Getting Disney Reward Points renting ECV

ajcrusher

Earning My Ears
My DH & I will be heading to WDW in November (our first trip without the kids :thumbsup2) and we just got a Disney Chase rewards card. I use an ecv in the parks due to severe arthritis in both knees. Will we get reward points if we use our Disney card to rent the ecv? It's not a big deal if we don't but we'll be taking our first cruise next November and wanted to rack up all the points we could get for that trip. Thanks!

I don't see why not. You get points for all purchases. If they give additional points for
Disney purchases the rental is from Disney, not an outside vendor.

However, you will save a lot of money (much more than the rewards value) if you rent from off-site.

You will earn Reward Points for any purchases made with the Disney Visa credit card, regardless of location. However, those points will not be immediately available even if you are on-site at WDW -- points cannot be transferred to a Rewards Redemption Card until they have posted to your account, and they do not post to your account until the statement date. So unless your statement date falls during your vacation, you'll only have points to use that were earned prior to then. You will want to request your Rewards Card probably a month or 6 weeks prior to your trip, but more points can easily be transferred to it by phone or online immediately prior (or during) as long as they have posted to your account.

And as Cheshire Figment noted...it will be a less expensive rental off-site, plus you can use it to/from the parks and around your resort. Check out the FAQ sticky for off-site rental locations. If you still wish to rent at the parks, please know that they frequently run out by mid-morning so you'll want to arrive early.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks everyone. We are looking at other companies to rent from but usually just rent from Disney just for the convenience factor. We usually arrive at RD or soon after and haven't had trouble getting one. Of course now that I've said that, I will next time we go. :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind getting an ecv from another company since we are planning to go to DTD and to look around a couple of resorts and those are pretty problematic for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter