Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Real Life Update – August 2016

Sorry for my absence this week. I have been incredibly busy at work and home.

Peter and Hannah headed back to school on Wednesday.

Peter started senior school.

He certainly has grown since his first day at primary school.

Over the weekend Peter has played two rugby matches both away fixtures. Yesterday was the first match of the season for his school team. His team had a resounding victory and Peter managed to score two tries so a good start to the season. Today’s match was with his rugby club where the final score was 25 – 3 to his team.

Last night we celebrated my Mum and Dad’s Golden Anniversary. We had an evening for them with friends and family. We watched their wedding video which was converted from cine film to DVD for their 40th anniversary.

Here they are fifty years ago.

The cake was a lot smaller this time.

The day they got married Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby was Number One and 'God Only Knows' was at Number 2. Those songs have certainly stood the test of time just like my parents' marriage.

Hannah's post on Facebook made me laugh and cry.

Today my amazing Gran and Grandpa celebrate their Golden Wedding Anniversary! My Gran and Grandpa are pretty much the most unlikely couple you will ever meet and I know Grandpa drives Gran round the bend sometimes,but it's always so clear that after all this time they still love each other so deeply! They truly have stuck together through good times and bad , through sickness and health and I am convinced that nothing but death could end their marriage. Their love of God, their family , people and above all each other inspires me daily to be a better person. Gran and Grandpa thank you for setting such an amazing example of love and commitment and for always caring for us and loving us . No words could ever express my love and gratitude towards you . Congratulations on 50 golden years and I can't wait to celebrate with you tonight!

Holy crap! Who are these two young adults??? No way they're the same people you've been writing about!

Whoa. Even the socks look new!

Yesterday was the first match of the season for his school team. His team had a resounding victory and Peter managed to score two tries so a good start to the season.

Way to go!

Last night we celebrated my Mum and Dad’s Golden Anniversary.

Congratulations to them both.

Here they are fifty years ago.

Awww... cute couple.

The day they got married Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby was Number One

Love Eleanor Rigby. Great tune. Heard it on the radio just the other day.

Very sweet of her.

Peter and Hannah headed back to school on Wednesday.

I like the school uniforms. Very few Canadian schools have them (just a couple private schools that I know of). It's a bit controversial over here, but I would actually like to see them in all the schools. Of course my teenage fashion-centric daughter would disagree. My DDs still have one more week before summer is over.

Last night we celebrated my Mum and Dad’s Golden Anniversary.
Fantastic! I just celebrated my 10th a few weeks ago. It's hard to imagine another 40 years on top of that!

What a lovely post. She's a very mature and thoughtful young lady.

So handsome and beautiful! Hopefully their first day/week back was wonderful. And I completely understand the busy thing. I am so glad August is almost over. 1 down, 9 to go for us. OMG, it makes me tired just to type that.

Congrats to your parents! What a wonderful celebration. And wow on Hannah's post. I bet you are so proud. She is so eloquent!

Looking forward to more!

Holy crap! Who are these two young adults??? No way they're the same people you've been writing about!

It's funny seeing them back in their uniform after 2 months not wearing it!

Whoa. Even the socks look new!

They had to be his feet have grown so much over the summer. He had to buy his shoes from the men's section.

Way to go!

He loves his rugby - not bad for a forward scoring some tries.

Congratulations to them both.

Thanks - I think they enjoyed the occasion!

Love Eleanor Rigby. Great tune. Heard it on the radio just the other day.

Definitely Eleanor Rigby was the better song on the Double A side. Although it was number one in the UK it didn't get to number one in the US. There was still a Beatle boycott from some DJs in the US.

Very sweet of her.

She is very fond of my Mum and Dad. She has spent so much time with them. She was with them during the day when I went back to work when she was 4 months old. She dotes on my Dad and his sense of humour.

I like the school uniforms. Very few Canadian schools have them (just a couple private schools that I know of). It's a bit controversial over here, but I would actually like to see them in all the schools. Of course my teenage fashion-centric daughter would disagree. My DDs still have one more week before summer is over.

Very few schools here do not have uniform. The blazer has been reintroduced to a lot of state secondary school. It is good not having to worry about fashion and labels. Hope your DDs have a good first week back at school.

Fantastic! I just celebrated my 10th a few weeks ago. It's hard to imagine another 40 years on top of that!

We've got to 19 years and if life keeps going at this frenetic pace we'll be there in no time. I think it will be less common for such big milestones in the future. People tend to get married later, if at all.

A couple of good looking kids!

Obviously take after their mother! ;)

Oh, the look on your father's face as he's looking at your mom in this photo is just :love:. Congratulations to them on 50 years. WOW!

In the cin
é film he was grinning from ear to ear. It made us all smile!

So handsome and beautiful! Hopefully their first day/week back was wonderful.

Peter was shattered by the end of the second day back he was pleading not to go to swim training. It is a long day as they leave the house at 7:30am.

And I completely understand the busy thing. I am so glad August is almost over. 1 down, 9 to go for us. OMG, it makes me tired just to type that.

It is absolutely relentless. We currently have a teacher shortage in Scotland so if anyone is off we are not able to get a replacement.

Congrats to your parents! What a wonderful celebration.

Thank you! It was lovely to celebrate the occasion particularly given some health concerns over the past few years.

And wow on Hannah's post. I bet you are so proud. She is so eloquent!

She just writes what she feels - she is very close to them. We have lost a few family members in the past few years she is treasuring her time with them. My Dad teased her about it but I think he was secretly touched.

It's funny seeing them back in their uniform after 2 months not wearing it!

I'll bet!

They had to be his feet have grown so much over the summer. He had to buy his shoes from the men's section.

Your little boy is growing up!

There was still a Beatle boycott from some DJs in the US.

I didn't know that. I do know the comment that sparked it... but didn't know (or remember) the result.

She is very fond of my Mum and Dad. She has spent so much time with them. She was with them during the day when I went back to work when she was 4 months old. She dotes on my Dad and his sense of humour.

Awww... that's really nice.

I'm a little behind.

I haven't seen the new castle show so I loved getting a peak. The costumes are beautiful. I'm really looking forward to seeing it on our next trip. I'm sure Louie will be back by then.

Your kids look so grown up going back to school. Danielle had 2 days back and then the flood hit and they won't go back now until after Labor Day. We have uniforms but not as spiffy and yours. Congrats to your parents! 50 years is a long time. They still look as happy as they did when they first tied the knot. I love seeing old wedding photographs.

I'm a little behind.

Only a little and look you're all caught up! :)

I haven't seen the new castle show so I loved getting a peak. The costumes are beautiful. I'm really looking forward to seeing it on our next trip. I'm sure Louie will be back by then.

It's always good to see something new. Louis is back!

Danielle had 2 days back and then the flood hit and they won't go back now until after Labor Day.

The flood really wreaked havoc. I really feel for the people affected by it. Is Danielle preparing for exams this school year? Does that mean she goes back next week?

We have uniforms but not as spiffy and yours.

Their uniforms are quite smart. A lot of schools do not have a uniform skirt and in most schools girls can now wear a skirt or trousers (pants to my American friends!)

Congrats to your parents! 50 years is a long time. They still look as happy as they did when they first tied the knot.

Thanks. 50 years is a long time. My Mum tells my Dad off for telling the same jokes but everyone else still find him really funny.

I love seeing old wedding photographs.

Me too. I love old photos. Alan put together a PowerPoint of photos from the last 50 years for their celebration.

Caught up. I am hoping to see the new show at the castle when I am in Disney in a couple of weeks. It's my slow down and enjoy the little things type of trip as I am going solo.

My brother played Rugby but I must confess I don't know much about the game. There is a league here that practiced near the fields where my grandson plays baseball and I did enjoy watching it.

Congrats on your parents anniversary. My folks celebrated 60 years last October and we worried my dad wouldn't make it. He had cancer although he is doing fantastic now.

I'll try and keep up. I am busy working on a TR for my last 2 trips plus Scotland and hope to get it going soon.

Is Danielle preparing for exams this school year? Does that mean she goes back next week?

The kids do go back next week. The crazy thing is even though they haven't had class they still have the extra stuff going on. We had the jamboree football gave last Friday night and will have another game this Friday night. She has to go back and forth for practices and meetings too.

The kids have exams every year, not the same as y'all have. The big test they take to prepare for college is the ACT or SAT. She took the ACT last year and will take it again this year in hopes of getting a better score. She did pretty good last year but if she could get one more point it will help.

My brother played Rugby but I must confess I don't know much about the game. There is a league here that practiced near the fields where my grandson plays baseball and I did enjoy watching it.

It is a great game to watch. Peter's match this morning through in Edinburgh was called off but he has a match with his club team tomorrow.

Congrats on your parents anniversary. My folks celebrated 60 years last October and we worried my dad wouldn't make it. He had cancer although he is doing fantastic now.

I think it makes it even more special when it has been uncertain whether they will get to celebrate it! What a special celebration that must have been! That is so good that your Dad is doing well. We just count every day as a blessing!

I'll try and keep up. I am busy working on a TR for my last 2 trips plus Scotland and hope to get it going soon.

Don't worry I won't be going at too fast a pace. Sounds like you are going to be busy writing trip reports. Let me know when you start so I don't miss them.

The crazy thing is even though they haven't had class they still have the extra stuff going on. We had the jamboree football gave last Friday night and will have another game this Friday night. She has to go back and forth for practices and meetings too

It is definitely relentless! Sometimes their commitments clash. Hannah was meant to be at a choir training weekend but also had workshops and auditions tomorrow for principal parts in her theatre club. Peter is the same with his rugby and swimming.

The kids have exams every year, not the same as y'all have. The big test they take to prepare for college is the ACT or SAT. She took the ACT last year and will take it again this year in hopes of getting a better score. She did pretty good last year but if she could get one more point it will help.

Hopefully she gets that extra point. Hannah has explained the US educational system to me. Probably based on the fact that Mona in Pretty Little Liars was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA and perfect hair while she was tapping Rosewood's police calls. I think that would be Hannah's aim to get good grades and perfect hair but without the stalking!

It is a great game to watch. Peter's match this morning through in Edinburgh was called off but he has a match with his club team tomorrow.

I think it makes it even more special when it has been uncertain whether they will get to celebrate it! What a special celebration that must have been! That is so good that your Dad is doing well. We just count every day as a blessing!

Don't worry I won't be going at too fast a pace. Sounds like you are going to be busy writing trip reports. Let me know when you start so I don't miss them.

Rugby isn't as popular here so I don't know much about it. I would love to learn more about it one day.

It really was a special anniversary because there really was so much unknown with my dad's illness. My mom says he has cheated death so many times that his 9 lives may be up soon.

I have the drafts written for at least the first trip. I have posted the introduction. Please pop in the title is: 3 trips in one year with a side of baseball and Scotland.

Hannah has explained the US educational system to me. Probably based on the fact that Mona in Pretty Little Liars was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA and perfect hair while she was tapping Rosewood's police calls. I think that would be Hannah's aim to get good grades and perfect hair but without the stalking!

:rotfl2:

Wow your kids look so grown up in their uniforms. My youngest is starting Uni next week so we're finally done with school and uniforms :)

Congrats to your Mum and Dad :goodvibes

It really was a special anniversary because there really was so much unknown with my dad's illness. My mom says he has cheated death so many times that his 9 lives may be up soon.

Loved the photos in your trip report. Good on your Dad - that 'borrowed time' is really special.

I have the drafts written for at least the first trip. I have posted the introduction. Please pop in the title is: 3 trips in one year with a side of baseball and Scotland.

Sounds like you are well organised. I have had a nightmare with the Photopass website and am still trying to retrieve all my photos.

Wow your kids look so grown up in their uniforms. My youngest is starting Uni next week so we're finally done with school and uniforms :)

That must be very strange for you - definitely an end of an era. Hope the start of Uni goes well. Are they going away for Uni?

Congrats to your Mum and Dad :goodvibes
Thanks

That must be very strange for you - definitely an end of an era. Hope the start of Uni goes well. Are they going away for Uni?
Yes she's going to a London/Surrey university and we live in Kent. My other DD is also at uni, she's at Kingston upon Thames which is one hour from us and about 5/10 minutes from where my youngest DD is going and about 10 minutes from my sisters house. So not far at all :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter