Getting from LAX to Disneyland

As promised, my report-back on Karmel shuttle service. We used them from LAX on a Tuesday morning and to return to LAX on a Saturday afternoon.
It's super easy to use, they text you a link to click when you have arrived and have all your luggage. It tells you where to go and the number of the van, as well as how long to expect. We waited 20 minutes for the van and that was spot-on with their estimate due to construction around the airport. Driver was friendly, van was clean, and we were on our way quickly. Because they only take reserved passengers, we did not circle or wait for more people.

On our return to the airport, we were actually running behind coming back to the hotel from the parks, so I called (got a rep immediately, great customer service) and they sent the driver to pick up the other pair of passengers while we gathered our belongings. He returned just as we were coming down to the lobby, and service was friendly and quick. Clean van again, safe driving, very friendly driver.

I have used plenty of other airport shuttles/uber/taxis etc and found this to be a good experience. It was easy to use, good customer service, and great value for the price. Would definitely use again.

As promised, my report-back on Karmel shuttle service. We used them from LAX on a Tuesday morning and to return to LAX on a Saturday afternoon.
It's super easy to use, they text you a link to click when you have arrived and have all your luggage. It tells you where to go and the number of the van, as well as how long to expect. We waited 20 minutes for the van and that was spot-on with their estimate due to construction around the airport. Driver was friendly, van was clean, and we were on our way quickly. Because they only take reserved passengers, we did not circle or wait for more people.

On our return to the airport, we were actually running behind coming back to the hotel from the parks, so I called (got a rep immediately, great customer service) and they sent the driver to pick up the other pair of passengers while we gathered our belongings. He returned just as we were coming down to the lobby, and service was friendly and quick. Clean van again, safe driving, very friendly driver.

I have used plenty of other airport shuttles/uber/taxis etc and found this to be a good experience. It was easy to use, good customer service, and great value for the price. Would definitely use again.

So glad to read a good report on Karmel! My TA had given me them or DRE as options, and when I looked at the DRE schedule which would have had me leaving Anaheim before 6pm when my flight isn't until midnight, I was like "Let's give Karmel a try."

I'd had SuperShuttle booked on my own, but after a horrible experience with them this weekend, they are on my "only if there are ZERO options left" list.

Alamo is in DTD, but their locations is getting demolished when the new hotel construction starts which is still TBD and not sure if a relocation plan has been announced for them. Lots of other car companies are out on Katella.

Honestly, as someone who has always typically rented a car just to have control over my transportation...we now just Uber everywhere when at DL. Airports (LAX and SNA), grocery store, errands, meetings...super easy and convenient.

I hate taxis, despise shared shuttles, not willing to waste time waiting for a DL Express bus, and no need for a dedicated hired car service unless that is what you want. Uber solves all that for me.

Is your Uber easy to identify in LAX, I just imagine this mass amount of people trying to exit the airport. We will not be travelling to LAX until June 2020, but I would prefer Uber as well to a shuttle.

I'd had SuperShuttle booked on my own, but after a horrible experience with them this weekend, they are on my "only if there are ZERO options left" list.

Interesting - I used SuperShuttle for the first time for my trip in December with no issues, and plan to use them again for my trip this year.

Interesting - I used SuperShuttle for the first time for my trip in December with no issues, and plan to use them again for my trip this year.

It may be different in California, but they were HORRIBLE at Newark and I will never use them again - and have cancelled my reservations with them that I had.

It may be different in California, but they were HORRIBLE at Newark and I will never use them again - and have cancelled my reservations with them that I had.

Can you expand on what went wrong? I have heard a few people slam a Super Shuttle but I have never had any issues.

Can you expand on what went wrong? I have heard a few people slam a Super Shuttle but I have never had any issues.

In this case, I checked in via the link they sent me. They sent directions for where to go and wait. Within about 5 minutes I got a text with a van number and I could see it on the map at the airport - at Terminal B while I was at Terminal A. But I didn't get too worried as I've been on them when we had to go around again to get people. Well, about 5 minutes later, I got a call where the guy pretty much said "Yeah, we messed up and that van isn't available. I'm trying to find one...but it may be 45 minutes to an hour." Now, keep in mind I had made this reservation a month ago, so they knew I was coming in. I ended up going way over budget and getting a Lyft just to get home before 3am.

This was kind of their second chance. When picking up at hotels, they are very clear in what they send you that you need to be there 15 minutes ahead of time and the the van will not wait. We sat outside a hotel for 30 minutes beyond pick-up time for people who never showed. I think if the rest of us had not been on social media with SuperShuttle he would have kept waiting. I thankfully had scheduled the ride earlier than I actually needed it because I'd rather be at the airport and through security than risk missing a flight. The people I was sharing the van with...I had my fingers crossed for them. Especially since we hit traffic as well.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, never again.

Last July, Super Shuttle took 3 hours from landing to Grand California. Traffic was bad at the airport, took at least an hour to get out, then made several stops. The vans are bigger, so more people and more stops. A friend used Lyft and got there much faster for $38.

Several in our group used Lansky to and from our hotel. It was great. The driver was waiting for us when we arrived at baggage claim, and even though our plane landed late he stopped at Trader Joes on the way to the hotel. On the day of our flight home the driver picked us up right on time and got us to the airport in plenty of time, dropping us off right at the curb for check-in. It was great not to have to worry about delays with dropoffs and pickups of other parties. Others in our group used Karmel Shuttle from and to John Wayne Airport with no problems.

We have never had an issue with DRE. Always on time and it depends what hotel you are at and time of day on how long it takes. Just know they drop off at the Disney hotels first efore the good neibour hotels.

We took super shuttle once and it was a disaster with super long times and the driver kept getting pickups so we seemed to take forever to get to Disney.

All other times we just use Uber as it is always the fastest option.

I know many have had bad Super Shuttle experiences, but I can only say that last time I used them for LAX to DLR it was fantastic. Their app lets you track your ride and it took no time to fill up and leave the airport. Overall, I had a very good experience and plan to use them again for my trip in April.

If you are looking to save on your expenses to travel from LAX to DLR I would suggest considering taking the Green Line Metro from LAX to Norwalk and then Uber/Lyft to DLR? You'll first will have to take the free "G" shuttle bus from LAX to the actual metro station. From the metro station you'll each pay $1.75 east to the last stop which is Norwalk. From that location you can take Uber/Lyft to DLR. If you like you can also take a bus from the Norwalk Metro Station to DLR but I don't recommend it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
What is the average time it takes from LAX to Disney hotels? I know it depends on traffic, time of day, etc, but in general the distance and time? I’m a WDW veteran, but completely new to DL. Thank you!

What is the average time it takes from LAX to Disney hotels? I know it depends on traffic, time of day, etc, but in general the distance and time? I’m a WDW veteran, but completely new to DL. Thank you!

Like you said they are other factors to consider but in general I would say about 45-minutes.

I would also say we had a positive experience with Super Shuttle on our last visit. Really liked being able to track the driver in the app. Of course, we had 6 people in our group so they basically were only able to get one or two other groups in the shared van. If we had made a bunch more stops I would probably have been less happy.

I compared prices for our family with Lansky afterwards and was surprised how competitive they were. We might use them next time, although we will probably drive there for the rest of our AP lifetime

Drive time 45 min no traffic.
1:15-1:30 in typical rush hour traffic
2:00 in really crappy peak traffic with an accident/construction site or two (which are not at all uncommon).

So to answer your question...somewhere between 45 min and two and a half hours...welcome to LA!

We were going to use the DL transportation but ended up having to cancel because our departing flight was leaving too early and the first bus wouldn’t have gotten us to the airport on time.

We used SuperShuttle and it was great.

We used Lansky on our trip last month flying in and out of LAX. We loved it. It was a little pricey but having the private shuttle (aka family vans) both ways I think saved us a lot of time, stress and hassle. They picked us up at the airport baggage and handled our luggage for us. He walked us through the terminal to the van and then during pickup they came right to our hotel and dropped us right at the terminal. It was very convenient and the kids got to watch a movie in the van on the way to and from. All 3 of us adults felt like it was very much worth it because it would've been stressful and difficult to find our way around an airport and area we're unfamiliar with 2 kids in tow. It was just really easy and convenient. We had 3 adults and two kids so we could justify the price because we had so many of us. I would book with them again if we needed a shuttle.

We used Lansky on our trip last month flying in and out of LAX. We loved it. It was a little pricey but having the private shuttle (aka family vans) both ways I think saved us a lot of time, stress and hassle. They picked us up at the airport baggage and handled our luggage for us. He walked us through the terminal to the van and then during pickup they came right to our hotel and dropped us right at the terminal. It was very convenient and the kids got to watch a movie in the van on the way to and from. All 3 of us adults felt like it was very much worth it because it would've been stressful and difficult to find our way around an airport and area we're unfamiliar with 2 kids in tow. It was just really easy and convenient. We had 3 adults and two kids so we could justify the price because we had so many of us. I would book with them again if we needed a shuttle.

Now that is a nice perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter