Getting a studio room at Christmas, is it difficult?

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
My family and I have decided that next year in lieu of Christmas we were going to go to Disney. We want to make the holiday about family instead of presents, which makes me so ecstatic! When I went on yesterday to see how many points etc I would need for the two studios needed, I realized that this may be way more difficult to get the rooms than I originally had thought. Can anyone lend any insight on exactly how hard this will be? We would like to go a few days before Christmas and stay a few days after. Will I have to walk the reservation? Will I just be able to wait until after the first two weeks of December are booked and then try? I really want to try to make this happen. Ideally, we would like to stay at Boardwalk standard view if possible. Thank you for your wisdom!

Is BW your home resort? I don't own there but recall frequently reading that the standards are tougher to book simply because they are lower points. So just with that it might be difficult to get 2 standard studios for Christmas time trip-- hopefully someone else can chime in as to how quickly those would go at the 11 month mark. You would likely have a much better chance to get a pool or BW view, but it would cost more points.

Last edited:
The higher point cost makes Christmas Day easier to book. In fact, that one day is often still available for quite a while.

Is BW your home resort? I don't own there but recall frequently reading that the standards are tougher to book simply because they are lower points. So just with that it might be difficult to get 2 standard studios for Christmas time trip-- hopefully someone else can chime in as to how quickly those would go at the 11 month mark. You would likely have a much better chance to get a pool or BW view, but it would cost more points.
Yes, BWV is one of our home resorts. I would be using the 11 month booking window. It seems that some walking is going on to get the first couple of days in December. I am more specifically asking about the week of Christmas, maybe the 22nd to the 27th time frame.

If you are making the reservation right at the 11 month mark I do not think you will have trouble getting the two studios in standard view. We've done two Christmas trips - the last one being 3 years ago at BWV in a standard view. The one before that we actually booked BWV at 11 months and then changed to BLT at 7 months. We had the same time frame a- a few days before Christmas we arrived and then stayed for several days after. Both were fantastic trips!! So much fun!! Crowded - yes, but filled with great memories!!

Because NYE is a very tough get at BWV for all views (even at 11 months), you might run into some walkers. If your dates aren't available when the window opens, keep checking. You will have a good chance of picking up the nights you want after the walkers pass on by. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter