Getting a room request for a standard room at Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Thank you! So are most the standard studios close to the pool?
Yes, however, there are some standard view studios on the other side of the lobby down Kudu trail. There’s a sky bridge between Zebra and Kudu trails on the 5th floor that spans the lobby which I find very convenient if I’m staying on Kudu trail.

Realize that there is now a room booking category at AKL Jambo for pool view which costs more than a standard view room but less than savanna view.

This was the case during our 2016 stay. We just got upgraded from a standard view to pool view. It was lovely!

Yes, however, there are some standard view studios on the other side of the lobby down Kudu trail. There’s a sky bridge between Zebra and Kudu trails on the 5th floor that spans the lobby which I find very convenient if I’m staying on Kudu trail.
Thank you!

We've stayed at AKL twice with a standard view. The first time, when we checked in they had us in a parking lot view room (I had requested a partial savannah view room), but when I asked nicely she looked and switched us to a partial view room. It was a perfect location, 2nd floor and not far from the lobby. The 2nd trip, I had requested partial view and near my parents who were traveling with us, and we got both. We had a great view and were right next door to them. We were on the 3rd floor which was nice (same floor as the lobby) but it was a long walk to the lobby. We were only there for 2 nights so we didn't mind. It was more important to me for us to have a good view.

We're going back in June, as DVC members now. We've booked a savannah view and it's nice not to have to worry about what view we'll get this time.

We always request Zebra trail at AKL. The restaurants are all off the lobby on this side of the resort, as is the pool. The buses are out front and down to the left (if you’re leaving the lobby) so that’s probably the farthest thing but we didn’t mind the walk. There are nice windows all along the way to the room that overlook the savannah so it kind of breaks up the walk. The standard rooms we’ve gotten on that side all had at least a partial savannah view. We leave our request as “zebra trail” only rather than specifying anything further.
Is this a special request you made via phone or is zebra trail an option at online check in? Thanks so much!

Is this a special request you made via phone or is zebra trail an option at online check in? Thanks so much!
This is not a request you can make via online check-in. You'll need to call MS, use Chat, or email to ask them to add it to your reservation.

I requested close to lobby and got a room facing the porte cochere. Wasn’t as noisy as I expected it to be. I actually enjoyed watching people come and go from my balcony.

AKL standard if you want close to the lobby request exactly that and chances are you will get it. Those rooms are the least likely to have a partial savannah view but there are some but those are only above the checkin desks. If you want a partial savanna request one of the 2 main trails but you will/may have a longer walk.
The rooms closest to the restaurants are near the main elevator bank opposite the checkin desk which are also the majority of the pool view rooms. The Best room we had was above the checkin desk as it was a partial savanna and close to everything. The best views we had were farther away opposite the pool views where you could see the tower of terror and fireworks in the distance also a partial savanna. There are also some rooms caddy corner to the outer elevator banks… this means a wall will be next to the elevator… ask to move before you set foot in the room 😂. The better savanna views will be a walk and sometimes a long walk but worth it to us. The best advice I have is if you plan on going to the parks everyday and most of the day stay somewhere else… AKL is one of the best resorts if not the best to spend time at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter