Getting a BG for only part of my family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevlar10

Mouseketeer
I have been skimming through the RotR thread and haven’t been able to find an answer to a few questions. Frankly, the thread has become too big.
My wife doesn’t like to get up early to rope drop and my DD5 is too small to ride. All 5 of us are registered on my MDE. Is this like the FP system where I can pick who will be on the BG with me and do I have to do this after I start trying to get a BG or can I do this earlier? If I have to wait to add members, I’m sure that delay will prevent me from getting a BG.
Ive also read that there is a way to “practice” getting a BG. How do you go that? Do you just go on the MDE at opening time from anywhere?
We have our our trip booked for November and my two sons are big SW fans. We are only planning 5 park days without PHs. If we don’t get on RotR on the first DHS day, honestly, we won’t want to go back for a second day just to try to get a BG. If you have experienced a similar issue, any feedback would be appreciated.

You don’t need to read the entire thread. If you took the time to read just post one, it answers all the questions you just asked.

You will get very specific answers if you post this on the RotR thread. There are people on there who have been on top of this from day 1 and will be able to give you the best, most up-to-date info.

I will try to answer but some of the wording in your question confuses me. No, you don’t have to get a BG for the whole family. To get a boarding pass you go into the app, tap join boarding group, on the next window you are prompted to select which members you are requesting a BG for.
If I have to wait to add members, I’m sure that delay will prevent me from getting a BG.
I’m not sure what you mean by the above. Everyone has to add members when joining BG. You’ll be in the same boat as everyone else.

Yes you can practice. At park open launch the app and play around to get a feel for it. You can do this from home. You can get through all the steps up to actually receiving a BG.

I have been skimming through the RotR thread and haven’t been able to find an answer to a few questions. Frankly, the thread has become too big.
My wife doesn’t like to get up early to rope drop and my DD5 is too small to ride. All 5 of us are registered on my MDE. Is this like the FP system where I can pick who will be on the BG with me and do I have to do this after I start trying to get a BG or can I do this earlier? If I have to wait to add members, I’m sure that delay will prevent me from getting a BG.
Ive also read that there is a way to “practice” getting a BG. How do you go that? Do you just go on the MDE at opening time from anywhere?
We have our our trip booked for November and my two sons are big SW fans. We are only planning 5 park days without PHs. If we don’t get on RotR on the first DHS day, honestly, we won’t want to go back for a second day just to try to get a BG. If you have experienced a similar issue, any feedback would be appreciated.
read post 1 and 2 and if you don't find your answer there then you can post it on the appropriate thread. Closing this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter