Getting from here to there, Phone App, and Snack Credits!

kaybird

DIS Veteran
Sunday, day four-Up and around off to Capn’ Cooks for Tonga Toast. DS joined us yesterday, the rich lobster at Narcoosee’s, steak and Fisherman’s Pie at F&W was a shock to his system, but we rallied and headed off for more.

Capn Cook’s refurb looks good, chairs and tables now wood, and great travel posters all around. Tonga toast and bacon, then boat launch to MK. Did the full mountain ranges without FP, skipped 7DMT with the idea that later in the week we may try again for rope drop. Jungle cruise, pirates, HM, then off to the Monorail for EPCOT. Spaceship earth on the way in, then launch over to Teppan Edo.

We had a great lunch here, I know these boards talk about how it is the same as a local hibachi restaurant. We do not find that to be the case. It is much closer to the ones we ate at in Japan, and the staff is wonderful. We even enjoyed the addition of the sukiyaki rice. A rich beef broth infused rice now is served instead of the more traditional plain white rice. DH had the Shrimp and steak, I had the scallops, and DH had the Swordfish. Each meal was perfectly cooked, the chef was entertaining. We ordered one of all 3 desserts, Soft serve Green Tea Ice Cream, Green Tea Cheesecake with Raspberry sauce, and Chocolate Ginger cake. All 3 were wonderful.

Over to Studios by boat for our FP+. Another tip from park veterans. It may in some cases be quicker to walk. We walk in the parks. A lot. When it is hot, sticky, we are tired, or we have no place to be in a hurry, we take the boat from International Gateway to Studios. We arrive only a few minutes later than if we had walked, many times before, and we are rested and ready to hit it again. (We have had fun over the years timing it, both with young, older, and oldest party members;)
Studios was still giving out “Frozen Fans” Cute, with Olaf on the front and his umbrella. The Frozen Stage in front of the Hat is awesome, and we enjoyed several of the sets.

First off to single rider for Rockin’ Rollercoaster. We all love this ride, my neck prefers closer to the front, so I kind of watch the line next to me, and see where people are being assigned. Helps going with 2 others as I can switch places with them as needed. A great ride, hope I can still be riding it at 90.
ToT next, FP+ so nearly a walk on. Have enjoyed everything about this ride since it was built, and each upgrade has been awesome!

Over to Star Tours, we have FP+ for this, but line is short, so hit it a couple of times before using our FP+. This is another great example of an upgrade in rides that really worked for me! I always loved the old Star Tours, but the New scenes and changes in ride experiences means I can ride this one over and over and over and over, well, you get the idea! I have my favorite scenes, so it is always fun to see if one or more of them pop up. Think the queue is great too, could stand and watch the “TSA” scanner for much longer than the crowds behind me.

Off to Muppet labs, may just be me, but it has seemed much clearer this trip. Then a quick bop over to Animation Studios where we all drew Grumpy. (Carl from UP! Was in the mix, but I was outvoted :sad1: ) This is such a fun experience, love to get in as many trips as I can each vacation!
Toy Story Mania FP+ next. I did very badly this time. I would like to blame it on the gun, but pretty sure it was me. I’ll get those elusive flying plates next time!!!!

Want to mention that the phone app is working great for us this trip. We have Sprint, and a droid, and the last trips it has been useless, even when we were here in June. This trip, able to check it, change and make FP+ on the fly, as well as wait times, so keep a happy heart folks!!!:thumbsup2

Indiana Jones, then back over to EPCOT Food and Wine, Tried the Crispy Pork Belly with Black Beans at Brazil. WAY GREAT!!! Had heard of Crispy Pork Belly many times on Food Network, just as good as they always made it out to be. Spicy Shrimp Roll with cilantro sauce at Morocco. I loved this, a little spicy for DH, but he still enjoyed it. Made our way to the American Pavillion to check out the new Steak meal, and crab cake meal. Missed the crab cakes on the first try, they are in the “Additional Offerings” section with no picture. Both meals were great, particularly for CS!!! Had the Apple pie tart, and the Rocky Road Brownie, really good, and a nod to the Old Bay seasoned fries with the crab cakes. Remember, we are from Kansas, so any seafood is going to be better than what we get. Hanson was playing at the Eat to the Beat, didn’t listen long, and Illuminations, super as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter