Genie+ park based priced!

But it’s the parks a person would not normally get Genie+ for (if they are aware that it’s not worth it)

Sucks got those of us that maximize with park hopping 😬
Yeah, I don't need G+ for hopping, although I have a 7 day hopper. Would only do it one day for HS and maybe one day for MK. Looks like those 2 are the expensive parks. Sigh. Sucks that the MK price is the same as all 4 parks? I will probably skip it now for MK as I will be there 2 days (one is a Halloween party day). Not worth $27 for me.

Last edited:
Posting this here, since the other thread is not the right place,

What a complete joke. So first, something that was free for everyone, became price based. When you bought genie plus, you can use it at any park during the day. Now they want to charge you for being able to use it at more then one park a day. Mark my words, prices will be the same or higher. You won't save anything. So sick of this genie plus crap, and nickle and diming all the time. People think Iger is better, when in reality, its all the same crap. This whole system was in development before Chapek

Bring back the free ones, AND STOP MAKING PEOPLE WAKE UP AT 7:00AM EVERY DAMN DAY TO BUY IT OR GET VQ of their vacation

Either our very last trip or the last one for an extremely long time will commence next year because of the unrealistic cost now. We have enjoyed the ride, but we are done. Our money can be spent elsewhere , such as the Caribbean and/or Europe.

Side note: is this the first time we've been able to know the price a few days in advance!? We leave Monday so knowing the genie+ cost for the 27th for HS is $24.. and knowing the prices recently.. it make
Me thing moderate-ish crowds?

If we go to a park like Epcot in the morning with our park reservation and don't want to use genie plus there and then want to park hop to HS at night and stack Lightning Lanes all day for HS can we buy genie plus for just HS in the morning to start stacking or do we have to buy the multipark genie plus?

If we go to a park like Epcot in the morning with our park reservation and don't want to use genie plus there and then want to park hop to HS at night and stack Lightning Lanes all day for HS can we buy genie plus for just HS in the morning to start stacking or do we have to buy the multipark genie plus?
In theory, you only have to buy G+ for HS.

It was inevitable but I really wish they'd give people a longer heads up on these things, not "we're doing it in three days and all ya'll who already budgeted for trips in the upcoming months, joke is on you, sucker!" We have PH and planned on using Genie + every day. Based on prices I've been seeing, I was hoping for less than $25/day. Now it will most certainly be more than that, which sure is only a few dollars but X 5 people and 7 days, it's not nothing. We planned the trip around one pricing structure and now a whole new one that will cost us more is in place. So obnoxious.

The message seems to be "you? you gotta spend all this time planning and make dining reservations ahead of time and learn the system but us? We can change the game a week before your trip."

Last edited:
It was inevitable but I really wish they'd give people a longer heads up on these things, not "we're doing it in three days and all ya'll who already budgeted for trips in the upcoming months, joke is on you, sucker!" We have PH and planned on using Genie + every day. Based on prices I've been seeing, I was hoping for less than $25/day. Now it will most certainly be more than that, which sure is only a few dollars but X 5 people and 7 days, it's not nothing. We planned the trip around one pricing structure and now a whole new one that will cost us more is in place. So obnoxious.

The message seems to be "you? you gotta spend all this time planning and make dining reservations ahead of time and learn the system but us? We can change the game a week before your trip."
We’re in the same boat as you and I agree with your sentiment. We’re going the week after next and I’ve spent the last month or so watching Genie+ pricing and wait times to decide which days it might be worth it. Joke’s on me.

What leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that they need an 8 month lead up time to make whatever changes they plan to do to not require guests to make reservations at 7 am as announced a couple of months ago, but it only takes a week to implement park based pricing?

I feel the same way as you. We are going next week and I'm not happy that they are only giving a week notice. We have PH but may now only buy genie+ for certain days instead of every park day and go to MK early in the morning for my 3 year old to catch some rides in Fantasyland.

Genie Plus combined with Hoppers are a cheat code, My girls and I crushed this last time we were there. I am not surprised, this makes that more expensive but it still allows you to skip more lines if you are willing get get the hoppers and move from park to park. More details to confuse people more than genie+ and ILL already does and more money for some....

This probably won't be known until the new system is in effect, but I'm wondering what will happen if you have a PH or AP and you buy G+ for your reserved park, then later in the day you decide you want to hop and want to buy it for another park. Will you just pay the difference between your park and every park? Or will you have to purchase it from scratch?

I feel like this is not only a money grab, but it's a way of stopping people from park hopping--or from forcing them to decide their entire day's itinerary first thing.

Nice work on the death of spontaneity, Mr. Iger. My confidence in you has disappeared. And please stop asking WDW parkgoers to make up for your poor movie revenue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter