Getting DAS outside of Park

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
Curious if there is anywhere outside of a park (hotel, Disney springs, etc..) that we can get a DAS. We will be arriving in the afternoon with no park planned on the first day. I was thinking it’d save us some park time to go get the DAS that day rather than taking up park time the next day.

No. DAS is only available at the parks.

Sometimes it is possible to get the DAS at the guest services counter that is outside a park entrance, but often they will refer you to guest services inside the park. If they aren't very busy outside the park it may be possible. I don't know what the likihood is now with covid though in terms of if it is more or less likely than pre-covid, hopefully someone can comment on that.

Curious if there is anywhere outside of a park (hotel, Disney springs, etc..) that we can get a DAS. We will be arriving in the afternoon with no park planned on the first day. I was thinking it’d save us some park time to go get the DAS that day rather than taking up park time the next day.
you might and that is a big might at the Guest Service window outside the park but if you are looking at a child, and they would have to be with you, going to handle seeing the Park and not going in? in my family that would be a big meltdown and not sure it would be worth that for the time saved

Thank you both! It’s for my husband so no worries about melt downs (I hope!). We can swing into one of the parks the evening before and see what they say. No big deal if they can’t, we have no real plans for arrival day so worth a try.

I find latter in the day when they are less busy they tend to be able to do the DAS more. but they do need a specific iPad to do the das with so it depends on if they have it or not.

We were there a month ago and tried the same thing. We visited Guest Services outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot the day before our first park day. Got a DAS with no problems.
This is great to hear! We have a rest day planned for our first day & we are staying at Pop Century so we were planning on taking the skyliner to Epcot's International Gateway in the afternoon to get a DAS set up for my sister.

We were there a month ago and tried the same thing. We visited Guest Services outside the International Gateway entrance to Epcot the day before our first park day. Got a DAS with no problems.

I had the same experience the last time I was there in October of last year. Stayed at the Swan, and went to the guest services outside IG at Epcot with no problem getting the DAS.

This is great to hear! We have a rest day planned for our first day & we are staying at Pop Century so we were planning on taking the skyliner to Epcot's International Gateway in the afternoon to get a DAS set up for my sister.
only problem I could see with your plan is how will your sister react to being that close to a park and not going into the park. that would be a problem with all of my grandkids

only problem I could see with your plan is how will your sister react to being that close to a park and not going into the park. that would be a problem with all of my grandkids

LOL that would be a problem for *me*, and I'm an (alleged) grown-up adult! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter