"Get your elbows off the table!!!" A marathon weekend TR completed 3/22

Glad you had a great time at 50s Prime Time! I love that restaurant. My last time there was for our 15th anniversary and our waitress had us stand up an reenact our vows for the rest of the room. It was a blast!

Glad you had a great time at 50s Prime Time! I love that restaurant. My last time there was for our 15th anniversary and our waitress had us stand up an reenact our vows for the rest of the room. It was a blast!
50s was great and I will defintely go there again. My grandparents and aunt and uncle really enjoyed it.

The tragical express at its finest

We are unfortunately near the end of this trip report. We woke up early but not crazy early as we had to get our things ready to leave. Our flight to go home was at noon. As soon as we got our things together we headed to take our luggage to the bag check spot and then headed back in for some breakfast.

POR will definitely be one of my favorites from here on out now that I have stayed here twice. The decor and scenery is just fantastic I absolutely love the resort. I hope to stay here again but also hope to stay at other resorts in the future.

I do not have any pictures from breakfast but it was just the food court bounty platter. I think the POR food court is very good and don't mind eating there.

Soon enough it was time to get on the dreaded tragical express.

This bus gets you so excited for your trip but then is so depressing when you have to leave. Its really a love hate relationship. We got to the airport and headed for our gate no problem.

Not too long after we were on the plane and headed out back to the cold snowy state of Wisconsin.

If you can tell my uncle is passed out in the seat next to my aunt. The flight didn't take that long and we were home from 6 days of fun in the not so sunny or warm orlando.

Final thoughts...

Now that its over and I can look forward to writing my next trip report I have some final thoughts on my trip.

Port Orleans Riverside

A great moderate resort with plenty of things to do and see. I have stayed here twice and love the place. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a different resort to stay at. The food court is great and YeeHaw Bob is something no other resort has.

Dining
Portobellos 8/10
They accommodated us very well for being almost an hour late after our flight. The food and service was very good. I would definitely eat there again.

Boma 9/10
Fantastic breakfast buffet in a great resort. No problems with food or service everyone in our group enjoyed this one.

Biergarten 6/10
My Uncle and Grandpa liked this place but for the rest of us it didn't do it. The service was good and the restaurant is great with the german band. We just didn't find the food that appealing.

Be our guest 8/10
For such a hard to get reservation the food isn't to die for but what is, is the atmosphere. The theming here is second to none. We had great service and I had my favorite grey stuff dessert.

50s Prime Time 9/10
I would go back just for the experience because that was worth it alone. We had an amazing server and good food. One of the highlights of our trip.

Marathon Weekend
I would do all the events if I could thats how good my first experience was. I had such an amazing time that I can't wait until I do another one. RunDisney is truly a great part of the company, the work they pull off is like nothing else. I wrote an article about my experience for the DIS if you didn't read it.

Overall it was a great time to go not extremely busy but also not dead by any means. My first time in going in January was nice because the Christmas decor was up and the temperatures were not extremely hot. But we were a little disappointed that it was colder than we had prepared for. Now we know for next time tho.

I will be returning in 2016 for marathon weekend to run the Half marathon. I just have to sign up once registration opens in April. This trip I will be going with my other grandma and her sister. I will be sure of course to write a TR and share my adventures. Thanks for following along!

Great wrap up I'm sad to see it end! I love POR also, it's probably tied for favorite Mod with Caribbean Beach.

I actually got to meet Barbara, the CM you photographed in the DME video. I went up to a CM to ask a question and it was her. I didn't realize at first and when I turned back around to say something, she was gone.

Make sure you send me a PM when you start your next TR for the January trip.

Great wrap up I'm sad to see it end! I love POR also, it's probably tied for favorite Mod with Caribbean Beach.

I actually got to meet Barbara, the CM you photographed in the DME video. I went up to a CM to ask a question and it was her. I didn't realize at first and when I turned back around to say something, she was gone.

Make sure you send me a PM when you start your next TR for the January trip.
That's so cool you met Barbara! I have never stayed at CBR so I can't compare the two. I will definitely let you know!

Hi Ryan! I started reading your current TR, and then came over to read this one. Nice photos. I really love how you travel with different generations of your family and all seem to get along and have fun together. I wonder how mine would do on a Disney trip!

Hi Ryan! I started reading your current TR, and then came over to read this one. Nice photos. I really love how you travel with different generations of your family and all seem to get along and have fun together. I wonder how mine would do on a Disney trip!
Thanks for reading my TRs. Yes my entire family gets along very well together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter