• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting Free SUPERPASSES/VIP PASSES FOR DVC PRESENTATION?

Drew Perri

Mouseketeer
Since you guys have been so gracious in answering all my questions I figured I'd keep them coming.
I heard something on youtube about sitting through a 30-45 Min presentation for DVC Timeshare to receive 3 or so Anypass/ superpass/ vip fastpass (whatever you wanna call them) tickets per person in you party.

Does anyone have more info or actual experience with this? I have read something on how it works at WDW but haven't seen much about it on here.

If I am there 5 days can i sit through it 5 times, or can i sit through it once and get passes for me and my gf and then have her go a different day and get them again?

I imagine investing 30 plus minutes to get 3 passes to board any ride at anytime is totally worth it right?

Thanks in advance

For me, I wouldn't want to take the time away from the parks to sit through the presentation just for FPs. Since you're planning on getting MP anyway, I'm not sure that the time away from the parks would be worth just 3 FPs each. Don't underestimate the power of MP -- when used efficiently, it can help you get a LOT done each day. I just can't imagine myself sitting/squirming through a timeshare presentation and looking at my watch while thinking the whole time that I could be back in the parks! By the way, every timeshare presentation I've ever done has been much longer than 30 minutes. For that amount of time away from the parks, I would rather be in a restaurant having a TS meal!

For me, I wouldn't want to take the time away from the parks to sit through the presentation just for FPs. Since you're planning on getting MP anyway, I'm not sure that the time away from the parks would be worth 3 FPs each. Don't underestimate the power of MP -- when used efficiently, it can help you get a LOT done each day. I just can't imagine myself sitting/squirming through a timeshare presentation and looking at my watch while thinking the whole time that I could be back in the parks! By the way, every timeshare presentation I've ever done has been much longer than 30 minutes. For that amount of time away from the parks, I would rather be in a restaurant having a TS meal!
even though ill be there 5 days? 30 mins might not be bad haha

Last edited by a moderator:
even though ill be there 5 days? 30 mins might not be bad haha

Do you actually have any intention of buying a DVC membership? If not, why waste that time and the CM's time when you could be in the parks? Just for 3 FPs that you could easily make up using MP? When the return times are short or when you book FPs while on a break by the pool (which you can do if you've already gone through the turnstiles that day), you can easily have 3 FPs waiting to go on the app. And you'll have used those 30+ minutes dining somewhere or lounging by the pool or shopping or riding other rides... I don't know about you, but those things sound like a lot more fun to me than sitting through a timeshare presentation for something I have no intention of buying,

Last edited:

I could only see it worth while if you arrive on a day where you were not planning on going into the park. Then you can see the presentation and stock away the multi pass.

At 5 days you’ll have plenty of time to pull normal FPs multiple times. No way would I sit through a 45 min timeshare presentation for 3 anytime Disneyland/CA Adventure fastpasses. (I did do a phone DVC timeshare tour of 10 mins while sitting at home that was offered to Visa cardholders last year and got a $40 gift certificate. That I could justify.) Do it repeatedly? No. They input ALL your info in the system. At least on the one I did after I did the “tour” I wasn’t eligible to receive anything again for like the next year.

I don't think it would be worth your time. They're going to shuttle you off to the DVC sales center, which at the moment is surrounded by a complete construction site. You're in their van, so you're a completely captive audience. The presentation may be 45 minutes - add to that transportation and whatever small talk before the presentation, then all of the awkward chatter "we need to think about it, we're just not sure right now," to get yourself out of the sale that you were never really interested in.... you're looking at no less than 1.5 hours.

Like others have said, if you're there for 5 days, you should have no problem getting FPs for whatever you want, and the DVC 3 freebies are unnecessary. Do this only if you're very bored (you are there for 5 days, and if you're used to WDW, you may find yourself getting everything done in the first 3 then asking "what should I do?") and plan it like right before lunchtime so you could use hunger as an excuse to get out of there, then walk to nearby Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace for lunch.

With all the other things to do in the parks, in the DLR area, even within relatively easy driving distance (without a car you could still use Uber/Lyft/taxi), how bored could you possibly be that doing a timeshare presentation for FPs you won't need for a timeshare you don't really want to buy looks like a better option than, oh, say: dining at BB, CCR, Carnation Cafe, or off site at the Anaheim Packing District, The Original Pancake House, etc.; shopping in DTD, at South Coast Plaza, at Fashion Island; a day at Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach; a game at Angels Stadium; a session at the VOID in DTD; the list goes on and on.

As PPs have said - it'll be longer than 45 minutes. I've never been to a timeshare presentation that lasted less than 90, and they often hit two hours and longer. But even if you inexplicably enjoy it the first time, they won't let you do it more than once, certainly not five days in a row.

It's only 3 passes...for your group of 2 that is only one ride and then an extra pass one of you could use. That is not worth that much time out of your vacation. And Time Shares are pushy and not likely to let you leave without a lot of negotiating. As others said just pay the extra $10 each for Max Pass if you are so worried about getting on the rides with less waiting.

I will say I've done a DVC one-on-one meeting and they are the furthest thing from pushy and high-pressure. It was quite pleasant and enjoyable, and it lasted exactly as long as I wanted it to last. I could leave at any time.

As others have mentioned, if you have multiple days of Maxpass, you will be able to ride every ride that offers Maxpass multiple times. You will not have any need for additional FPs. That makes the presentation, no matter how short and pleasant, an unnecessary waste of time.

On our most recent trip we each had an anytime/any ride FP associated with our hotel stay. It actually seemed like an effort to use it because we were able to get so many FP with MP. We ended up using it during early entry when the line for RSR had already reached 30 minutes. If you aren't familiar with the MP system, I would spend 30 minutes learning everything you can about it before spending 30 minutes (or 2 hours) at a time share presentation. For example, we rode Goofy Sky School. As soon as we scanned into the FP line I got FP for Soarin. Well, when we were done with Goofy Sky School, my kids really wanted to ride it again. FP times for Goofy Sky School were immediate, so I cancelled the Soarin, got Goofy, then got Soarin again as soon as they scanned into the ride. Rode twice in a row with no wait, simply because I understood the MP system.

We did the DVC tour a couple of years ago, low pressure and did only take about 30 minutes. We received 3 fast passes for each member of my family for a total of 12, plus a $100 Disney Gift Card. The 12 fast passes were hard for us to use (1 kid wasn't big enough for a lot of the rides) and ended up giving them away. If your intent is to get something free I'd say pass, but if you are truly interested in DVC it would not hurt to listen to their presentation.

I was given gift cards also. This was a while back, but I'm almost certain they gave exH and I both a $100 gift card. We were considering DVC at the time, so it was worth it to us. It was more than a 30-45 minute presentation though - by the time they picked us up, gave us a tour, went through the presentation, and took us back to our hotel, it was probably 2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter