• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie+ questions

chunks

Earning My Ears
Two questions:

1. I have read a lot about mep fishing and gold tier Meps and how you can essentially accelerate all lightning lane return windows if you have a gold tier mep.

Does that work across both parks. For example, if I get an mep from Indiana Jones, can I use that to accelerate lightning lane returns at both Disneyland and dca?

2. Can I use modify to stack lls. E.g can I book Indiana Jones at 730am, then keep modifying that ll throughout the day (before the return time expires), until it’s in the 5pm window. Then at 930am, book space mtn and do the same thing. Then at 1130am, book something else? And keep modifying until I have 3-4 rides lined up for around 5?

Thanks.

1. I have not used the accelerate feature with an MEP, so I can't speak to that one. Just to clarify, Gold tier MEPs are from: Guardians, Radiator Springs, Toy Story, Webslingers, Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Runaway Railway, Space Mountain, and Rise. If you have a park hopper, you can use them across parks (I would expect if the acceleration works, it should work the same way).

2. Modifying to stack should work as long as you keep an eye on return times. I had a day where I kept bumping my Guardians LL from noon until 4 or 5pm. The new booking window stays from when you originally made the reservation, and is not affected by the modifications.

Multi experience pass. When a ride breaks down and you have a lightning line, you get an mep to use at any other ride (except a few)

1. Not sure about this. Hopefully someone else can confirm. FWIW, fishing for a MEP takes a considerable amount of phone time, at least it has for me. I have been “burned” recently trying for a MEP and it threw my day out of whack - I should have just left well enough alone, lol. With the modify feature I find the acceleration “bonus” of a MEP is kinda moot. To each his own, though.

2. Yes, this is my strategy and why I always suggest booking a LL as soon as you enter, as it sets your “booking” clock for the day. The modify feature is a game changer.

I will have small children with me, so my plan is to grab a few of the gold tier rides early in the day, keep pushing them back through out the date and hope one of them breaks early in the day. Thus, while im fishing for an MEP, I am also booking rides I want later in the day (after the small children go back to the hotel for a nap)

2. Yes, this is my strategy and why I always suggest booking a LL as soon as you enter, as it sets your “booking” clock for the day. The modify feature is a game changer.

I don't think the modify feature was in the app the last time we were at the parks, so I'm trying to wrap my head around this. What is the reasoning for getting LLs then moving them to evening? My understanding was that you could get another LL after either you ride OR if 120 minutes has passed since you reserved. Are you getting more rides somehow by doing this? Or moving the rides to a more beneficial time later in the day?

I could definitely see a benefit if during the morning you can snag a LL that only shows an evening return time but then move it earlier in the day when you really wanted to go, but not sure about the other way. Thanks!

I just spent 5 days in the parks stacking mep’s and modifying like crazy, but I’m not sure what accelerating return times with gold tier mep’s even means. Wish I did! Haha. I did get a couple gold tier from Web Slingers being down a lot though. Indiana Jones opened our last day there. We were starting in DCA so I couldn’t make a LL for that off the bat and by the time I did it was 11:25pm-12am. Modified like crazy and got it up to 11:15am and then it went down so ended up with a mep for that too.

As far as modifying to stack LL’s- absolutely yes. I did this every morning and really made the LL’s work for me instead of being ruled by them. It also didn’t matter to me what the return times were even late into the day, there wasn’t a time that I couldn’t get it to modify to a time that worked better for me. The downside was a lot of time spent on my phone refreshing, sometimes what felt like a hundred times. But it always worked.

Our best mep stacking was last Wednesday morning. It rained all evening Tuesday and was still wet Wednesday morning. Between Autopia, Big Thunder, and iasw all being down I had 7 mep’s (not gold tier) by 10am that day. Then the rides came back up and we had a fantastic afternoon. I love being able to use those on Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Nemo and other non LL rides.

I don't think the modify feature was in the app the last time we were at the parks, so I'm trying to wrap my head around this. What is the reasoning for getting LLs then moving them to evening? My understanding was that you could get another LL after either you ride OR if 120 minutes has passed since you reserved. Are you getting more rides somehow by doing this? Or moving the rides to a more beneficial time later in the day?

I could definitely see a benefit if during the morning you can snag a LL that only shows an evening return time but then move it earlier in the day when you really wanted to go, but not sure about the other way. Thanks!
The benefit would be to move the rides to a more beneficial time of day while also starting your LL clock. So for example before this feature if I knew say guardians was a priority I could potentially have missed out on a LL because I was “waiting” for the ideal return time. Definitely more beneficial in reverse, but if you are wanting to stack those evening LL you don’t have to keep waiting for the ideal return time and can book every 2 hrs. Hope this makes sense.

I just spent 5 days in the parks stacking mep’s and modifying like crazy, but I’m not sure what accelerating return times with gold tier mep’s even means. Wish I did! Haha. I did get a couple gold tier from Web Slingers being down a lot though. Indiana Jones opened our last day there. We were starting in DCA so I couldn’t make a LL for that off the bat and by the time I did it was 11:25pm-12am. Modified like crazy and got it up to 11:15am and then it went down so ended up with a mep for that too.

As far as modifying to stack LL’s- absolutely yes. I did this every morning and really made the LL’s work for me instead of being ruled by them. It also didn’t matter to me what the return times were even late into the day, there wasn’t a time that I couldn’t get it to modify to a time that worked better for me. The downside was a lot of time spent on my phone refreshing, sometimes what felt like a hundred times. But it always worked.

Our best mep stacking was last Wednesday morning. It rained all evening Tuesday and was still wet Wednesday morning. Between Autopia, Big Thunder, and iasw all being down I had 7 mep’s (not gold tier) by 10am that day. Then the rides came back up and we had a fantastic afternoon. I love being able to use those on Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Nemo and other non LL rides.
Regarding using the MEPs on non LL rides, how do you redeem them? Is it at the exit? Thanks!

1. Yes, just did in on Sunday. Got one from Web Slinger since the ride broke down while we were on it during EE. Made the whole day perfect. Rode all LL lines (except water rides) at each park and a bunch of non LL rides and were done by 9pm. Didn’t have to zig zag. Also booked a Web Slingers LL, was still down, and got a second golden MEP and still got to book an actual Web slinger LL later that night. At the end of the night, used our MEPs on Web slinger and Guardians.

Thanks for all these tips - we are WDW vets and are trying to learn the basics. We do not have Magic Band +. We're trying to figure out how we scan in for Genie +. In WDW, I was able to add my ticket to Apple Wallet. I bought our ticket from undercover tourist and I have all 5 in the DL app under my husband's account....but I don't see a way to transfer them to individual people? My youngest doesn't have a phone....what is the "tapping in" like if we don't have magic bands?

Thanks for all these tips - we are WDW vets and are trying to learn the basics. We do not have Magic Band +. We're trying to figure out how we scan in for Genie +. In WDW, I was able to add my ticket to Apple Wallet. I bought our ticket from undercover tourist and I have all 5 in the DL app under my husband's account....but I don't see a way to transfer them to individual people? My youngest doesn't have a phone....what is the "tapping in" like if we don't have magic bands?
When it is time to redeem the LL on the app you click get info, then redeem and a barcode will come up for each person. At DL the tapping in stands also have a slot to put your phone in that will scan the barcode. Then you just slide through each member of your party to scan their barcodes. I always scanned for everyone in my party, none of us had magic bands and it was easier for me to do everyone than trying to navigate multiple phones.

When it is time to redeem the LL on the app you click get info, then redeem and a barcode will come up for each person. At DL the tapping in stands also have a slot to put your phone in that will scan the barcode. Then you just slide through each member of your party to scan their barcodes. I always scanned for everyone in my party, none of us had magic bands and it was easier for me to do everyone than trying to navigate multiple phones.
Can you still get a paper ticket and use a lanyard and scan that for genie +? We only have one smart phone and won't always be together...

Can you still get a paper ticket and use a lanyard and scan that for genie +? We only have one smart phone and won't always be together...
We did not ask about paper tickets and were not offered them but I did see some people with paper tickets and lanyards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter