Getting from AKL to YC the fastest.

Zooey72

Mouseketeer
We will be going to Disney in Sept. and had planned on our first meal being at Beaches and Cream. Well, that fell apart since it closed for refirb. Our last Deluxe stay was at AKL and we loved the bread service at Sanaa, and thought that might be a good substitute. The problem is is that AKL is out in the middle of nowhere, I talked to Disney and they said the Magical Express bus drivers 99% of the time would not have a problem with the Magical express dropping us off at AKL, and our luggage going to YC and we just check in with our phones. If it is a problem I don't mind taking the luggage with us as long as the journey back to YC is not a nightmare.

That being said, assuming there is not a problem what is the best way to get back to YC? EPCOT is closest, but I doubt the buses are very frequent since YC guests can take a boat or just walk to EPCOT. The first day is going to be a resort day, and although we have park hopper I am not going to spend money on tickets just to walk through EPCOT to get to my resort. Is there anyway to get from the front of EPCOT to the walkway w/o getting charged a day's ticket for it? Do YC buses from EPCOT even exist, and how frequent are they?

Looking at the map Disney Springs seems like the best back up. Any advice?

Thanks!

Assuming you only want to take the resort-included transportation.

Take the boat to Hollywood Studios and get on the bus from HS to AKL.
or
take the bus from YC to AK. Then get on the bus from AK to AKL.

If you're amenable to paying, get an Uber or Lyft.

We will be going to Disney in Sept. and had planned on our first meal being at Beaches and Cream. Well, that fell apart since it closed for refirb. Our last Deluxe stay was at AKL and we loved the bread service at Sanaa, and thought that might be a good substitute. The problem is is that AKL is out in the middle of nowhere, I talked to Disney and they said the Magical Express bus drivers 99% of the time would not have a problem with the Magical express dropping us off at AKL, and our luggage going to YC and we just check in with our phones. If it is a problem I don't mind taking the luggage with us as long as the journey back to YC is not a nightmare.

That being said, assuming there is not a problem what is the best way to get back to YC? EPCOT is closest, but I doubt the buses are very frequent since YC guests can take a boat or just walk to EPCOT. The first day is going to be a resort day, and although we have park hopper I am not going to spend money on tickets just to walk through EPCOT to get to my resort. Is there anyway to get from the front of EPCOT to the walkway w/o getting charged a day's ticket for it? Do YC buses from EPCOT even exist, and how frequent are they?

Looking at the map Disney Springs seems like the best back up. Any advice?

Thanks!
The person you spoke with at Disney is likely wrong - not an unusually experience. Not every bus goes to AKL. You HAVE to take the bus to the Resort your reservation is at. If that bus goes to AKL you can off. But what are the chances of that?
There are no buses from Epcot to YC. It is boat from International Gateway or walk. There is no way to walk through Epcot without using a ticket. There are no resort to resort buses.
Disney Springs or any theme park are you transfer options.
Uber/ Lyft, taxis or Minnie Van would be expensive, but are an option.

My flight got in late on our arrival day and I asked at the Magical Express check in, and explained we were going to miss our dinner reservation and asked if they could take us to the resort where our dinner was. Answer was a hard no. They will only take you to your home resort.

Also to answer you second question, you could take an uber or Minnie Van from AKL directly to YC. If you want free disney transportation, the best option would be to take the bus from AKL to Animal Kingdom park, and switch to the bus that goes from Animal Kingdom to YC, but that will take a while. You do not have use a park ticket to switch buses at AK

I’m not sure if this applies to your situation as I couldn’t exactly follow your plan, but where you say “take the luggage with us” caught my eye. FYI, luggage is not allowed on Disney buses. DME yes, park/resort buses (and monorail/boats), no. Backpacks/park appropriate bags are OK, but roll-on/wheeled luggage won’t normally fly.

The problem is is that AKL is out in the middle of nowhere,
just FYI, it's really not. Magic Kingdom is most remote from everything except the five adjacent resorts.
I talked to Disney and they said the Magical Express bus drivers 99% of the time would not have a problem with the Magical express dropping us off at AKL
It's not the driver's call. You get assigned to a DME bus inside the terminal when you check in, based on your resort reservation.
Is there anyway to get from the front of EPCOT to the walkway w/o getting charged a day's ticket for it?
No, there is not. You could bus to DHS if it's still open, then walk or boat to YC; otherwise, transfer at Disney Springs.. Or use Lyft, Über, or MinnieVan. Or a taxi. Or any of the four directly from the airport to AKL. Or a car service.

Depending what time you get in, you have some options. Take Uber, cab or Minnie Van from Yacht Club as already suggested. If you have more time & want Disney transportation, you can take the boat or walk to Disney Studios. From there catch an AKL bus. You could also take a bus to Animal Kingdom & then catch a bus to AKL. Those 2 options depend on DS & AK being open of course. If it is after hours, you would need to transfer at Disney Springs if you want Disney transportation.

Epcot wouldn’t be an option. And Magic Kingdom would take you out of your way.

Thanks for the great advice guys!

My wife and I have been planning this for a while for the kids, and we had it pictured a certain way.... and the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream was a big part of it, or at least it was a great way to start our vacation. It was supposed to be a surprise when they came out with the kitchen sink with all the craziness. Sanaa was something we did recently and the bread service was amazing, but a distant second.

It seems to be too much of a pain for our 'relax resort day' to jump around the resorts to find something exceptional. The kids will have to content themselves with Storm Along Bay and Hurricane Hannah's (ya, like they are really going w/o lol). In terms of a Beaches and Cream like kind of experience I think Pecos Bills big Nacho thing might be a good option.

This will be our fist time at YC, do any of you have any suggestions as to how to 'plus' our stay?

There is no way to get through Epcot without using a ticket. Agreed that DME is simply not going to drop you off at AK and you need to board the ME bus going to YC.

If you're not up for the trek to AK there are lots of nice dining options around the Boardwalk, especially at the Swolphin!

It seems to be too much of a pain for our 'relax resort day' to jump around the resorts to find something exceptional. The kids will have to content themselves with Storm Along Bay and Hurricane Hannah's (ya, like they are really going w/o lol). In terms of a Beaches and Cream like kind of experience I think Pecos Bills big Nacho thing might be a good option.

This will be our fist time at YC, do any of you have any suggestions as to how to 'plus' our stay?

You will be within just a few minutes walk from the other EP area resorts. All are fair game for restaurants since they are only steps away.
Boardwalk, of course BC, and also Swan/Dolphin. (Note: Swan/Dolphin do not participate in the Dining Plan, but they are arguably better restaurants to pay out of pocket for.)
Ample Hills on the Boardwalk is fantastic if you like ice cream - mildly fancy.
Fountain at Dolphin is a ice cream shop/diner food vibe with crazy sundaes - one has a whole slice of apple pie in it, I believe.
Fuel at Dolphin is a snack/sandwich/coffee shop, with a self serve froyo station (pay by the oz) with toppings a la Red Mango. Last time we were there, there was a "Dole Whip" flavor, and it was DARNED good.

There's a Mini Golf Course VERY close.

Last edited:

My wife and I have been planning this for a while for the kids, and we had it pictured a certain way.... and the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream was a big part of it, or at least it was a great way to start our vacation. It was supposed to be a surprise when they came out with the kitchen sink with all the craziness. Sanaa was something we did recently and the bread service was amazing, but a distant second.

There are lots of fun things for the kids to do at the pool in the afternoon. The Y&B thread has the current recreation page with all the different activities listed. Check page 1, Dee keeps the website up to date & lots of posters there with current information. There are paid activities like ceramics, make your own T-shirt’s, etc. plus free things like the nightly movies. Have a great time! This is the link to the activities, hope it works.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-information-questions.3400342/#post-53451045

Last edited:

I don't think they do the "secret" nachos at Pecos Bill anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter