Getting from Wilderness Lodge to International Gateway

Whoa! I never even considered that…I thought a Minnie Van would be way more than $48 but just checked and saw they’re currently running for $40 so they could be even less if we leave super early…definitely a great option!

Can I just say, I freaking love this community?! So many awesome ideas!!

Just be prepared to wait, park entry and pre park open is prime time for minnie vans because everyone is trying to get one to get from their resort to another resort for a character breakfast or what have you.

To go to either the Boardwalk, S&D, or Epcot IG from WL, we took the bus to MK and then took a bus that went either to YC/BC or BWI and then walked to the IG. We found that to be reasonably timely and efficient, with minimal walking required and little potential impact to us or transportation due to weather. You still need to accommodate any potential lag between getting to MK and getting the bus to the resorts, but because there were two different ones we could take, it increased our odds, and we rarely waited for long.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the holding area for front of Epcot entrance is still well within the park. To me the extra effort, time and energy to get to IG instead of a bus from WL to the main entrance of Epcot is not worth the hassle to save a few minutes. I was at the Contemporary and used monorail to Epcot and RD'd Frozen and got there in about as much time as IG guests. Remy is a bit different but still. Is all the effort to get to the back entrance really worth it?

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but the holding area for front of Epcot entrance is still well within the park. To me the extra effort, time and energy to get to IG instead of a bus from WL to the main entrance of Epcot is not worth the hassle to save a few minutes. I was at the Contemporary and used monorail to Epcot and RD'd Frozen and got there in about as much time as IG guests. Remy is a bit different but still. Is all the effort to get to the back entrance really worth it?
This has also been in the back of my mind —anyone have any insight? We’re quick walkers, so we could definitely book it to France if that makes more sense!

This has also been in the back of my mind —anyone have any insight? We’re quick walkers, so we could definitely book it to France if that makes more sense!
The time it takes to walk from the Epcot to Remy is probably shorter than the time it takes to walk from HS to the International Gateway. You could look at the bus schedule that morning and see if it makes sense to take the Epcot bus or the HS bus.

My rule of thumb is to use the least amount of transportation options as possible. That would mean that the bus from WL to Epcot and then walk to Remy would be the best way to go. The morning buses are fast and go directly to the parks without making any other stops. :)

Not sure where the holding spots are for front of EPCOT or IG - I haven't tried to Rope Drop Remy's, but the walking distance from IG to Remy's is short in comparison to coming from the front of the park. Not everyone coming through IG will RD Remy's, but IMO there is a significant advantage to being at the IG entrance if you want to RD Remy's.

Remys.jpg

I usually stay at Pop and have skyliner so I a bit fuzzy for holding on that side of the park. But it will certainly be inside the park for guests that have early morning access. To me having to take an additional transportation option will put you near the back of the IG crowd. So you will be behind a lot of people to begin with. Go with the simpler option and make it work. You will get a quick enough ride on Remy

I am going in two weeks and won’t have skyliner. I’m not concerned. And you shouldn’t be either. Get there early be at the front of the crowds at the main gate and book it to Remy

My personal opinion...buck up and get a Minnie Van to the BC. While a bit on the expensive side, we've thoroughly enjoyed every ride we've taken with them as the drivers are all very knowledgeable and friendly cast members. Every one of them has made my girls smile with stickers, figures, small plush toys, etc. that they think it's all a part of the adventure!

I would book the Uber/Minnie Van/Taxi/etc. and I would not think twice about it. Pretty much no matter what else you do, you have at least one bus segment, and while they almost always work out, I've had enough "WHY isn't the bus HERE YET?" moments that I would not want to take the chance.

Yes, it is expensive. But I find that if I think of WDW prices as some foreign currency that happens to also use "$" as its symbol, it's easier to swallow.

If you don't want to do that, I'd go with @Lesverts plan of a normal EP arrival.

We have learned that getting up early for RD isn't always the "plan" in the morning....especially with little people lol

To use transportation these days for RD you NEED to be up early for first bus and it could be exhausting before the day even starts! IMO it just might be better to get a LL for Remy so your day is over before it starts ;)

I’m heading to WDW with my husband and one-year-old in early March and am looking for a (somewhat) simple way to get from Wilderness Lodge to International Gateway in order to rope drop Remy’s during early entry at Epcot. My first thought was to reserve an Uber carseat, but I was blown away by the price ($48 for a 10-minute ride).

Would it be insane or genius to take an early bus from Wilderness Lodge to Hollywood Studios and just take the walking path to International Gateway? Are there other options that make more sense? Should I just eat the $48? Thanks in advance!
I would take the bus to HS than take Skyliner to Epcot you will be right near France and Remy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter