"Get your elbows off the table!!!" A marathon weekend TR completed 3/22

So funny that your Grandma rode Test Track but sat out for the Mine Train. It's such a simple ride! I have to agree with you that I wish it was longer but it's such a well done ride.

I miss those castle lights right now! I don't think I would mind the cold we are having here in GA so much if I could see that site out my window each night.

Can't wait to see your pictures of the MSEP!

So funny that your Grandma rode Test Track but sat out for the Mine Train. It's such a simple ride! I have to agree with you that I wish it was longer but it's such a well done ride.

I miss those castle lights right now! I don't think I would mind the cold we are having here in GA so much if I could see that site out my window each night.

Can't wait to see your pictures of the MSEP!
Yeah I told her it wasn't that bad but I think she was worried about the swinging cars. I told her they don't seing that much but she sat out. I think it was mainly because she was tired.

I agree if I could see that castle every day I wouldn't care what the temperature outside is. Currently it's like -7 here in wisconsin.

Just finished getting all of the photos done last night so I should be getting them up in a day or two.

It's been a long busy week. I hope to get some updates going this weekend. School, sports, and the ACT are really preventing me from this report. They should know what's most important. :D

I think its time for something new...

We were standing there waiting and they opened the doors for the parade to start. The music started but no floats were coming. After a couple minutes they closed the doors and still nothing. Then finally about 10 minutes after it was supposed to start it finally did.

Continued in next post...

Part 2

I don't know what it is but this has always been my favorite float in the Main Street Electrical parade. Pete's Dragon, I am also excited to see the remake that disney is producing of this movie.

Okay, while I love the MSEP I think it is time for something new or a refresh. The floats looked like they needs a refurb or something, not all of the lights were working on all the floats and it just looked kind of sad. I know that many people say this is a really high maintenance parade and it is really old, thats why I think its time for something new.

Up Next: YeeHaw!

YeeHaw!

After our long day in the Magic Kingdom we headed back to POR. My grandparents stayed in the room while my Aunt, Uncle and I decided to go get our mugs filled and they got some alcoholic drinks from the lounge. Well it was Saturday so Yeehaw Bob was playing. If you don't know who he is or have never seen him I highly suggest going to see him.

We sat there for probably a half hour to 45 minutes listening to him and singing along well at least I was. He really brings in a large enthusiastic crowd. We headed back to the room after that and went to sleep as we had one more full day ahead of us.

Up Next: Rain and Runners.

Your FoF pictures are so beautiful! I swear, I can't get enough of that parade. It's literally so beautiful I just can't even! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

The castle with the dream lights is so stunning. What a treat that they extended it's lighting ceremony!

Your FoF pictures are so beautiful! I swear, I can't get enough of that parade. It's literally so beautiful I just can't even! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

The castle with the dream lights is so stunning. What a treat that they extended it's lighting ceremony!
I know I love that parade!

Seeing the lights in person is so much better than seeing them in pictures.

Love your pictures of the MSEP! :love: Although I do find it weird that the Tinkerbell float was first. I have seen that before but it's usually the one with the parade name on it that comes out first. I have such fond memories of that parade from my childhood. I even had the song on record and used to play it over and over. I'm sure my parents loved that one! Too bad it's looking worn out. I do know they test all of the lights every day (KTTK tour again) so I wonder what was going on that night.

Love your pictures of the MSEP! :love: Although I do find it weird that the Tinkerbell float was first. I have seen that before but it's usually the one with the parade name on it that comes out first. I have such fond memories of that parade from my childhood. I even had the song on record and used to play it over and over. I'm sure my parents loved that one! Too bad it's looking worn out. I do know they test all of the lights every day (KTTK tour again) so I wonder what was going on that night.
I like the parade but I think it's time for a refresh at least. Looking at what Disneyland is getting for their night time parade they could at least update ours a little bit. I couldn't figure out why it started late probably some type of mechanical or electrical problem but it was odd.

Rain and Runners

We are now onto our last full day in WDW. It was also probably our most relaxed day we had. We were in Hollywood Studios just after 9:45 am. Upon arriving we saw the runner coming through for the full.

Lots of people were out cheering on the runners with noise makers and signs it was really cool seeing it all. The tree was also still out which was another cool sight, loved the movie/film decor.

We got in and had to head to a cross walk section because of the runners. I will say its really cool how they operate during the races. You have thousands of runners on top of having thousands of people in the parks.

This would be my last official time seeing the hat ever because as we now know it is gone. It was also lightly raining at this point.

Our first order of business would be the Hollywood Tower of Terror, a first for me. Yes I know, a Disney nerd who had not been on ToT before, crazy right?

My Grandma and Grandpa would both sit this one out. We were in quickly with our FP. The three of us with our packer gear on are sitting in the back.

After our great ride on ToT My uncle and I headed to RnRc which had a 20 minute wait. My aunt decided to sit this one out and went to get some coffee with my grandparents.

RnRc was great as always. We met up with everyone else, waited for them to finish their drinks and headed to Star Tours for our next FP+. The rain had stopped but it was still cloudy.

We arrived for our 11:15 FP+ on Star Tours. My grandma sat out this as well.

My Aunt ended up being the Rebel Spy which was fun. We called her that for the rest of the day.

Up next was our final FP+ for the day which was TSMM.

More runners, you're almost finished you got this!

The backlot tour that is no more...

I ended up winning from our group of people. My grandma also sat this one out. TSMM is always fun but not fun enough to wait over an hour in my opinion.

Last hat picture for me ever as we headed out after this. I will miss it but, I also like the view of the Chinese theater down the street.

Up Next: Go Pack Go and a lot of runners!

Sounds like a fun day despite the rain!

I'm glad you finally got to experience TOT, it's a great ride. You look a bit scared in the ride photo. :rotfl:

I can't ride RnRC or Star Tours anymore :sad1: RnRC is just too rough (getting old I think) and ever since Star Tours went 3D it makes me really sick.

I have mixed feelings too about the hat being gone. I know I was at HS before the hat was there but I don't really remember it. That area is going to look so bare the next time I go but it will be nice to actually see the theater.

Sounds like a fun day despite the rain!

I'm glad you finally got to experience TOT, it's a great ride. You look a bit scared in the ride photo. :rotfl:

I can't ride RnRC or Star Tours anymore :sad1: RnRC is just too rough (getting old I think) and ever since Star Tours went 3D it makes me really sick.

I have mixed feelings too about the hat being gone. I know I was at HS before the hat was there but I don't really remember it. That area is going to look so bare the next time I go but it will be nice to actually see the theater.
It was a great day and it's only half over.

ToT was not that bad, I am not a person who likes drop rides so that's why I was hesitant.

I'm glad some work is finally getting done at DHS.

GO Pack GO and a lot of runners

Just after noon we headed out of DHS to go to the boardwalk. Since the race was still going we couldn't take the boat as planned but could take a bus. On the bus we were talking to someone also head to the boardwalk and to our specific destination ESPN Club and they said it was over an hour wait. We headed to see it anyways. This was a playoff day for the NFL and our home team Packers were still in it facing the Dallas Cowboys, everyone wanted to watch the game so since we were at DHS I thought ESPN would be the best and quickest spot. It really was quite crowded and we ended up not even going inside the restaurant but rather sitting on the bleachers and at a table they had set up outside with a TV.

TV was on the left and the line to get in on the right. They also had a full bar set up outside as well. Most of the people outside were runners who had just finished the marathon, goofy or dopey challenges. All three of those events are on my bucket list for the future.

This is a picture behind where we were sitting of the people sitting on the bleachers. This also was the sunniest and warmest day of our trip so that was really nice.

We ended up siting next to a group of runners from Wisconsin and a nearby city to where we live. My grandma got to know them a little bit.

So it also so happened that the DIS crew was staying at the boardwalk the day we were there. If you don't know the people who run the boards also do a weekly podcast called the Disunplugged something I watch regularly. They do a live video or audio version every week. I suggest listening or watching if you don't do so already. With that they do a 7 resorts in 7 days series, this day was the day they were doing the boardwalk. While I was watching I had some interesting things pop up.

In the first photo you can't really see us but we are sitting on the first bench of the bleachers over there. These are screenshots from the Boardwalk episode of the podcast.

In the next photo you'll see My uncle and I standing in line at the Boardwalk Bakery. If i would've just turned around I would've seen the guys filming the video!

And in the last photo my uncle is standing in the pizza line ordering us a pizza for lunch.

Crazy right? Ive always wanted to meet the guys from the podcast and here was my chance oh well next time i guess.

GO Pack GO! and a lot of runners Part 2

Well now that I missed my chance of meeting the DIS people I will continue my report.

My uncle got me a Mickey Pretzel while waiting for the Pizza since I had been wanting one the entire trip.

This is what we got at the bakery.

After that I went to use the bathroom at the Boardwalk (really trying to find the DIS guys because I knew they were there but no luck). I decided to walk around and get some pictures of things as well.

I love the resorts in this area. I have not stayed at any of them except the Dolphin in 2012. The Dolphin was nice but didn't give me that disney feel. The boardwalk would be really fun to stay at in the future. Speaking of the future I will most likely be going back for marathon weekend in 2016 with my other grandma!

Up next: Get your Elbows off the Table!!!

Looks like grandma is giving TOT the thumbs down in that first PP picture. :rotfl:

Very cool of ESPN to set up those bleachers for everyone to watch the playoffs. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA so of course I've always been and always will be a Steeler fan. But since they were out of the playoffs at that point, I was routing for Green Bay.

Aw, so close to meeting the DIS crew. I've only watched a few of their podcasts, I just never seem to find the time to watch.

Yum, Mickey pretzel! I want one of those right now.

Beautiful pictures from the Boardwalk. Well except for that darn clown pool.:scared1: I hate that thing because I'm not a fan of clowns.

Yay for another trip in 2016!

Looks like grandma is giving TOT the thumbs down in that first PP picture. :rotfl:

Very cool of ESPN to set up those bleachers for everyone to watch the playoffs. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA so of course I've always been and always will be a Steeler fan. But since they were out of the playoffs at that point, I was routing for Green Bay.

Aw, so close to meeting the DIS crew. I've only watched a few of their podcasts, I just never seem to find the time to watch.

Yum, Mickey pretzel! I want one of those right now.

Beautiful pictures from the Boardwalk. Well except for that darn clown pool.:scared1: I hate that thing because I'm not a fan of clowns.

Yay for another trip in 2016!
My grandma made ever photo pass photo worth it.

Diehard green and gold in my family.

I watch the podcasts regularly I can't get enough of them. They are like my Disney family.

I don't like clowns either but I would love to stay at the boardwalk.

I can't wait for 2016 now and I will most likely be taking on the WDW half marathon this time.

Get your elbows off the table!!!

After a nice Packers win and advancement to the NFC Championship game (They lost the next one >:() we headed for the boat to go back to DHS. Our last park adventure would be dinner at 50s Prime Time a first for all of us.

Some pictures from the boat.

Last hat picture for me ever.

We got to 50s and checked in for dinner. I married Joan was on the little TV and its funny because my grandmas name is Joan.

Soon enough we were called to be seated by a loud lovely older man.

My grandparents loved the decor and they thought it looked exactly like the 50s and how their houses looked.

So if you haven't eaten here before I highly recommend it because the food is good and the skit the CMs put on is fantastic. Our server was Janice and based on every CM I saw and heard she seemed like the best. She was older and had that high pitched nasily voice that was perfect. She called me zippy and yelled at my grandpa for wearing his hat and having his elbows on the table. She was hysterical, my grandpa had no idea coming into what it was like so he was really thrown off by getting yelled at. It was all in good fun though. She made us set the table for dinner and my grandma asked if they had any openings, Janice the waitress responded for who skippy over here (my grandpa), my grandma said no for me. Janice said I think he would be a better fit.

I had gotten the fried chicken which was very good. I forgot what everyone else got because I was laughing half the time.

For dessert which I didn't have any room for to begin with I got the brownie sundae and they really load this thing up.

After our fantastic dinner we headed out and back to POR as it was our last full day and time to head home tomorrow.

Up Next: The tragical express at its finest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter