Getting a good price on Tokyo Disney hotels?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Still an aspirational trip at the moment, but whenever I've looked at prices for the MiraCosta (where I'd like to stay), the availability seems very limited and only expensive rooms left.

Is there a knack to getting a good price, something to do with the timing?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The Disney hotels have seasonal pricing (here's an example: http://www.disneyhotels.jp/english/reserve/dhm_price_e.html) so the only way I know to get a "good" rate is by when you visit.

MiraCosta gets booked immediately when the booking window opens. However, once the cancellation window hits, there's a good chance of availability opening up.

For the one time I got to stay at MiraCosta, it was by booking a "backup" room elsewhere and then cancelling/switching once there was MC availability.

Still an aspirational trip at the moment, but whenever I've looked at prices for the MiraCosta (where I'd like to stay), the availability seems very limited and only expensive rooms left.

Is there a knack to getting a good price, something to do with the timing?

Nothing can be done about price but you need to be online as soon as the reservations open to snap up a room. They often go within seconds.

Nothing can be done about price but you need to be online as soon as the reservations open to snap up a room. They often go within seconds.
When do they open up, e.g. how far out and what time of day?

When do they open up, e.g. how far out and what time of day?

They open up six months from the day at 9:00am Tokyo time. I spent several days practicing my booking strategy to reduce the amount of time it would take me (and made a bit of a table ranking the rooms and subsequent prices I was prepared to pay for each room). I did ok and got what I wanted but the entire hotel booked up within about a minute. You have to be online at that specific point. You also have to be fast and know what you're after and maybe have a couple of back ups. My theory is snap it up, book it and then think later. Can always cancel online.

They open up six months from the day at 9:00am Tokyo time. I spent several days practicing my booking strategy to reduce the amount of time it would take me (and made a bit of a table ranking the rooms and subsequent prices I was prepared to pay for each room). I did ok and got what I wanted but the entire hotel booked up within about a minute. You have to be online at that specific point. You also have to be fast and know what you're after and maybe have a couple of back ups. My theory is snap it up, book it and then think later. Can always cancel online.

I just returned from Tokyo Disney. March 18 and 19. I booked both the Ambassador and the MiraCosta a few days before with no problem. Be aware that if you book and then cancel that you may have to pay a penalty. I originally booked The Ambssador and then changed my mind…I called the hotel directly and she noted that she would wave the penalty…then I called Internet support the next day to reaffirm my cancelation. They are very understanding of non-japanese visitors especially Americans…I then booked the Tokyo Hilton and then changed my mind again and booked The Ambassador and The MiraCosta….They had rooms no problem all ya need is $600+ night. It turned out to be the best thing I did. Tokyo Disneyland ,the service the parks, the restaurants and the Japanese people will blow your mind!!! hands down the gem of all things Disney. You will love it all. When you stay at MiraCosta you get into the parks exactly 20 minutes before the public…but I lined up at 7am for a 7:40 opening and there were many people ahead of me. Also make sure you book a room that faces the main Lagoon (they are the most expensive but that was all that was available).glad I did. They have an unbelievable Fantasmic show after they close the park solely for hotel guests. I watched it from my room. Here's a film I made of my stay. Once in a lifetime treat not to be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIFx6gvqfys

So for a multi night stay do you need to make separate reservations day by day as they're released?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter