me too! Ive had a tough year and have really struggled to get back down to a weight Im comfortable with and build my stamina too. I have a trip coming up at the end of January and if I can get started now, Id be in a really good place by then.

I’m in my 60s and have put on a lot of weight the last couple years. I walk almost daily, shooting for 2.5-3.5 miles. I easily walk twice that at WDW. I’m able to do it, keeping that baseline walking, although I am exhausted at the end of a day.

Yes, I'm going in 14 days and have lost 20 pounds! I wanted to lose 25 before the trip but we'll see. I've been losing 2.5 a week so it's possible. But I REALLY need to walk more, a lot more, in the next 2 weeks to get my walking legs ready!

Yes, I'm going in 14 days and have lost 20 pounds! I wanted to lose 25 before the trip but we'll see. I've been losing 2.5 a week so it's possible. But I REALLY need to walk more, a lot more, in the next 2 weeks to get my walking legs ready!
That's awesome! Congrats! I'm on day 8 of keto/carnivore and want to lose about 25 lbs too.

My biggest issue is the pace in WDW!! MY husband is 6'1 to my 4'10 and keeping up with his FAST and LONG pace leaves me struggling and out of breath, I am hoping losing the weight will help!!

My biggest issue is the pace in WDW!! MY husband is 6'1 to my 4'10 and keeping up with his FAST and LONG pace leaves me struggling and out of breath, I am hoping losing the weight will help!!
Im short too and my son is tall. I feel like I take 3 steps for every one of his! Its either that or he gets way ahead of me without realizing it. Im always telling him to slow down! Losing weight should definitely help energy levels for keeping pace!

I really just want to feel comfortable in my own skin again. I've struggled with body image my entire life and it's been worse since my youngest was born. I hate feeling like I'm not entirely present on vacation with my family because I'm sidetracked worrying about my muffin top. I like being strong enough to carry my 6 year old if she wants me to, I like being able to cart my 2 year old around if I need to. I like not hiding from the camera, or feeling the need to cover up at the pool. I love fashion and being able to just feel comfortable wearing whatever it is i like, rather than worrying about whether "I can pull it off." Obviously this is both a physical and a mental health issue for me, so I work on it from multiple angles. It's obviously about more than just vacation, but our upcoming trip is a nice goal post. I've got about 8 months, so plenty of time. If I just eat healthy and stay consistent with my workouts I'm sure I'll feel more comfortable by the time the trip rolls around.

I'm trying to set little goals for myself. I leave on a cruise in 2.5 weeks and I'd like to lose about 5 pounds before then because I know I'm going to gain it back! To do that I'm *trying* to watch what I eat and make sure I'm getting my steps in every day. Now that it's turning cold it's a bit hard to get myself out of bed but I'm trying!

We have a trip in December and I would REALLY love to be down at least 10 pounds by then.

@AnnabelleTheTalkingTree make sure your doctor is checking your thyroid levels! My second pregnancy destroyed my thyroid and it wasn't caught for like two years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter