Genie Plus - Experiences and Reviews

Question about multiple experience pass:

My understanding is If you book a Genie+ for a ride and it shuts down, then it turns into a multiple experience pass. If I use that on Splash, could I get a regular LL for splash later in the day too?
Yes when you get a MEP for a LL attraction that breaks down that LL is available again.
If timed right you can get multiple MEPs for the same attraction rather quickly by booking LL fast enough with a quick return time.

Question about multiple experience pass:

My understanding is If you book a Genie+ for a ride and it shuts down, then it turns into a multiple experience pass. If I use that on Splash, could I get a regular LL for splash later in the day too?

Yep. If it turns into a multi experience pass, it doesn’t affect your regular LL allotment for the day. It’s just an extra.

I heard if you try to book a LL for the other park in the morning it doesn’t automatically shift the return time to 1 so you can’t book it. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard if you try to book a LL for the other park in the morning it doesn’t automatically shift the return time to 1 so you can’t book it. Can anyone confirm this?
Yes, it's a fairly recent change. You can't book the opposite park until the return time hits 1pm.

Correct you have to wait until the LL return time is at 1pm or later.

Ugh that’s annoying. Especially if you’re starting at DL and want to do normal Guardians before it switches over because 1-2 is the only timeframe that’s a possibility

Ugh that’s annoying. Especially if you’re starting at DL and want to do normal Guardians before it switches over because 1-2 is the only timeframe that’s a possibility
If you start at DL at park opening try to get an MEP LL from Indiana Jones. If you are lucky enough you can use that MEP for Guardians, either version.

Another strategy is to just keep an eye on Guardians (original) LL as the 1pm LL should be available around 10am-11am.

If you start at DL at park opening try to get an MEP LL from Indiana Jones. If you are lucky enough you can use that MEP for Guardians, either version.

Another strategy is to just keep an eye on Guardians (original) LL as the 1pm LL should be available around 10am-11am.
Is Guardians not on the list for any MEP anymore?! Like if small world is down is the MEP from that not valid on Guardians anymore? Or do you just mean Indy is most likely to be down at park opening? I haven’t been at DL for a bit because of my DCP at WDW but last time I was at DL all the MEPs were valid on Guardians but not Space or Indy so a MEP from Space or Indy was more valuable

Yeah, I’ll definitely be checking for the Guardians return time to be late enough. It’ll just be a little annoying moving around my plans and constantly checking to see when it’s available for 1 when before I could’ve just done that automatically. I just want to get as many LLs as possible for Guardians because it’s my favorite ride in DCA

Is Guardians not on the list for any MEP anymore?! Like if small world is down is the MEP from that not valid on Guardians anymore? Or do you just mean Indy is most likely to be down at park opening? I haven’t been at DL for a bit because of my DCP at WDW but last time I was at DL all the MEPs were valid on Guardians but not Space or Indy so a MEP from Space or Indy was more valuable

Yeah, I’ll definitely be checking for the Guardians return time to be late enough. It’ll just be a little annoying moving around my plans and constantly checking to see when it’s available for 1 when before I could’ve just done that automatically. I just want to get as many LLs as possible for Guardians because it’s my favorite ride in DCA
Guardians is a Golden Tier MEP now. Indy is a Golden Tier attraction, Indy is also most likely to be down at park opening. Also check to see what the status of Space Mountain (Also a Golden Tier attraction) is during Early Entry. If down during EE it may be also be down when the park opens.

Guardians is a Golden Tier MEP now. Indy is a Golden Tier attraction, Indy is also most likely to be down at park opening. Also check to see what the status of Space Mountain (Also a Golden Tier attraction) is during Early Entry. If down during EE it may be also be down when the park opens.
Noooo I loved using all my lower tier MEPs on Guardians and higher tier ones on Space 😭 when did they move Guardians up? And is Toy Story still a higher tier ride?

Last edited:
sorry, what is a golden tier? that's a new one for me. does it mean if you got a MEP for a less popular ride being down, it can't be used for an e-ticket attraction?

I'm going to add to this line of questioning b/c my long lost brother (I'm adopted) asked me to. Last year when he went to Oogie Boogie the Genie system wouldn't allow him to get in line for Guardians before 3pm b/c it didn't recognize him as having tickets. Somehow it being an event was different. Any idea how we can fix that? I've never been on that ride, and really want to experience that w/ him. We all know that hoping to get on between 3-6 is a pipe dream if we can't access the ride until 3pm.
Does that make sense? Thoughts?

I'm going to add to this line of questioning b/c my long lost brother (I'm adopted) asked me to. Last year when he went to Oogie Boogie the Genie system wouldn't allow him to get in line for Guardians before 3pm b/c it didn't recognize him as having tickets. Somehow it being an event was different. Any idea how we can fix that? I've never been on that ride, and really want to experience that w/ him. We all know that hoping to get on between 3-6 is a pipe dream if we can't access the ride until 3pm.
Does that make sense? Thoughts?
The genie+ system didn't launch until Dec 2021, so I'm not sure how that could have been a factor for him? If you are entering on a party ticket at 3pm, there is no reason why you couldn't get in line for Guardians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter