• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting back to Fort Wilderness after MK fireworks?

Gatordad815

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We will be arriving at Fort Wilderness with our 2 & 4 year old on a Friday next month. Our kids have never seen the MK fireworks from inside the park bc we are typically back at our hotel by 3PM & don't venture back out. Given the fact we will be on-site a short boat ride away I'm considering talking them over just for the fireworks the night we arrive.

My question: if we leave immediately after fireworks is it going to be a very difficult experience getting back to fort wilderness or are the boats back pretty quick? I'd love to take the kids, but if it means standing in a line for an hour to catch a boat back at 10PM I may save it for another day. Any stories of personal experiences going back to the Fort post-fireworks appreciated! Thanks!

everyone in the park has the same plan, no mater what there will be a long line, even to walk out of the park, is a better plan to stay afterwards, for about one hour and then leave

The FW boats are not usually as busy as the buses and monorail.
I wouldn't expect to wait for more than 1 maybe 2 boats. Maybe about 30-40 minutes tops.
Usually when I have gotten to the boats at the end of the night I might have had the boat that was loading be full but was always abel to get on the next boat.
If it does look like a large crowd you can always walk over the CR and take the launch from there to FW. It is about 10-15 minute walk to the CR dock and then if you just miss the launch you might have to wait another 15-20 minutes so it may be about even to waiting for the MK to FW boat.

We had to wait for the 3rd boat when we were last there - probably depends on the park crowds that day. If you can handle it, perhaps visiting Magic Kingdom on the extra hours day will afford you time to visit more attractions/shops and let the crowds disperse a little.

Hi all! We will be arriving at Fort Wilderness with our 2 & 4 year old on a Friday next month. Our kids have never seen the MK fireworks from inside the park bc we are typically back at our hotel by 3PM & don't venture back out. Given the fact we will be on-site a short boat ride away I'm considering talking them over just for the fireworks the night we arrive.

My question: if we leave immediately after fireworks is it going to be a very difficult experience getting back to fort wilderness or are the boats back pretty quick? I'd love to take the kids, but if it means standing in a line for an hour to catch a boat back at 10PM I may save it for another day. Any stories of personal experiences going back to the Fort post-fireworks appreciated! Thanks!
We've had no problem exiting to boats immediately after fireworks. Getting out of MK is the hard part. Once you've done that, lining up for a boat is easy. Once we sailed right by the Electric Water Pageant on our way out. That one was to Wilderness Lodge, though.

Here's an anecdotal story for you.

We stayed at WL on our most recent trip. Its boat stops at the same dock as the FW boat, just the opposite side.

I was at MK on 5/11, which was the last day of Wishes. The park was completely insane. I left immediately after the fireworks (having watched from near the back of the park) and hopped on a waiting boat. The driver sat for several minutes, waiting for more people to board. There was a FW boat doing the same. We left with the boat half full and I stepped onto the dock at WL at 9:31 PM (I looked at my watch).

It was an awesome ride. The only thing more convenient would have been if I'd stayed at CR and walked. The boats to WL and FW can't be beat, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter