Genie Plus - Experiences and Reviews

Going to DL for 1 day with 2 kiddos, we bought Genie+ for the extra $30 per person.

Wondering what exactly that gets us as it’s unclear for us.
It is smart to get Genie+ for at least one person - not for the rides (you All need Genie+ for that) but because the Genie+ plus allows for unlimited pro photos at the park for you as a group. I always suggest trying to get at least two group photos - some photographers are better than others. Personally, I'm not fond of the "cute" photos where they have everyone holding something or blowing pixie dust - the regular group photos with Disneyland in the background are too precious to add a distraction ;)

So it says Indiana Jones has Standby (basically waiting in regular line) available but no Genie+ is this normal? It showed Genie+ earlier but not anymore.
Most likely that there are no time slots left for the day. Keep checking because sometimes there could be cancellations. Or go as close to park closing as possible. Lines tend to go down later in the evening

So we ended up with like 15 Multiple Experience passes for our family or 3 because everything closed basically and we couldn’t even use them!

Quick LL hack. If you book your LL you have 1 hr window to use. So walk over to the ride scan in then book another LL right away. You still have the current LL loaded then also the 2nd LL so really not having to wait the 2hrs between booking. This might have been posted already just a refresher

Quick LL hack. If you book your LL you have 1 hr window to use. So walk over to the ride scan in then book another LL right away. You still have the current LL loaded then also the 2nd LL so really not having to wait the 2hrs between booking. This might have been posted already just a refresher
So, the LL will scan more than once to get you in the line?

If that’s true, couldn’t you actually ride the ride and re-use the LL again?

I thought the scan was to let you pass the invisible rope blocking the LL line?

No you scan at the entrance then turn around and leave you still have the hour to go back and ride it. Worked for us anyways

Yes we did as we were already active for that 1 hr the CM just verified us being legit. Few times we just went into the LL no questions asked. Worked for us the few times we tried no guarantee you will get same results

Yes we did as we were already active for that 1 hr the CM just verified us being legit. Few times we just went into the LL no questions asked. Worked for us the few times we tried no guarantee you will get same results
That’s interesting. Was there anything in the process to outwardly distinguish your group from a group that actually rode the ride and returned to the lightning lane for a second ride?

This seems like a cast member oversight, they should have never let you back into the line without tapping in. Lets not promote sneaking into the LL.

This seems like a cast member oversight, they should have never let you back into the line without tapping in. Lets not promote sneaking into the LL.
Not promoting sneaking at all. Just saying how once you check in you don't have to keep walking into the ride. Like scan in then have your 5 year old say they got to go to the bathroom now!!! you are allowed to turn around and go to the bathroom and come back in 10 mins

Not promoting sneaking at all. Just saying how once you check in you don't have to keep walking into the ride. Like scan in then have your 5 year old say they got to go to the bathroom now!!! you are allowed to turn around and go to the bathroom and come back in 10 mins
How would the cast member know you had a legit LL tho?

You can book your next LL after you scan. So why not just get in the lightning lane when you scan in and book the next LL while you're in line?

You can book your next LL after you scan. So why not just get in the lightning lane when you scan in and book the next LL while you're in line?
Yup yah can we were using it for walk on lines. Scan then go do 2 walk on rides then roll back over and do the LL we scanned for then off to the next LL we booked right after scanning.

Yup yah can we were using it for walk on lines. Scan then go do 2 walk on rides then roll back over and do the LL we scanned for then off to the next LL we booked right after scanning.
The point is that if you return and try to scan in again, the system will not let you and there is no way you can guarantee that the CM will remember you or let you can on. Heck, it could be a different CM when you return. This doesn’t seem like a repeatable strategy.

The point is that if you return and try to scan in again, the system will not let you and there is no way you can guarantee that the CM will remember you or let you can on. Heck, it could be a different CM when you return. This doesn’t seem like a repeatable strategy.
It really isn't a Strat at all lol. Just sharing an experience we had. Literally didnt 2 diff times based nothing on it or plan around it.

I had a good G+ experience the other day I wanted to share - shows the power of the refresh trick:

We got to the parks around 430pm, and needed to leave around 10pm. It was a typically busy day - headliners were all 45 min type lines or more. When we got there, the only rides with availability before 10pm were Star Tours, Buzz, Incredicoaster and Grizzly River, so my wife said we shouldn't buy G+. But I decided to do it anyways as kind of an experiment.

Grizzly was closed, and I knew it wouldn't reopen that late, so I knew if I booked it it would become multiple experience. I booked that right away while we ate dinner in DCA. Annoyingly it didn't become multiple experience until the 1 hr window ENDED (i was expecting it to convert as soon as the window started), but we were able to use that for Soarin, which we did around 615pm after eating dinner. After entering Soarin, I started refreshing, and managed to get BTMRR for 730pm, so we headed to DL. We did Star Tours standby, then rode BTMRR. doing refresh I managed to get HMH for 815pm, which was perfect - we shot the rifles to kill time. With refresh i could've gotten Millennium Falcon but we didn't want to walk all the way back there so we booked buzz, and then refreshed and got small world.

So despite basically no availability, we managed to use G+ 5 times (soarin via multiple experience, BTMRR, HMH, buzz, small world). I never saw Indy or Space mountain come up, but with refresh we pretty much could've gotten anything else (I saw guardians at one point but we wanted to do soarin, and saw all the DL rides except Indy and space at various points).

Now, we were a party of 2, and didn't have our kids with us. If we'd had our kids, I would not have bought G+ to begin with. It probably took me 10 minutes of refreshing each time to get something we wanted, which is not ideal if we're also watching the toddlers. But I was definitely vindicated with my wife over buying G+ that night or not!

I had a good G+ experience the other day I wanted to share - shows the power of the refresh trick:

Now, we were a party of 2, and didn't have our kids with us. If we'd had our kids, I would not have bought G+ to begin with. It probably took me 10 minutes of refreshing each time to get something we wanted, which is not ideal if we're also watching the toddlers. But I was definitely vindicated with my wife over buying G+ that night or not!
Like you, we know "how" to use G+ but sometimes I feel all that work defeats the purpose of 1) buying an add on to make the trip easier?, and 2) going to DL to enjoy the ambiance in the first place. I noted you said the same, if had kids along, but we've been experimenting with zero phones (except for the occasional photo or to check times before walking too far to another ride). Disney is magical with an annual pass, but with little kids, I'd almost prefer Adventure City or the zoos in San Diego ;) BTW, the San Diego Zoos have reasonable annual passes, no blockout dates, and free parking (even with fairly cheap passes). Both Adventure City and San Diego Safari Zoo are every bit as clean and well maintained as Disney properties. Both have Way easier parking! /// Sorry, got a bit off-topic lol ///

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter