Genie plus and annual passes

jelwallace

Mouseketeer
I apologize in advance if this has been answered...I am trying to add genie plus to our reservations in November. We have annual passes but are staying onsite. I can't figure out how to add them to our passes for this trip....On the Disney website it says that you can add them ahead of time if you are staying onsite but it doesn't mention annual passes specifically.

Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered...I am trying to add genie plus to our reservations in November. We have annual passes but are staying onsite. I can't figure out how to add them to our passes for this trip....On the Disney website it says that you can add them ahead of time if you are staying onsite but it doesn't mention annual passes specifically.

Any help would be appreciated.
You can only purchase Genie+ the morning of when you have an annual pass.

Thank you for replying so quickly Michael.

I think it is a shame that those of us who have invested a lot of time and money into Disney don't get to purchase them ahead of time when we have reservations for a hotel on site and have park reservations for specific days.

You can only purchase Genie+ the morning of when you have an annual pass.
Thanks for answering my biggest question.
I an not challenging your info... just wondering where you obtained this information? This is the first I have seen that question answered. thanks! :)

We have annual passes too and it tells you on the app that we are allowed to only purchase G+ the day of. Which stinks! I am trying to locate how I got to where it said that, but it said due to my pass types (annual passes) I could only purchase day of. I also have reservations on site.

What if the APs aren't activated yet? Can we still add on Genie+ that morning...before we get to Guest Services at 3pm to activate them?

Not sure if this is related or not. We are supposed to be able to change park reservations as onsite guests. We have 3 people with park hoppers and 2 with annual passes in our room. I went to change from HS to MK and could cancel all together but needed to make the reservations for the AP holders as AP holders, not as resort guests so 2 different requests.

Not sure if this is related or not. We are supposed to be able to change park reservations as onsite guests. We have 3 people with park hoppers and 2 with annual passes in our room. I went to change from HS to MK and could cancel all together but needed to make the reservations for the AP holders as AP holders, not as resort guests so 2 different requests.
It should be as "AP with resort reservation" or something like that. That happened when I tried to re-do our park reservations.

That’s exactly what I just posted about- I couldn’t change the park reservations for the two different groups, and even couldn’t cancel them together. I had to cancel the AP’s reservations first, then the ticketed group, even though we are in the same hotel at the same time.

Then I had to make mine, and then theirs. It was a cumbersome process for sure, but I assume it’s because the AP has blockout dates and they need to make sure that it’s a valid reservation for the AP holder(?).

This is really frustrating to hear about not being able to buy Genie+ for the trip while staying on site, simply because we have APs. This seems like such a bad business decision. We’re DVC members and this is the sort of thing that encourages us not to buy APs (& therefore travel down to Disney less often).

We go to sleep before midnight to get to rope drop. This means I’m going to be stuck staying up late by myself each night, just to purchase for the next morning :mad:

Yeah....I gotta admit...the 'not being able to add Genie+ as an AP' is not a good feeling. I'm sure better minds than mine thought this through and came up with 'day of only' for some reason. Maybe because it would be hard to determine 'length of stay' as there are many variations of AP accommodations....onsite, offsite, Grandma's house, etc. But there's gotta be a way that APs could purchase per park reservation...right? Then those who are at Aunt Tilly's house get to make their 3 or 5 park reservations at a time and they can buy G+ for those days. Onsite guests, who are staying 10 days, buy G+ for those 10 park reservations. Like I said, better minds than mine have thought this all through, but.... just wishing they'd reconsider....which they might.

It should be as "AP with resort reservation" or something like that. That happened when I tried to re-do our park reservations.
I agree. I think the problem is likely to be that "some" AP holders will make resort reservations, buy Genie, then drop the resort.

Yes, you can add on G+ as early as 12:01 AM that morning.

Even if not yet activated? I, too, would like to purchase possibly G+ and IA$$ at 12 am the "day" we arrive and use later in the day; however, we wont be activating our passes until we get to the resort (BWVs) and walk to Epcot.

Thanks.

Genie+ is an add on to a ticket. You book 6 resort nights with a 4 day ticket, and no park reservations yet booked. At booking, you can add on G+ with a times 4 cost. If the system went by number of park reservations, G+ would need to be done after park reservations were made, which is not at initial package/ticket purchase. I'm an AP holder, but I realize Disney IT can only try and manage one thing. They choose, at this time, to juggle the ball with the folks who are most likely to pay ahead of time. Speaking for myself, that is not me.

Even if not yet activated? I, too, would like to purchase possibly G+ and IA$$ at 12 am the "day" we arrive and use later in the day; however, we wont be activating our passes until we get to the resort (BWVs) and walk to Epcot.

Thanks.
Yes, I’ve read at least two reports stating that can be done. Hopefully, when the “everything Genie” thread is ready to go, there will be confirmation of it.

Yes, I’ve read at least two reports stating that can be done. Hopefully, when the “everything Genie” thread is ready to go, there will be confirmation of it.
Fab. Thanks so much!

Thanks.
Just to clarify... I think you can only add Genie+ at midnight, though you can't select your first attraction until 7am. The Individual $LL is done at 7am if you have an onsite reservation, or at park opening if offsite. But yes you should be able to do both with APs before activation.

And then be up at 7AM to grab a ride. Ridiculous process!
Or you can choose to purchase it at 6:55 am before making your 7am selection. Still, not ideal at all. But I think people confusing “can” book at 12:01 am with “must” book at 12:01 am. And based on yesterday’s reports, it seemed like many people who waited to purchase their ILL$ later in the day were able to get most of what they wanted save for RotR (did I see that they did a second drop later in the day?). We definitely need more data to determine if it’s actually necessary to wake up at 7am to get what we want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter